Page 1351 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 351851125113011341134913501351135213531361140114511851 ... LastLast
Results 27,001 to 27,020 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    No but can't wait to hear what T-Will thinks. I love boysenberry too; will look for that one.
    Think I have had Chosen Vehicle, but long ago. Just bought Thrilling Daydreams. Haven’t had New Eyes.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ok, anyone ever tasted/reviewed a beer from Estonia before?

Well, thanks to RJ199, here's my first:

Öö-Põhjala Brewing (I guess)

Local? Attachment 10856

Credit-RJ199 and his gal Stella, who he "shares" with Tripping William ()
    Style-Baltic porter; a favorite of fuse
    Format-11.2 ounces
    Stemware-Stella snifter (there's *that* gal again)
    Pour-"as dark as the Estonian winter nights" with a thin, tan head
    Nostril ticklers-molasses, licorice, black walnuts
    Mouthfeel-pretty smooth
    Tastes-wet, black walnuts; licorice; charred, wet wood; molasses; black gravy?
    Contents-barley (no, it really says that on their website)
    IBU-(shrugs); maybe 40
    ABV-10.5%; punches more like 13-14%
    Overall impression-unusual beer, as expected; rather enjoyable in a strange, different tasty way
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2; strangely enough, I liked this a fair amount and would buy other beers by this brewery who has some "strange brews"

https://shop.pohjalabeer.com/en/c/specials

C'mon, look at some of those names, with some ABV at 14-17%
    Glad you enjoyed! I completely agree - it was strong category 2 for me too. Roasty, different, and rather enjoyable. Thanks for the edjumacation on baltic porters.

Count me in. Southern Pines is legit with their dessert beers. And I'm always a sucker for a good pie. Maybe I can pie bet devildeac for your last one to trade.

How did Homeboy shoot in his major? More importantly hope y'all had a great time!
    Good, good time. (Oh no, not again!)

Mediocre play.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Question of the evening:

Rinsing your glass between beers:
    Always/Sometimes/Never/Under what conditions?
    The only time I rinsed my glass was at a beer festival.

I like to drink 2 of the same beer to fully appreciate nuance if I have a great first impression. In that case I just use the same glass.

If I'm changing to a different beer I just get a different glass. I guess I trust the dishwasher too much. Are y'all suggesting that I shouldn't be eating cereal out of the same bowl I use to feed a thawed, bloody frozen mouse to my Sinaloan milksnake Pedro because the dishwasher doesn't always do it's job? Now I kinda wish I had some more OCD.

I like to drink 2 of the same beer to fully appreciate nuance if I have a great first impression. In that case I just use the same glass.

If I'm changing to a different beer I just get a different glass. I guess I trust the dishwasher too much. Are y'all suggesting that I shouldn't be eating cereal out of the same bowl I use to feed a thawed, bloody frozen mouse to my Sinaloan milksnake Pedro because the dishwasher doesn't always do it's job? Now I kinda wish I had some more OCD.
    I had to consult the interwebs to learn what a Sinaloan milk snake looked like. Looks way too much like a coral snake for my comfort.

Hot, spicy, and glitter. I'm in.

I'll never forget flying back to college after an all-nighter last night from my first trip to Vegas. I immediately told my friends, it was incredible! One of my friends said, "Jackson you still have glitter on you. We're going!" And that day, we all booked their first trip out there staying at a Hampton Inn on Tropicana Ave for $29/night. But I'm all grown up now.

Speaking of spicy, from last night -

Dead Man Suit and Thai - Southern Pines Brewing Company - Stout - 12.1 % ABV (and I felt it), 73 IBU - "Asian-Mexican fusion pastry stout... conditioned on Thai peppers, coconut, cacao, and cinnamon."

This beer was low Category 3 for me. I really enjoyed it - thanks Devildeac! But it would definitely be Category 1 for fuse and many others. This beer is spicy as all hell. I can handle it because I'm from the OPK school of Ymm spicy insanity sauces. (Manhood is measured in Scoville units, right? Really, I'm all grown up now.) But the heat is not subtle for this pepper beer.

The aroma was amazing - high quality decadent chocolate. Why does chocolate smell and taste so much better to me in a stout that an actual chocolate dessert? I never order a chocolate cake or dessert at a restaurant.

The beer had a thick, creamy, mouthfeel where the coating chocolate actually helps balance out the high heat.

This beer is very well done, but you gotta love hot as hell balancing a nice sweet start to finish. Nice coconut and cinnamon notes. The heat is really a little too much, but it's so well-made I definitely could enjoy all the other flavors start to finish. The ABV is dangerously well-hidden and this tasty beer goes down quickly.

