Page 2093 of 2093 FirstFirst ... 10931593199320432083209120922093
Results 41,841 to 41,860 of 41860

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #41841
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised with any/all the above scenarios as that's one that has not been a GBS Complete Set exclusive and has likely been available in NC for several years.
    The later year (whichever one it is) was a Stella acquisition.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  2. #41842
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would have been disappointed otherwise!
    Local, too, from Deep River Brewing, Johnston County's first legal brewery, in Clayton, NC
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #41843
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The later year (whichever one it is) was a Stella acquisition.
    I seem to recall you picked up several in Roanoke one year in December shortly after it was released in Richmond.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #41844
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    I keep forgetting this one:

    Memento Mori-Fullsteam Brewery

    From Untappd, a mostly reliable site on the webz:

    "A chewy and decadent breakfast stout featuring Epiphany Bittersweet Chocolate Malt and Smooth Operator Black Wheat, oats, Videri cocoa nibs, and Colombian coffee from Black & White Roasters.

    We extended the boil to caramelize and enhance the taste and mouthfeel, but kept the alcohol and adjuncts in check. The result is a delicious and versatile stout -- the perfect companion for brunch, a late-afternoon fireplace sit, or a food pairing at the dinner table."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #41845
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I seem to recall you picked up several in Roanoke one year in December shortly after it was released in Richmond.
    Very true. I got some from their Cíville location, too, back in December 2018 (before it closed). I *think* this bottle may have been purchased during that trip.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  6. #41846
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I keep forgetting this one:

    Memento Mori-Fullsteam Brewery

    From Untappd, a mostly reliable site on the webz:

    "A chewy and decadent breakfast stout featuring Epiphany Bittersweet Chocolate Malt and Smooth Operator Black Wheat, oats, Videri cocoa nibs, and Colombian coffee from Black & White Roasters.

    We extended the boil to caramelize and enhance the taste and mouthfeel, but kept the alcohol and adjuncts in check. The result is a delicious and versatile stout -- the perfect companion for brunch, a late-afternoon fireplace sit, or a food pairing at the dinner table."
    I liked this beer quite a lot. Thanks again, fuse (assuming you havenít been banned from reading Ymm, Beer).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  7. #41847
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Very true. I got some from their Cíville location, too, back in December 2018 (before it closed). I *think* this bottle may have been purchased during that trip.
    Well, I had the correct state at least but the wrong city.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #41848
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I liked this beer quite a lot. Thanks again, fuse (assuming you havenít been banned from reading Ymm, Beer).
    I don't think that one had anything to do with fake/disreputable twitter accounts.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #41849
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well, I had the correct state at least but the wrong city.
    I think I got some in both cities. Glutton that I am.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  10. #41850
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Official review, whatever that means:

    Memento Mori-Fullsteam Brewery

    Local

    Credit-fuse; thanks!
    Style-flavored imperial stout
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-dark brown and foamy
    Nose-java
    Mouthfeel-a bit thin but smooth
    Tastes-pretty heavy coffee, cacao, burnt caramel
    Adjuncts-wheat, oats, cacao nibs, coffee
    IBU-30
    ABV-8.7%
    Overall impression- a bit strong on the coffee but enough cacao to make me think "latte"
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2, maybe sniffing around cat 3
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #41851
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I think I got some in both cities. Glutton that I am.
    Hey, when in Roanoke...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #41852
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    I've had this in the fridge for a few days and decided to sample tonite.

    From Hardywood:
    https://hardywood.com/beer/peach-tripel/

    I'm sampling now.
    This is such an enjoyable beverage, very smooth and drinkable. Hazy pour, about a two finger head in my 16 ounce mug. Plenty of peach taste.
    IBU is 25 I think.
    .

    Bought ingredients today to brew a Blue Moon knockoff beer, challenged by a friend He doesn't think I can replicate it. I can and will.

    Will be my first brew in a few years, love the challenge!!

    Will save some for a Duke Football tailgate in the fall!

    I and the wife are tuition-free now, so the next I'm in Durham for Fball tailgate I'm brining brew on me
    This should easily qualify for "insight post" but not for the anagram.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  13. #41853
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hey, when in Roanoke...
    This post deserves a star.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  14. #41854
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    This post deserves a star.
    Ha! I had to research that as I thought it might be the local newspaper.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #41855
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #41856
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! I had to research that as I thought it might be the local newspaper.
    Bill Brill (may he RIP) would not be pleased. 😂
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  17. #41857
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Scotch Ale 5000-Flying Machine Brewing Company

    "Caramel, toffee, and a hint of smoke"

    Untappd got it right; no fake news here. More later or in the AM.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #41858
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Bill Brill (may he RIP) would not be pleased. 😂
    Yea, luckily I made that mistake tonight and not when we met him at our tailgate tent a number of years ago.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #41859
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Scotch Ale 5000-Flying Machine Brewing Company

    The eastern end of I40 is local.

    Credit-my card
    Style-ummm
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-standard pint glass
    Appearance-dark amber; light tan/foamy head
    Nose-caramel
    Mouthfeel-easy sipping
    Tastes-dark caramel/toffee, over toasted, dark wheat bread, hints of cherries and smoke
    IBU-"no IBU" but no one will fall for that nonsense so I'll guess 40
    ABV-9.4%, a bit high for the style
    Overall impression-wonderful first beer from this relatively new brewery
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; would drink again; happy to share the other 3 with our son getting one and liking it quite a bit
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #41860
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Scotch Ale 5000-Flying Machine Brewing Company

    The eastern end of I40 is local.

    Credit-my card
    Style-ummm
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-standard pint glass
    Appearance-dark amber; light tan/foamy head
    Nose-caramel
    Mouthfeel-easy sipping
    Tastes-dark caramel/toffee, over toasted, dark wheat bread, hints of cherries and smoke
    IBU-"no IBU" but no one will fall for that nonsense so I'll guess 40
    ABV-9.4%, a bit high for the style
    Overall impression-wonderful first beer from this relatively new brewery
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; would drink again; happy to share the other 3 with our son getting one and liking it quite a bit
    Fourteen lines; one could almost claim that as a "postings hit" but hopefully not an anagram variant, keeping it on topic, of course.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •