Page 1331 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 331831123112811321132913301331133213331341138114311831 ... LastLast
Results 26,601 to 26,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Already excited about next month’s virtual pub, to be hosted by the one and only . . . . killerleft!!!

Thanks for hosting, hope you have as much fun as I did!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From last PM:

Rodenbach Caractère Rouge-Brouwerij Rodenbach (Palm NV-SA), Roeselare, Belgium

Local? Kidding, amirite?

Credit-a Belgian theme and a whim
    Style-fruited, oak foeder aged Flanders Red Ale (do I have your attention yet?)
    Format-375 ml corked and caged foil wrapped entry in a plastic ensheathed bottle; shared 3 ways, but not equally divided
    Stemware-small wine glasses
    Appearance-carbonated cranraspberry juice; gorgeous, but small pink head (how about now?)
    Nose-a berry salad, no lettuce, with a berry, vinaigrette dressing
    Mouthfeel-seductive
    Tastes-red berries and cherries, some more red berries and cherries, lemon/lime juice, cider vinegar, tannins, vinous
    Adjuncts-(on the label) "fresh red fruits" (12%): cherries (5%), raspberries (3.5%) and cranberries (3.5%); (if I don't have your attention now...)
    IBU-who cares?
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-two words again: world class ("crowned the World's Best Fruit Beer at the 2016 World Beer Awards")
    Ymm, Beer rating-cat 3.99; Mrs. dd and younger daughter each got about 1.5 oz to taste; Mrs. dd demanded more (and she hates beer except the 3 world class New Glarus fruited lambics) and said, "This is even better than Serendipity." Whoa!! Take the $7 change you get from your Hamilton after buying a pint can of Rodenbach Classic and treat yourself and your spouse or a dear friend to a bottle of this.
    It sounds like you found a great deal. I just saw 1 big bottle of this at Total Wine and it was around $27. I passed. Too spendy for me. Sounds incredible though

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    So, that sour collab between Cascade (Portland, OR) and Burial? Called Chêne Des Fous? Yeah, it’s top notch. High Cat 3. *May* be better (although VERY different) than Bright [Wanker] Tank Top. Great acidity and exquisite balance. Find it if you can.
    You'll be able to compare. I got your 4-pack of Tank Top from Stella along with another 4-pack to share with those who want to try it.

Mine was a 375 ml and was $7 (or maybe $8) at Bottle Rev. My offer still stands.
    Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Already excited about next month’s virtual pub, to be hosted by the one and only . . . . killerleft!!!

Killer!!

Looking forward

I don't think I've ever had any Cascade ales as I've always been deterred by the $30+ price tag for 750 ml . I do have a special occasion in the relatively near future...
    I gifted a Cascade to a friend. With you on cost, never bought one for myself. Definitely read raves about their beer.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You'll be able to compare. I got your 4-pack of Tank Top from Stella along with another 4-pack to share with those who want to try it.
    You Da Man! (Not to be confused with Udaman.)
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Awesome choice!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

It sounds like you found a great deal. I just saw 1 big bottle of this at Total Wine and it was around $27. I passed. Too spendy for me. Sounds incredible though
    For $7-8, I'll gladly put another one in my 4 pack carrier for youze guyz.

Yes please
    Answered above already. Confirmed by your post.

Thanks! I'll do my best to live up to the high bar set by you and your predecessors. Looking over the list of past pubs, it's getting tougher to select a style as time goes by. My favorites have been chosen.

But the reason I enjoy the Ymm, Beer thread is to help me decide what beers I'd like to try. If anyone has a suggestion, post in the thread or PM me. I have a couple ideas, but haven't settled on anything yet.

At any rate, here's to June!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

DNP choice 1 (I.e. first off the bench)

Westmalle Trappist Tripel. 9.5%ABV, 96 on Beeradvocate.

Another Abbey beer, profits go to charities. Westmalle is near Antwerp, and is in the far both-central part of the country. Still Flemish.

Hazy gold, great balance of yeast. Almost creamy.

I know it’s widely-distributed, so easy to scoff — but this is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Thanks! I'll do my best to live up to the high bar set by you and your predecessors. Looking over the list of past pubs, it's getting tougher to select a style as time goes by. My favorites have been chosen.

But the reason I enjoy the Ymm, Beer thread is to help me decide what beers I'd like to try. If anyone has a suggestion, post in the thread or PM me. I have a couple ideas, but haven't settled on anything yet.

I’d say just because a style has been chosen, doesn’t mean it can’t be chosen again.

May not be everyone’s cup of tea/mug of beer, I don’t believe fruit beer has been chosen as a category.

DNP choice 1 (I.e. first off the bench)

Westmalle Trappist Tripel. 9.5%ABV, 96 on Beeradvocate.

Another Abbey beer, profits go to charities. Westmalle is near Antwerp, and is in the far both-central part of the country. Still Flemish.

Hazy gold, great balance of yeast. Almost creamy.

I know it’s widely-distributed, so easy to scoff — but this is the real deal.
    Really pairs well with a couple hundred thousand scoville sauce, too:

4B5BB7C3-5D99-4834-915C-A6D337194CDB.jpg

(On a leftover burger From last night’s grill-fest. Roasted Habanero, claims to be 100k-300k on the Scoville scale although I’m thinking that’s inflated. Still, a really tasty sauce).

I’ll toss out milkshake IPAs. And I’m sure fuse will suggest Baltic porters at some point.

I’ll toss out milkshake IPAs. And I’m sure fuse will suggest Baltic porters at some point.
    I wanted to suggest steam beer, there just are not that many.

As for baltic porters, when its time for that virtual pub, I will call an audible of some kind. 🙄😳🤣

Uh-oh! I just showed Mrs. Killer this post, and she approves of Milkshake IPAs like Pippin in LOTR likes pints!

Pippin: What's that?
    Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.
    Pippin: It comes in pints? I'm getting one!

If it is agreed there are enough milkshake versions to taste, we can make it official. Or even add in fruit beers.

Uh-oh! I just showed Mrs. Killer this post, and she approves of Milkshake IPAs like Pippin in LOTR likes pints!

Pippin: What's that?
    Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.
    Pippin: It comes in pints? I'm getting one!

If it is agreed there are enough milkshake versions to taste, we can make it official. Or even add in fruit beers.
    I think this erstwhile group can find enough milkshakes to make it work.

Prairie Noir

Damn. 13+% of BBA goodness. So black and soooooooo smooooooth. Cat 3 easily. This 12 ounces will not only last to the end of The Match (Mr. Eldrick FTW!), but may survive through the Co-Cola 600.

As a refresher for all, here's the list of prior months/hosts/styles:

July/fuse/NEIPA
    August/RJ199/goses
    September/Tripping William/Octoberfests
    September/mattman91/Saison
    October/DevilDeac/sours
    November/accfanfrom1970/stouts
    December/luburch/Holiday Ale
    January/thedukelamere/Barrel-Aged
    February/thedukelamere/wheats
    March/davec/ipas
    April/Gooch/lagers
    May/OPK/Belgians

Pale ales, brown ales, ambers and porters have not been selected in any round of the Ymm, Beer draft yet. IIRC, Mrs. killerleft likes milkshake IPAs which would be a great choice but it appears that style is fading/tough to find. Another regional beer selection might be any beers from the UK or Germany.