Page 1042 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4254294299210321040104110421043104410521092114215422042 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,840 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Not my area of legal expertise, but I suspect Wasatch may have a fairly decent First Amendment challenge over this, if they wanted to pursue it. "Immodest," "undignified," or "in bad taste" as a legal standard of withholding a governmental benefit? Seems pretty squishy to me.
    I suspect you are on to something, as I believe that every beer label has to pass a federal review board. State law supreme over federal? I guess there are precedents like speed limits and drinking age.

Goose Island announces its Bourbon County stout lineup:

https://www.gooseisland.com/barrel-house-beers/

Today, Goose Island announced the full 2019 Bourbon County Stout lineup and it’s a doozy: there are eight versions, all made in partnership with some of the country’s most respected whiskey makers. The 2019 Bourbon County Stout Original is aged in a mix of Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey barrels. Goose Island has worked with Heaven Hill and Buffalo Trace in previous years but 2019 marks the first time the Chicago brewery has partnered with Wild Turkey.

One of the more notable bottles, the Double Barrel, was first aged in 11-year-old Elijah Craig barrels and then aged in the award-winning 12-year-old Elijah Craig barrels. Goose Island Brewmaster Keith Gabbett said, “The layering of two coveted barrels from the same distillery and the extended aging time allows us to really showcase what’s possible with Bourbon County Stout.”

Then there’s the 2-year Reserve, which spent twice the time as traditional BCS in 11-year-old Knob Creek barrels, giving it an oak-forwarded intensity. The 2019 Reserve Rye Bourbon County Stout, meanwhile, spent time in Rittenhouse Rye barrels and highlights the unique sweetness of Rittenhouse Rye and the barrel-aged maturation of Bourbon County.

The entire 2019 Bourbon County Stout Collection from Goose Island will release on Black Friday at the brewery, with bottles eventually making their way around the country through distribution.

What’s better than Bond Brothers?
    Moar Bond Brothers!!!!
    https://www.wral.com/919-beer-bond-b...lans/18566830/

More on hard seltzer and healthy for you.
    TL;DR less calories.

https://www.gq.com/story/is-white-claw-healthy

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I suspect you are on to something, as I believe that every beer label has to pass a federal review board. State law supreme over federal? I guess there are precedents like speed limits and drinking age.
    Interesting. I would think Lays Potato Chips would suffer from the same issue...(I kid).

It should come as no surprise but the play on polygamy is popular in the Utah local brew scene. Rooster Brewing does a Polygamy Pale Ale that I frankly can't remember. I did get the t-shirt though which I should avoid wearing in North Carolina from the sounds of it...

m_5b4e92ee9539f78c30be3ac8.jpg

If you can't read the top, it says 'I tried the polygamy in Utah'.

NC State now has New Belgium Old Tuffy.

AMB just announced Yosef’s Golden Ale for App State.

When will Duke announce a Fullsteam brewed beer?

Anyone have a readily available go-to NE IPA?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised how good Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA was. Not the best I've ever had but really good.

Very available and about $10/6 pack
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised how good Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA was. Not the best I've ever had but really good.

Very available and about $10/6 pack
    Yeah, I've had that one. It's pretty good, so is New Belgium's Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze.

Goose Island announces its Bourbon County stout lineup:

https://www.gooseisland.com/barrel-house-beers/

Today, Goose Island announced the full 2019 Bourbon County Stout lineup and it’s a doozy: there are eight versions, all made in partnership with some of the country’s most respected whiskey makers. The 2019 Bourbon County Stout Original is aged in a mix of Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey barrels. Goose Island has worked with Heaven Hill and Buffalo Trace in previous years but 2019 marks the first time the Chicago brewery has partnered with Wild Turkey.

One of the more notable bottles, the Double Barrel, was first aged in 11-year-old Elijah Craig barrels and then aged in the award-winning 12-year-old Elijah Craig barrels. Goose Island Brewmaster Keith Gabbett said, “The layering of two coveted barrels from the same distillery and the extended aging time allows us to really showcase what’s possible with Bourbon County Stout.”

Then there’s the 2-year Reserve, which spent twice the time as traditional BCS in 11-year-old Knob Creek barrels, giving it an oak-forwarded intensity. The 2019 Reserve Rye Bourbon County Stout, meanwhile, spent time in Rittenhouse Rye barrels and highlights the unique sweetness of Rittenhouse Rye and the barrel-aged maturation of Bourbon County.

