Page 495 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3954454854934944954964975055455959951495 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Mother Earth is one of my favorite breweries, particularly for their Silent Night and Tripel Overhead.

Most of their beer doesn't stand out in a crowded marketplace. In spite of that, it's all good beer.
    I have fond memories of their "Sisters of the Moon IPA," but that's been a few years and I'm an admitted IPA shill.
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Haven't been in probably 4 years. I know they have a new ride that opened last year that is the tallest and fastest giga coaster (whatever that is) in the world.
    Nephews went this summer. Said it was pretty good. Bring me back some Coco Loco from NODA if you can. Also have serious brewery news for you after you get back.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Nephews went this summer. Said it was pretty good. Bring me back some Coco Loco from NODA if you can. Also have serious brewery news for you after you get back.

ricks

Oh, no. Not again. Please don't tell us you're buying a share in another brewery .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

ricks
    Don't be shy with brewery news, Rick

Fuse - fast pass not worth it if you go on a weekday. If you plan on going on Saturday or Sunday, that may be another story. The new coaster was as good as advertised.

Rick ...spill the beans on the brewery news. I'm off tomorrow if you want to discuss over a beer instead.

Pineapple Sculpin-Ballast Point Brewing

They took one of the consistently highly rated IPAs in the US, Sculpin, and added pineapple to it as "one of many small batch cask experiments." This one didn't fail but I certainly like the original better and even thought the Grapefruit Sculpin was better. Pretty similar orange-yellow hue with a nose of citrus and tastes of stone fruits, grapefruit and a mild, pineapple juicy finish. Stats are identical to Sculpin at 70 IBUs and 7% ABV. Glad I decided against the whole 6er for $15 but happy to have spent $2.80 for the 12 ounce single to try it. It'd pair nicely with some grilled fish and a fruity-spicy salsa.

Napoleon Complex-Wicked Weed Brewing

This hoppy pale ale would put a lot of IPAs to shame. Pour was a straw-yellow color with a modest head and tropical and citrus scents and tastes of peaches, nectarines, mangoes and papayas. Couldn't find the IBU # anywhere but I'd guess 50 and the ABV is 5.2%, making this highly crushable. Shrimp scampi or a seafood au gratin would make delectable entrees to accompany this outstanding pale ale. I think the 6er was $10.49 so I've got a few to share/trade.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Napoleon Complex-Wicked Weed Brewing

This hoppy pale ale would put a lot of IPAs to shame. Pour was a straw-yellow color with a modest head and tropical and citrus scents and tastes of peaches, nectarines, mangoes and papayas. Couldn't find the IBU # anywhere but I'd guess 50 and the ABV is 5.2%, making this highly crushable. Shrimp scampi or a seafood au gratin would make delectable entrees to accompany this outstanding pale ale. I think the 6er was $10.49 so I've got a few to share/trade.
    This has been a go to pale ale for me this summer. Very good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Don't be shy with brewery news, Rick
    Going to ATL for a few days and then will probably need another week to verify. We don't post rumors, as you know, on DBR. Right? I will tell all when something happens.

ricks

Going to ATL for a few days and then will probably need another week to verify. We don't post rumors, as you know, on DBR. Right? I will tell all when something happens.

ricks
    We can share rumors via text message though.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    We can share rumors via text message though.
    Relax and have a few beers. When things get a bit more settled and more is known, I let you know. Just be patient. I have to separate the facts from speculation first. Visiting Innovation today on the way to Atlanta will help me to do that.😊

ricks

As we close in on 10,000, how can we arrange for DevilAlumna to post it? Ideas?

ricks

ricks
    Great idea to honour the founder of the feast!

ricks
    Send her a PM. I'll try through another venue but I've been known for crazietalk before .

Boulevard Lemon Ginger Radler

I know this was reviewed recently up-thread, but am enjoying while on vaca on Emerald Island. The lemon and ginger are apparent, very easy-drinking (oh, oh) and refreshing. From ratebeer:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bouleva...radler/254155/

Working on the first of the 6'er I brought down

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Send her a PM. I'll try through another venue but I've been known for crazietalk before .
    I've done my part.

That's a great idea, BTW. (Not mine but ricks68's)

I'm at Innovation now having their cucumbermint saison. Excellent. Wanted to bring dd and fuse some of their lavender honey saison, as they are now bottling! Unfortunately, it won't be so good by the time I make my first delivery to Durham. Mattman will benefit from our trip here, however. Now, if MD will chime in here in time, I will include him in my local delivery.

ricks

I'm at Innovation now having their cucumbermint saison. Excellent. Wanted to bring dd and fuse some of their lavender honey saison, as they are now bottling! Unfortunately, it won't be so good by the time I make my first delivery to Durham. Mattman will benefit from our trip here, however. Now, if MD will chime in here in time, I will include him in my local delivery.

ricks
    I'm in.

Solution: Come to Derm sooner. Just don't bring your purse to the stadium .

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    I know this was reviewed recently up-thread, but am enjoying while on vaca on Emerald Island. The lemon and ginger are apparent, very easy-drinking (oh, oh) and refreshing. From ratebeer:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bouleva...radler/254155/

Working on the first of the 6'er I brought down
    Somehow, I thought you'd like that one.

ricks
    This sounds amazing.
    Forget the HyperLoop for people, we need a HyperLoop for beer.