Page 1806 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 806130617061756179618041805180618071808181618561906 ... LastLast
Results 36,101 to 36,120 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    DinK does sound well-connected but I'm not sure her influence reaches quite that far. Never know...
    Maybe I should email him! Who knows - he may say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Maybe I should email him! Who knows - he may say yes.
    Wait, you have his email? That's a high honor/connection itself.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Wegmans has the BBA GBS for $11!!
    Grocery store beer!!

Great price! Beer pricing in RVA for the Hardywood offerings does not appear to have the travel mark-up that it has in NC.
    That does sound perfect to try next! Hmm, shall I saddle up the ol' 4-wheel-drive sleigh and risk the 4" of frozen precipitation to get to Wegman's today? Probably not, but I'll put it on my to-do list come the Spring (Tuesday) melt.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Wegmans has the BBA GBS for $11!!
    That's about as amazing as finding 4 packs of 12 ounce cans of Foothills Coffee-Infused BBA Sexual Chocolate at the Raleigh Wegmans for $11.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    That does sound perfect to try next! Hmm, shall I saddle up the ol' 4-wheel-drive sleigh and risk the 4" of frozen precipitation to get to Wegman's today? Probably not, but I'll put it on my to-do list come the Spring (Tuesday) melt.
    Wait, spring arrives in your zip code on Tuesday? Send some our way. We received a dusting of snow overnight but now it's 34 and raining and hopefully the temps will not drop below freezing late today/early tomorrow and turn the rain to sleet/ice/snow.

Wait, spring arrives in your zip code on Tuesday? Send some our way. We received a dusting of snow overnight but now it's 34 and raining and hopefully the temps will not drop below freezing late today/early tomorrow and turn the rain to sleet/ice/snow.
    That was more of a joke that our snows don't last long around here. I wish Spring would be here on Tuesday. I'm done with Winter this year.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Great find!! I still have trouble telling those 2 bad boyz apart.
    In-game it's easy: Tyus is the one that can shoot; Tre is the one that can defend.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

From Beyond - Oxbow Brewing Co

A blend of spontaneous and mixed-fermentation farmhouse ales aged in Cognac and Pinot Noir puncheons. A collab between Oxbow and Holy Mountain in Seattle.

6% ABV

Only local to some far Nor'easterners.

Received in trade from Richardjackson! Thanks again!

Deliciously tart! Light and refreshing. Lemonheads? Green Apple? Just a little earthiness from the barrels. Can definitely get some light grapes! Perfect just after our long walk yesterday afternoon.

Quite a bit of "bite" up front, mellows out at the end. As it warms the bite abates a bit.

Definitely recommend. Low 3 range? Thanks again RJ!

A blend of spontaneous and mixed-fermentation farmhouse ales aged in Cognac and Pinot Noir puncheons. A collab between Oxbow and Holy Mountain in Seattle.

6% ABV

Deliciously tart! Light and refreshing. Lemonheads? Green Apple? Just a little earthiness from the barrels. Can definitely get some light grapes! Perfect just after our long walk yesterday afternoon.

Quite a bit of "bite" up front, mellows out at the end. As it warms the bite abates a bit.

I know you like your sours, so was trying to get you something from beyond. Glad you enjoyed!

I'm impressed with your ability to finish exercise and log into zoom so close to its start.

After shoveling some snow, I’m taking my queue from RJ and opening the Rum Barrel Aged Frosty GBS. Seems like the perfect weather for it. Based on the rum on the nose and the delicious first sip, I’ll be napping in no time

From the distant past:

From 4/28/16:

From this weekend:

The Abyss (2015)-Deschutes Brewery

Well, it is after 12/08/16 .

The 11 bombers became 5 in May as fuse, our son and he who shall not be named each got 2. Now there are 4.

Aromas and tastes are pretty similar to the initial review with a little bit of licorice in the finish and perhaps a bit more bourbon than the first bottle. This is amazingly smooth from start to finish, night 1 to night 2 this time. I think it's time for our son and he who shall not be named to taste their first bottles...
    Always interesting to look at an early tasting of an aged/aging beer.

That was more of a joke that our snows don't last long around here. I wish Spring would be here on Tuesday. I'm done with Winter this year.
    Oh, I figured it was a joke.

We did have a few patches of snow from last weekend that lingered all week in the shaded areas of our yard as the temperatures didn't get much above 40 all week.

Oops, a weather report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    In-game it's easy: Tyus is the one that can shoot; Tre is the one that can defend.
    As you've sent/posted before (IOW, quoting myself): "truth."

6% ABV

Don't see many Oxbow brews in my/our area. Sounds like a great find by RJ199.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I know you like your sours, so was trying to get you something from beyond. Glad you enjoyed!

I'm impressed with your ability to finish exercise and log into zoom so close to its start.
    As personally sent to me yesterday by the above poster: "I try to buy only beers I believe will be good."

(or something like that; please correct if I didn't quote you perfectly)

After shoveling some snow, I’m taking my queue from RJ and opening the Rum Barrel Aged Frosty GBS. Seems like the perfect weather for it. Based on the rum on the nose and the delicious first sip, I’ll be napping in no time
    Oooh, another weather report/related activity/activities.

I already took a nap this AM.

RJ might want his queue back.

New Glarus and RVA dots 4 and 5 connected yesterday between members of the 919 and the 336 with one intra 336 sub-mule-ing connection that needs to be made (are you reading T-dub?) to complete that mini loops. The final 919 dots need to be connected next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    RJ might want his queue back.
    Somewhere recently I read about RJ199 and this beer. Where might that have been?

New Glarus and RVA dots 4 and 5 connected yesterday between members of the 919 and the 336 with one intra 336 sub-mule-ing connection that needs to be made (are you reading T-dub?) to complete that mini loops. The final 919 dots need to be connected next.
    Gotcha. Enjoy! Those two SoPines high gravity cans are terrific.