The entire 2019 Bourbon County Stout Collection from Goose Island will release on Black Friday at the brewery, with bottles eventually making their way around the country through distribution.
    I'll talk to the owner of Falls Village Wine and Beer (1.5 miles from our house) who got 5 cases (60 bottles) of Bourbon County Stout (original version only-none of the variants) this spring, several months after its Chicago release and see what/how much he'll get in November and place an order accordingly. Who wants to place an order? His single price was $15 for 500 ml and he discounted the 6er I bought (4 for son and 2 for me) by 10%. If I pre-order a case, he has a 20% discount advertised-we'll see if he'll honor that. I'll post again after I chat with him later this week or next and re-post with some more details.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

What’s better than Bond Brothers?
    Moar Bond Brothers!!!!
    https://www.wral.com/919-beer-bond-b...lans/18566830/
    I thought I had read that in the N&O recently. Thanks for the link and jogging my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Not my area of legal expertise, but I suspect Wasatch may have a fairly decent First Amendment challenge over this, if they wanted to pursue it. "Immodest," "undignified," or "in bad taste" as a legal standard of withholding a governmental benefit? Seems pretty squishy to me.
    Yea, it's not like they're advocating/enforcing/condoning polygamy.

I'd be curious how the Mormons in Utah felt/reacted to this beer's original release and subsequent marketing campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Who wants to place an order?
    I’m in for however many I can get. I liked the original better than the variants, especially for the $$.

NC State now has New Belgium Old Tuffy.

AMB just announced Yosef’s Golden Ale for App State.

When will Duke announce a Fullsteam brewed beer?
    It would *have* to be that blue one you included in a trading session several months ago...

Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA?

(never mind-I see the nimble-fingered tbyers11 beat me to it )

Great minds...

Yeah, I've had that one. It's pretty good, so is New Belgium's Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze.
    I've had several of the Voodoo Ranger series but not that one. If I see it...

How about one of the HiWire brews?

Does Oskar Blues brew a NEIPA?

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’m in for however many I can get. I liked the original better than the variants, especially for the $$.
    I'll post here/text/PM you shortly after I have more info.

I've never had any of the variants but our younger son-in-law has entrusted me with his 2018 orange variant which set him back >$20, IIRC. He realizes now he overpaid but he's in Chicago and city prices are inflated. Makes up for his $10-11 Curieux 750 ml bottles that you own several of, IIRC .

Beer of the night from Saturday:

Willettized Coffee Stout 2018 One Hitter Series-Lagunitas (Heineken) Brewing Company

Their description:

"Our friends over at Kentucky’s own Willett Distillery have one kind of barrel: wood. And they put two things in them: Bourbon and Rye. We were fortunate enough to get some of their Bourbon barrels, and we put our Imperial Stout in them. It’s a chocolatey, coffee-y, smoky, Bourbon-y beast of a barrel-aged thing. Word."

Package: bomber
    Serving size: 4 ounces (*)
    Cost: $11 (no typo), including about 10% Chicago city tax
    Where: at the brewery
    Appearance: "it was a dark and stormy night"
    Head: modest size; creamy; tan
    Aromas: coffee, bourbon, dark chocolate, espresso, booze
    Mouthfeel: as smooth and silky as a JJ 25 footer
    Tastes: dark chocolate, toasted pumpernickel, coffee, warm, bourbon, molasses, dark fruit, wood
    IBU: 32.0 (really? a decimal point?)
    ABV: dangerous; 12.9%
    Overall impression: world class; Cat 3; if I lived nearby, I'd return and buy a half case (or more) of these

(*) the remaining quantity (18 ounces) was apportioned equally in our beer floats. Really. See next post...

Ymm, Dessert

Recipe:

Pour 4 ounces of your favorite imperial stout (can be almost any flavor, with or without barrel-aging) into a tall glass (iced tea or standard pint)

Add a scoop or two of your favorite vanilla ice cream (ours was Breyer's original vanilla)

Add 2 more ounces of the stout-gently as this creation foams like crazy

Add a straw (recyclable, of course ) and an iced tea spoon

Sip/spoon. Savor.

Willettized Coffee Stout 2018 One Hitter Series Beer Float

This was amazing and a huuuuge hit for those participating (total was 3 as Mrs. dd had no interest/palate for this kind of shenanigans ) given the cornucopia of flavors from the beer, including the coffee and bourbon and the richness/creaminess of the ice cream. Decadent.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've had several of the Voodoo Ranger series but not that one. If I see it...

How about one of the HiWire brews?

Does Oskar Blues brew a NEIPA?
    Oh yeah! The Hiwire Hazy & Juicy & Hoppy & Fresh.

I've had one from OB at the brewery a few times, but I've never seen any on the retail market.