Page 922 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 422822872912920921922923924932972102214221922 ... LastLast
Results 18,421 to 18,440 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    XXIX is a really interesting beer.
    Intriguing because I've found another several brews that combined cinnamon and/or nutmeg with chilies or cayenne that were not "fire-breathing" beers. Vertical Epic 11-11-11, Xocoveza, Canis Mexicanus, Edge of a Dream and Roadside Prophet (reviewed Thursday night here) come readily to mind.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Intriguing because I've found another several brews that combined cinnamon and/or nutmeg with chilies or cayenne that were not "fire-breathing" beers. Vertical Epic 11-11-11, Xocoveza, Canis Mexicanus, Edge of a Dream and Roadside Prophet (reviewed Thursday night here) come readily to mind.
    See, peppers aren’t all bad.

I’m really looking forward to the Charred Xocoveza.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Think they'll be releasing Steak Knives this year?
    Website says retired so I think I missed my opportunity for that one.

[QUOTE=devildeac;1115618]You just saved fuse and me trips around the area and lotsa $$ looking for this one. Thanks! Kinda reminds me of that old michelob barrel-aged swill from a few years back.

Yeah, don’t waste your time on the Budweiser. If you can find the Guinness BBA it’s worth the trip. Total wine here is out of it. Haven’t seen the Yuengling BBA anywhere.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...mpression=true

No one won the Goose Island challenge for free beer for a year.
    Some funny video snippets.

NFL Playoffs of Beer

I totally forgot about this until today.

LA vs. New England: If it’s all of NE (including Vermont and Maine and NEIPA’s), I take the Pats here (even though I want them to lose from a football standpoint).

NOLa vs. Philly: Give me Nawlins, whose beer scene is growing beyond Abita.

KC and LA await the winners, even though I’m guessing Indy beer outstrips Boulevard and whatever else KC is brewing these days.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...mpression=true

No one won the Goose Island challenge for free beer for a year.
    Some funny video snippets.
    Amusing stuff.

Cold rainy day, tired of being in the house. So, a trip to Hardywood to see what they have left from the gbs inventory. A flight of the Port gbs, Rye gbs, Mega gbs and the Caliente gbs. The Mega and Port are set only I believe. I hadn’t tried the Rye. And frankly, the Caliente scared me. Reviews to follow. Definetly warmed up a cold day.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Cold rainy day, tired of being in the house. So, a trip to Hardywood to see what they have left from the gbs inventory. A flight of the Port gbs, Rye gbs, Mega gbs and the Caliente gbs. The Mega and Port are set only I believe. I hadn’t tried the Rye. And frankly, the Caliente scared me. Reviews to follow. Definetly warmed up a cold day.
    Finally, someone taking Tripping William's "challenge" and getting down to some sampling and reviews, unlike the rest of us slackers.

That is a great sounding flight.

1st up -Port GBS 10.6%
    Dropped from the gbs set, draft only. Tastes mostly like the regular gbs. Smooth, but no big difference making spice or flavor.

2nd - Rye GBS
    Dark brown pour like all of the gbs, a heavier feel. Spicer than the Port, different mouth feel than the bourbon barrel gbs, but smooth and tasty. I brought a bottle to take home so the one in the set can sit and age. Also 10.6% and 55 ibu’s.

3rd -Mega GBS
    Not barrel aged. The regular gbs with cinnamon and vanilla added. This is in the set and was a nice break from the barrel. Smooth, a bit more complex with the additions, and not boozy like the barrel versions. 10.5%.

4th - Caliente GBS 9.2%
    Sweet and spicy is how it’s advertised, and that’s pretty accurate. I have not had any pepper added beers before, so I was quite apprehensive. But I liked this. Up front is the ginger and cinnamon, the peppers are after. For some reason I wanted food with this, and immediately went to pulled pork. It was good enough I bought another to take home.

So I left with a bottle of the bourbon BBA GBS to replace the celebratory one I finished post game yesterday, a Rye gbs, and a Caliente gbs. Also picked up a rum barrel aged pumpkin ale on a whim.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 01-13-2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    1st up -Port GBS 10.6%
    Dropped from the gbs set, draft only. Tastes mostly like the regular gbs. Smooth, but no big difference making spice or flavor.

2nd - Rye GBS
    Dark brown pour like all of the gbs, a heavier feel. Spicer than the Port, different mouth feel than the bourbon barrel gbs, but smooth and tasty. I brought a bottle to take home so the one in the set can sit and age. Also 10.6% and 55 ibu’s.

3rd -Mega GBS
    Not barrel aged. The regular gbs with cinnamon and vanilla added. This is in the set and was a nice break from the barrel. Smooth, a bit more complex with the additions, and not boozy like the barrel versions. 10.5%.

4th - Caliente GBS 9.2%
    Sweet and spicy is how it’s advertised, and that’s pretty accurate. I have not had any pepper added beers before, so I was quite apprehensive. But I liked this. Up front is the ginger and cinnamon, the peppers are after. For some reason I wanted food with this, and immediately went to pulled pork. It was good enough I bought another to take home.

So I left with a bottle of the bourbon BBA GBS to replace the celebratory one I finished post game yesterday, a Rye gbs, and a Caliente gbs. Also picked up a rum barrel aged pumpkin ale on a whim.
    Highly impressive tasting. A couple surprises for me to read are the lack of red wine tastes in the Port GBS and the minimal heat in the Caliente GBS. Not so sad to miss the Port version based your post but really anticipating its replacement, the Rum GBS, IIRC. Also, looking forward to sampling the Caliente.

https://www.hopculture.com/trends-cr...industry-2019/

I don’t see anything new or revelatory in this 2019 trends list.

Someone have a really good beer for me.
    What a crazy half.

Nice read on Indiana’s second largest brewery, Sun King: https://www.ibj.com/articles/71995-s...t-smart-growth

Someone have a really good beer for me.
    What a crazy half.
    I can tell from how this loss tastes that no one had a beer on my behalf 🙄

I can tell from how this loss tastes that no one had a beer on my behalf 🙄
    Needed sour and bitter beers for that show.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Nice read on Indiana’s second largest brewery, Sun King: https://www.ibj.com/articles/71995-s...t-smart-growth
    That was a good read. Thanks for sharing. Brought back very pleasant memories from our visit Thanksgiving weekend, 2017.

I went 0-7 on my beer tastings last PM. Maybe I should have kept shooting, err, sampling.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Speaking of Indiana breweries, I got two Carson Brewing beers in my Craft Beer Club package this month. One is a brown ale, the other a pale ale.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Speaking of Indiana breweries, I got two Carson Brewing beers in my Craft Beer Club package this month. One is a brown ale, the other a pale ale.
    Evansville!

Believe I've only had three of their selection: Harlot, Fugitive, and Blue Siren. All enjoyable.