Page 1597 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 5971097149715471587159515961597
Results 31,921 to 31,937 of 31937

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #31921
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed

  2. https://images.app.goo.gl/YeN4mxZ6wibfyD5YA

    I absolutely have one of these.

  3. #31923
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    I almost added that to my list, but realized I had already purchased 12 liters of beer and I'm not Czech.
    Czech? Mate.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #31924
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    If you're going based on name, you can't get much more German than Kollaborationsbiermittschechischemhopfenundwilderb akterienhefekombination

    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24018/142160/
    One of the few things I remember about 3 years of German at Duke is how the German language is so adept at stringing so many letters together to construct their words.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #31925
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Apfelstrudel Doppelbock-Brouwerij het Uiltje

    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/33873/307417/

    No cooking required.

    Plus, it looks/sounds German.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #31926
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Apologies in breaking the German theme. Wanted to share a few more of the drinks I had from last weekend.

    Found a spot that's 5-10 minutes from our place. Fair Isle. They specialize in saisons and farmhouse ales. Appreciate a brewery taking this route when it seems everyone is (still) focused on IPAs.

    Madame R Galle
    Fair Isle Brewing
    Farmhouse Ale
    6.2% ABV
    Inspired by saisons in the Wallonian region along the border of Belgium and France. Madame is a dry saison brewed with barley and wheat from Skagit Valley, setting a stage for our house yeast culture to thrive and produce notes of meyer lemon, apricots followed by a soft bitterness from German hops.

    In the 1970's a mail-order begonia shop occupied the space that is now our tasting room. During demolition, we uncovered a mailbox containing correspondence with a nursery in Belgium inquiring about their order of Madame R. Galle begonias.


    My first choice as the description claimed it was their house beer. Dry. The flavor hits up front and I was really expecting something to come through on the backend, but it never developed. A little one note, but still enjoyable.


    Eugene
    Fair Isle Brewing
    Farmhouse Ale
    7.5% ABV
    Eugene is a saison brewed with Mandarina Bavaria hops, fermented with second-use Mosaic from Bobbi and dry hopped with loads of Citra.

    Dank, with notes of grapefruit, mango and bursts of tropical citrus, Eugene blurs the line between hazy IPAs and saisons


    I was talked into this one by the beertender. Was released just last week. It has a hint of hazy IPA to it, but the traditional saison characteristics win out. Grapefruit is the most prominent flavor.

  7. #31927
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Apologies in breaking the German theme. Wanted to share a few more of the drinks I had from last weekend.

    Found a spot that's 5-10 minutes from our place. Fair Isle. They specialize in saisons and farmhouse ales. Appreciate a brewery taking this route when it seems everyone is (still) focused on IPAs.

    Madame R Galle
    Fair Isle Brewing
    Farmhouse Ale
    6.2% ABV
    Inspired by saisons in the Wallonian region along the border of Belgium and France. Madame is a dry saison brewed with barley and wheat from Skagit Valley, setting a stage for our house yeast culture to thrive and produce notes of meyer lemon, apricots followed by a soft bitterness from German hops.

    In the 1970's a mail-order begonia shop occupied the space that is now our tasting room. During demolition, we uncovered a mailbox containing correspondence with a nursery in Belgium inquiring about their order of Madame R. Galle begonias.


    My first choice as the description claimed it was their house beer. Dry. The flavor hits up front and I was really expecting something to come through on the backend, but it never developed. A little one note, but still enjoyable.


    Eugene
    Fair Isle Brewing
    Farmhouse Ale
    7.5% ABV
    Eugene is a saison brewed with Mandarina Bavaria hops, fermented with second-use Mosaic from Bobbi and dry hopped with loads of Citra.

    Dank, with notes of grapefruit, mango and bursts of tropical citrus, Eugene blurs the line between hazy IPAs and saisons


    I was talked into this one by the beertender. Was released just last week. It has a hint of hazy IPA to it, but the traditional saison characteristics win out. Grapefruit is the most prominent flavor.
    No apology needed. Always like reading about farmhouse ales/saisons. They sound wonderful; especially with no sugar added and no baking required.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #31928
    I was very, very bad at Total Wine this morning.

    Or is that very good?

    German beers chilling, surprised at limited stock.

  9. #31929
    9/26 German theme virtual pub

    4:30pm ET

    Zoom id: 956 4654 5122

    Password - no umlauts required.
    Finish the jingle:
    Tonight, let it be ...

    First letter capitalized.

    If its not obvious enough, I値l post it downthread.

  10. #31930
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    9/26 German theme virtual pub

    4:30pm ET

    Zoom id: 956 4654 5122

    Password - no umlauts required.
    Finish the jingle:
    Tonight, let it be ...

    First letter capitalized.

    If its not obvious enough, I値l post it downthread.
    I'm sending my regrets in advance, but expect that my alter ego will appear on my behalf . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  11. #31931
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    9/26 German theme virtual pub

    4:30pm ET

    Zoom id: 956 4654 5122

    Password - no umlauts required.
    Finish the jingle:
    Tonight, let it be ...

    First letter capitalized.

    If its not obvious enough, I値l post it downthread.
    I guess I'll need to figure out the jingle now. Doesn't sound complicated from memory.

  12. #31932
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I'm sending my regrets in advance, but expect that my alter ego will appear on my behalf . . . . .
    See, THIS is why I know you don't really exist.

  13. #31933
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I'm sending my regrets in advance, but expect that my alter ego will appear on my behalf . . . . .
    Confirmed, but I will not drink twice as much bier...

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #31934
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    LOWENBRAU

    (G)
    Here痴 to good friends, tonight is kinda special,

    (C). . . . . . . .(Am)
    the beer we値l pour,

    (G). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(Em)
    must say something more, some-how,

    (D) . . . . . . . .(D7)
    so to-night, to-night

    (G)
    let it be Lowenbrau.



    I know what my next song on the set list is!
    Reposting for what I hope are obvious reasons.

  15. #31935
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Reposting for what I hope are obvious reasons.
    D'oh!!

    Could've easily been lederhosen, too, but the possible imagery is too vivid for that.

    Or Gummibears, originally from Germany, IIRC. Oh, wait, that's candy; we're talking adult beverages.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #31936
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    9/26 German theme virtual pub

    4:30pm ET

    Zoom id: 956 4654 5122

    Password - no umlauts required.
    Finish the jingle:
    Tonight, let it be ...

    First letter capitalized.

    If its not obvious enough, I値l post it downthread.
    It has been an insane week around the Nrrrrvous household but I'm still holding out hope that I can be there!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  17. #31937
    Just dawned on me that the Duke - UVa game starts at 4pm.

    I won稚 be watching, and I expect after 30 minutes there could be a line at the virtual pub jostling for position to get another 9% dopplebock to quench the flames of lamentation.

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 09-20-2020, 08:52 PM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 09:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •