Page 1126 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 126626102610761116112411251126112711281136117612261626 ... LastLast
Results 22,501 to 22,520 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    One of the 3 ugliest/least appealing beers I've ever seen, along with Salamander Slime, err, Slam and Taxman's Passion Fruit Guava something last year:

Attachment 9954
    ^^^^

*That* beer:

Hornswoggler-The Veil Brewing Company

Guessing this is the Reese's Peanut Butter version that accfanfrom1970 referred to earlier today.

Credit-nyesq83; thanks!!
    Format-dented pint can
    Style-chocolate milk stout; label stuck on can says "contains nuts"
    Stemware-Founders snifter
    Appearance-dark, dark brown with an ugly, tan inconsistent head that looked liked pulverized Reese's cups sprinkled over a beer
    Nose-this one has peanut butter in it and lots of it; fudge
    Mouthfeel-smooth
    Tastes-fudge, peanut better, dark caramel, molasses, more fudge, even more peanut butter
    IBU-40?
    ABV-7%
    Adjuncts-from Untappd: "600lbs of chocolate chips, 1,000lbs of locally made chocolate peanut butter from our friends at Reginald's Homemade, and 100lbs of Reese’s pieces.
    Overall impression-a peanut butter fudge milkshake; far more appealing to the palate than the eyes
    Ymm, Beer rating-debating between cat 2 and 3 here as it's almost too sweet but is a pretty amazing beer dessert
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

^^^^

*That* beer:

Hornswoggler-The Veil Brewing Company

Guessing this is the Reese's Peanut Butter version that accfanfrom1970 referred to earlier today.

Credit-nyesq83; thanks!!
    Format-dented pint can
    Style-chocolate milk stout; label stuck on can says "contains nuts"
    Stemware-Founders snifter
    Appearance-dark, dark brown with an ugly, tan inconsistent head that looked liked pulverized Reese's cups sprinkled over a beer
    Nose-this one has peanut butter in it and lots of it; fudge
    Mouthfeel-smooth
    Tastes-fudge, peanut better, dark caramel, molasses, more fudge, even more peanut butter
    IBU-40?
    ABV-7%
    Adjuncts-from Untappd: "600lbs of chocolate chips, 1,000lbs of locally made chocolate peanut butter from our friends at Reginald's Homemade, and 100lbs of Reese’s pieces.
    Overall impression-a peanut butter fudge milkshake; far more appealing to the palate than the eyes
    Ymm, Beer rating-debating between cat 2 and 3 here as it's almost too sweet but is a pretty amazing beer dessert
    I cannot imagine that beergoddess would not love this and give it a fuse category 3. She loves peanut butter. If I drive through Cook-Out, I better come home with some version of a peanut butter shake. Sounds like another super-fun Veil beer!

"It's unfortunate that what we find pleasing to the [palate] and pleasing to the eye is seldom the same." Fabienne, Pulp Fiction

WTH? No one in the pub for >3 hours!
    After drinking all of the 750ml Rum GBS I was a goner on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    After drinking all of the 750ml Rum GBS I was a goner on the couch.
    Not a surprise. Zzzzzzz...

I'm slipping this one in the after hours mail slot of the Virtual Pub and hoping someone will read it this AM:

Foreign Extra Stout-Guinness and Company

Credit-August West from his 12 pack Guinness sampler last Saturday; thanks!!
    Format-11.2 ounce bottle
    Appearance-mahogany with a modest, tan head\
    Nose-similar to the 3 prior Guinness above with charred grains and wood, burnt caramel and molasses
    Mouthfeel-smooth, woody, dry
    Tastes-match the scents with some earthy/herbal hop bitterness and a bit of coffee and baker's chocolate
    IBU-50?
    ABV-7.5%; a bit surprising, so technically an imperial stout
    Overall rating-classic Irish stout; worth tasting from the 12 pack
    Ymm, Beer rating-high cat 2; if you've never had a Guinness, or it's been a while, a litter of these during the holidays would be wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    👋

Stumbling into the pub shortly after a two cocktail brunch...🍻
    I'll assemble your 4 pack for delivery/pick-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Actually tasted and written up yesterday...

Founders Breakfast Stout

Draft pint at Rudy’s in New Haven while waiting for my daughter to finish a Duke alumni interview.

Very dark brown pour with no head to speak of. Aroma of coffee and maybe oatmeal?

First sip and the taste is quite sweet. I taste maple syrup and a little bourbon. It mellows out as it warms up and warms up the belly going down.

I like it although I expected it to be smoother—maybe more like a porter vs. a stout. A nice beer for an unseasonably cold day in New England.

P.S. if ever in New Haven the fries at Rudy’s are awesome. The rest of the food is good (although not great). Fun place.
    A great review. I am sure it has changed since I lived in CT, Post Corner Pizza in New Canaan is a place to go if you like the world’s best pizza.

One of the 3 ugliest/least appealing beers I've ever seen, along with Salamander Slime, err, Slam and Taxman's Passion Fruit Guava something last year:

Attachment 9954
    Did you add chocolate milk???? 🤣🤢

That's a great beer!

I'm not sure fuse has any more "verticals" of these but I have a 2016/2017/2018 series, IIRC. They will disappear over the Christmas season.
    I may have a 2016/17/18. Of course will be looking for 2019.

Did you add chocolate milk???? 🤣🤢
    LOL.

I considered it, but when I finally found the description and photo on Untappd I figured they had already done that with the astonishing amount of chocolate chips, peanut butter cups and Reese's pieces they added themselves.

I may have a 2016/17/18. Of course will be looking for 2019.
    What are y'all doing this Saturday?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/silent-...ts-79037267595

What are y'all doing this Saturday?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/silent-...ts-79037267595

Drooling at not being able to be in Kinston, while scrambling to figure out if we could get there.

No motor lodge availability- would be one expensive Lyft.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I cannot imagine that beergoddess would not love this and give it a fuse category 3. She loves peanut butter. If I drive through Cook-Out, I better come home with some version of a peanut butter shake. Sounds like another super-fun Veil beer!
    If we can ever meet up I have two more Reese’s Hornswoggler from Veil I’ll bring down. I didn’t read the Veil website close enough before going out there today. The Reese was $19 a four-pack I think. I went to pickup the Oreo Hornswoggler today, it’s also $19 but just for one 350ml bottle. So I only got one.

Vasen has put out some stouts including a BBA version and another with vanilla and mint. Got four-packs of those. Reviews to follow, but will probably be a while

If we can ever meet up I have two more Reese’s Hornswoggler from Veil I’ll bring down. I didn’t read the Veil website close enough before going out there today. The Reese was $19 a four-pack I think. I went to pickup the Oreo Hornswoggler today, it’s also $19 but just for one 350ml bottle. So I only got one.

Vasen has put out some stouts including a BBA version and another with vanilla and mint. Got four-packs of those. Reviews to follow, but will probably be a while
    ACCFan if you want to drive down for the Duke-Wake game next Saturday in Winston-Salem, we have an extra bedroom so you could spend the night. I think Mattman and Tripping William will be at the game too. (Tripping indicated he will be with his family on his best behavior). I think Duke will play better and may surprise. But if we don't, we could always just head over to Foothills, another Winston brewery, Jugg-Heads, or Stella. Or better yet we could just drink the beer you brought which would be better. I'll pay/trade for our share (I have a 2019 Dead & Berried you would like). And of course we could just help you with that Oreo Hornswaggler bottle too.

If you're not feeling another drive to watch this Duke football team, that is um understandable. I'm not going to be able to make the Miami game because it's Thanksgiving weekend and will be visiting family. I'll also definitely get to a few men's basketball games this year, especially the ones on Saturdays that I can afford (probably not Louisville/UNC).

Or like I said, I'm definitely down for heading up to Richmond for a brew crawl along with anybody who wants to come!

So it will happen sooner or later, and I'm good for some of those beers! Thanks!! Cheers!
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 11-17-2019 at 01:56 PM.

ACCFan if you want to drive down for the Duke-Wake game next Saturday in Winston-Salem, we have an extra bedroom so you could spend the night. I think Mattman and Tripping William will be at the game too. I think Duke will play better and may surprise. But if we don't, we could always just head over to Foothills, another Winston brewery, Jugg-Heads, or Stella. Or better yet we could just drink the beer you brought which would be better. I'll pay/trade for our share (I have a 2019 Dead & Berried you would like). And of course we could just help you with that Oreo Hornswaggler bottle too.

If you're not feeling another drive to watch this Duke football team, that is um understandable. I'm not going to be able to make the Miami game because it's Thanksgiving weekend and will be visiting family. I'll also definitely get to a few men's basketball games this year, especially the ones on Saturdays that I can afford (probably not Louisville/UNC).

Or like I said, I'm definitely down for heading up to Richmond for a brew crawl along with anybody who wants to come!

So it will happen sooner or later, and I'm good for some of those beers! Cheers!
    Not going to Wake. Son gets married Saturday. Will definitely be drinking local beers! Might go to Miami.

Unusual format. Still pretty spendy.

Depending on pick-up arrangements for the GBS Complete Set (RVA or Derm), I could get RJ199's Hornswogglers and arrange a meet-up with him after that.

Still sleeping off that Rum Barrel GBS and the depression from yesterday's disaster at WW?

Not going to Wake. Son gets married Saturday. Will definitely be drinking local beers! Might go to Miami.
    Sooooo, you finally decided which ones and how many...

And, a tip of the chalice to accfanfrom1970 for being a wonderful host for yesterday's Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub Stout Day, even if he passed out on his couch and the football product was unwatchable.

Now, it's time for him to pass the pint glass (and keys) and select our December host...

CONGRATS!! I'll drink to that!

CONGRATS!! I'll drink to that!
    Seconded on both counts!