Page 2065 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 106515651965201520552063206420652066206720752115 ... LastLast
Results 41,281 to 41,300 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Wrong thread!
    Threads don't matter!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait, it still is on topic as there's beer involved.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Beer is involved dude.
    I see CD beat me to it. That's what I get for the very, very recent beer trip and not mobile posting

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Highlight from yesterday’s sampling at Garden Grove

Conquest Doppelbock

9.3 ABV | 19 IBU-
    Absolute Malt domination. Rosy copper hue, with a khaki rich head. Sweet toffee, dates, maybe raisin. Not heavy and the 9% hidden. Now if they would barrel age it

Nice that they let you build your own 4-pack at Garden Grove, mix and match all 16oz. cans. I got an extra dopplebock and belgian triple to trade. Glenn can attest brewery in a nice walk around shopping area, Carytown. Lots of shops and restaurants.
    Ymmm malty doppelbock

Highlight from yesterday’s sampling at Garden Grove

Conquest Doppelbock

9.3 ABV | 19 IBU-
    Absolute Malt domination. Rosy copper hue, with a khaki rich head. Sweet toffee, dates, maybe raisin. Not heavy and the 9% hidden. Now if they would barrel age it

Nice that they let you build your own 4-pack at Garden Grove, mix and match all 16oz. cans. I got an extra dopplebock and belgian triple to trade. Glenn can attest brewery in a nice walk around shopping area, Carytown. Lots of shops and restaurants.
    Hmm, we'll have to visit that area on our next RVA trip.

Beer sounds great, too.

2nd highlight from Garden Grove

War - Belgian tripel

9.3% ABV | 30 IBU-

Golden Straw in color, imbued with maltiness and a nose demanding notice of it's spice and fruitiness. Medium in body and true to style, one that shall ride in flames!

They definitely have a theme with names- War, Conquest, Domination, from a few years ago Death.
    Hardywood also has a theme with Ruse, Trickery and Fooldery. Well, something else is similarly themed...

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Thanks ClemmonsDevil for a super-fun lunch and lots of Ghost in the Machine! If you post much on Ymm Beer and want to try a Ghost in the Machine from Louisiana, chances are one of them has your name on it.

As promised, we started in the am, but Ghost is next in the queue and review will follow
    yep, really interested to read other impressions about this beer.

Thanks man! It was fun to hang out! Give the Beer godess my love and let's do a 336 group outing at Incendiary soon. And Boulevard Tank 7 is in my personal top 10.
    Absolutely. Incendiary with great company and Cugino Forno will quickly attract me, beergoddess, Mattman91, amusedcupcake, Tripping William, and possibly even some others from the 919 who have been quite impressed with Incendiary.

Thanks man! It was fun to hang out! Give the Beer godess my love and let's do a 336 group outing at Incendiary soon. And Boulevard Tank 7 is in my personal top 10.
    Hmmm, we'll have to get CD to try some of Haw River's saisons.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Official list now:

Raspberry Tart
    Belgian Red
    Serendipity
    Tripel 5
    You also got Serendipity and New Glarus's Triple 5. Nrrrrvous gonna be happy. richardjackson199 and beergoddess are happy.

From Untappd on the Triple 5 -

Triple 5 celebrates the divine confluence of 5 unique grains. Barley, white wheat, oats, brown rice and heirloom Midwestern corn each lend attributes that collectively create greatness. A strong 9% ABV originated at 20 degrees Plato. This Belgian style Triple celebrates its golden blonde heritage by retaining that luscious natural hue. Double decoction and experimental organic hops elevate spicy notes balancing fruity caramel tones. The addition of Belgian Candi sugar is the traditional bottle fermentation method. Strength in unity reflected here.

We knew you would find a way. Thanks!
    And domestic tranquility has been preserved, too.

Haha you're a badass. I didn't notice as we were socially distanced on the patio on a gorgeous spring morning.

No push-ups here. But I did get my morning 7 mile run around Salem Lake in. Those who know me will be shocked this was done before 11 am. But I certainly wasn't doing that after a Diablo Burger and beer.
    Smart move.

For Next Month's challenge we'll also do 100 push-ups a day. But every time you rest between sets you have to chug a beer until you get to 100. It will encourage more push-ups each set, and those last few could get interesting.
    100 pushups and beers on the wall, 100 pushups and beer...

You also got Serendipity and New Glarus's Triple 5. Nrrrrvous gonna be happy. richardjackson199 and beergoddess are happy.

From Untappd on the Triple 5 -

Triple 5 celebrates the divine confluence of 5 unique grains. Barley, white wheat, oats, brown rice and heirloom Midwestern corn each lend attributes that collectively create greatness. A strong 9% ABV originated at 20 degrees Plato. This Belgian style Triple celebrates its golden blonde heritage by retaining that luscious natural hue. Double decoction and experimental organic hops elevate spicy notes balancing fruity caramel tones. The addition of Belgian Candi sugar is the traditional bottle fermentation method. Strength in unity reflected here.
    Could not resist putting that case of Tripel 5 in the cart. I chose that over Cabin Fever, their spring/Maibock.

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo

How about you, you, you

Hmmm, we'll have to get CD to try some of Haw River's saisons.
    He mentioned Saisons with our breakfast. Saisons are one of his favorite styles. Haw River will definitely be in his next trader (along with a brown ale or two, another CD favorite).
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 04-17-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Could not resist putting that case of Tripel 5 in the cart. I chose that over Cabin Fever, their spring/Maibock.
    that one sounds good too, but you chose wisely

Countermoves - Incendairy - 6.4 % - American IPA with Galaxy and Citra

This was a nice change of pace from the hazies, as it had more of a West Coast feel. Best enjoyed in West Coast weather, and it might as well have been. Gorgeous patio beer at Hops Burger bar (highly recommended if you're in Winston). Golden clear yellow with a piney aroma. Nice medium to full feel. Plenty of pine bitterness balanced well with some grapefruit, but very pleasant. More of a sipper, but thoroughly drinkable and refreshing.

It's not just for breakfast any more.

Category 2. Well done Incendiary.

Ghost in the Machine - Parish Brewing - 100 IBU (No Way) - 8.5 % (Way - but completely hidden) - DNEIPA

"Brewed with obscene quantities of hand-selected Citra hops from our favorite farm in Yakima Valley, WA"

Mine was still plenty fresh to give a fair rating.

When I first looked at the beer in the brown, unopened bottle, I thought maybe the beer had tipped over in my car and fizzed through the whole bottle. Nope, it's supposed to look that way - it's just that hazy.

It's a gorgeous beer in the glass. Glowing Maize-colored Haze. Thin white, lacy head clings to the glass. The aroma steals the show. Fresh-ruby red grapefruit from Texas or Indian River Florida and tropical Hops. Creamy, juicy mouthfeel melts in your mouth. Soft carbonation, but certainly enough.

I don't get much bitterness. The taste follows the nose - grapefruits, oranges, grassy, with a hint of pineapple on the finish.

Mid Category 3 in a very tough category.

Thanks ClemmonsDevil!
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 04-17-2021 at 02:56 PM.

first dinner at a friend's house in 15 months will require a visit to a great walk-in cooler en route, haven't been this excited since Lindy crossed the Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    first dinner at a friend's house in 15 months will require a visit to a great walk-in cooler en route, haven't been this excited since Lindy crossed the Atlantic.
    Maybe worth a visit to The Alchemist?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."