Page 2123 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 11231623202320732113212121222123
Results 42,441 to 42,448 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    Hey, you know what they say. Beer is like sex. When its good, its great. When its bad, its still pretty good.
    I would disagree. I just won't drink a domestic lager from a macro-brewery. No taste and I just don't enjoy them. I won't drink them if they're free, and I frequently go to conferences where the domestics are free. Lately I have wished I liked Bud Light, so I could drink it. Just can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I would disagree. I just won't drink a domestic lager from a macro-brewery. No taste and I just don't enjoy them. I won't drink them if they're free, and I frequently go to conferences where the domestics are free. Lately I have wished I liked Bud Light, so I could drink it. Just can't do it.
    I am very much in agreement...I generally have one or two beers and I don't want to waste the experience on crappy macro beers (I will say that for years some of the Canadian standard beers have been considerably more flavorful than their American counterparts...

I believe in situational beer. If I'm mowing the lawn or settling in for 6 hours of NFL, I have no problem with a few cheap boring beers. Or if I'm at a baseball stadium with a hot dog in my hand. But if I'm having a nice meal or sitting in a beer garden, I can't imagine ordering something so light and flavorless.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am very much in agreement...I generally have one or two beers and I don't want to waste the experience on crappy macro beers (I will say that for years some of the Canadian standard beers have been considerably more flavorful than their American counterparts...
    OK OK I give up...

--------------------------------------------------------
    "I like beer." Sworn testimony before congress by a currently sitting justice of the supreme court of the United States of America.

OK OK I give up...

"I like beer." Sworn testimony before congress by a currently sitting justice of the supreme court of the United States of America.
    hey, someone has to drink them!

OK OK I give up...

Thank you for that. The long, beer thread nightmare is over. Let's put this behind us.

I've enjoyed Hillman's the times I've been there, especially the ability to eat and drink outdoors during the pandemic. The tables in the back along the creek are a lot more quiet than the ones on the road. The biggest drawback is that they are split between food and beer and are more limited in each area than places that specialize in one or the other.

I've not been to Cellarest, so I can't offer an opinion.

As I wrote in another thread, the very best brewery/taproom I've been to is cursus kĕmē:

https://smokymountains.com/asheville...s/cursus-keme/ and https://cursuskeme.com/

Hard to find (hidden off Swannanoa River road) but well worth it.

Section 15
    Visited Cursus Keme for the first time on Saturday, and loved the place. Great inside and outside feel, and the beers I sampled were uniformly strong. Thanks again for the nudge in that direction.

I enjoy the spiced holiday brews. Having a Troegs Mad Elf now. Lots of spice, a bit creamy, high abv to make my stockings tingle.