Fun beer! Thanks DD. Did your try this thing? If you didn't, don't. It will be too hot for you. OPK and rsvman would enjoy.

(Now to go hunt down that disco/inferno lager)...
    You're most welcome! Glad you liked it.

I had the first can. You got the second can cuz I thought you'd enjoy it much, much more than I did. Plus, you responded to my offer to trade here faster than Tripping William did . I let mine warm a bit before my first sip and rapidly realized I was NOT going to finish it unless it was chilled. It drank like about 15% to me, too, but that didn't bother me. The Bottle Rev owner told me the Southern Pines rep told him it was *labeled* at 12.3% but was really >15% and, at that number, it ain't getting sold in the Old North State.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    WMB haul from WMB:

Crowlers of Thrilling Daydreams DIPA (on recommendation from dd (!)) and Eternal Extraction BBA Quad; and

Four-baggers of Dance in the Sun Kölsch, Full Current gose, and my namesake NEIPA.

Reviews to follow. But it’s damn hot outside.
    Quite the spectrum you purchased. I'd bet that gose would be very thirst-quenching if sipped on your porch or in your backyard.

Another “I’m not going to post details, you may want to look for yourself.”

There are assertions being made public about the owners of Bida Manda and Brewery Bhavana that if proven to be true, make it morally impossible to consider future purchases.

Will be keeping a close eye on outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks, will look for it! I like a good habeñero IPA so this sounds tasty.
    Doubt you'll find that in your zip code unless Southern Pines Brewery has made it through SC.

Oooh, sounds tasty.

Oh, wait, you posted milksnake. Sorry, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Another “I’m not going to post details, you may want to look for yourself.”

There are assertions being made public about the owners of Bida Manda and Brewery Bhavana that if proven to be true, make it morally impossible to consider future purchases.

Will be keeping a close eye on outcomes.
    Hmmm, haven't looked yet but will search a bit tonight after a walk, dinner and a cold pint or two.

Quite the spectrum you purchased. I'd bet that gose would be very thirst-quenching if sipped on your porch or in your backyard.
    While grilling, yes. Pours a hazy orange with a tinge of brown and pink. Kinda salmon colored, actually. Really good pucker to it, and a hint of salt. Cranberry, plum, and apricot. Really well balanced. Extremely high Cat 2. 5% ABV and 8 IBU. A refreshing porch-pounder.

Life is short, wear tropical shirts.

Marc Lampe

Thanks, will look for it! I like a good habeñero IPA so this sounds tasty.
    If that’s the case, Ballast Point Sculpin Habañero is highly recommended. Just be sure to drink it cold.

Life is short, drink Tropical Shirts.

Marc Lampe
    FIFY.

FIFY.
    Ha! I thought about changing it but posted the quote as it was printed on the label. I like yours better.

Tropical Shirts-Wise Man Brewing

Local? Yep!

Credit-RJ199 and the beergoddess; thanks!!
    Style-flavored Berliner Weisse
    Format-half a quart stuffed into an aluminum cylinder
    Canned on-05/06/2020 L1 15:19
    Stemware-Hardywood GBS Complete Set Teku
    Appearance-098e58b2c4caaa1debcd8f27836b5e52_640x640.jpg; a gorgeous pour
    Scents-berries and limes
    Mouthfeel-lightly puckery
    Tastes-slightly sweet berry juice; generous squeeze of lime
    Adjuncts-blackberries and raspberries
    IBU-7; yes, 7; sour, not bitter
    ABV-4.2%
    Overall impression-a flavorful, refreshing summer after dinner beer; liquid berries
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; I'd sip another, and another; never had a German Berliner Weisse but I can't imagine much difference

I lied. Post corrected with the bolded:

Lemme help you a bit more here:

Thrilling Daydreams (mini growler)-WMB, no, wait, Wise Man Brewing

Local? We lived there 4 years so it's still local!

Credit-my keen eyes noting Bottle Rev's featured brewery on Wednesday
    Style-double NEIPA
    Package-mini growler divided over two nights
    Stemware-if it's from Winston-Salem, there's a really good chance it gets poured into a Stella snifter
    Appearance-mildly cloudy orange amber with a moderate, foamy head
    Nose-tangerine and cantaloupe
    Mouthfeel-slightly thick
    Tastes-there's that cantaloupe again with some more tangerine, orange and a splash of pineapple and grapefruit; some zest at the end
    Hops-Citra, Mosaic and Sultana (last one is new to me); a wonderful mélange
    IBU-91 (no. way.)
    ABV-7.7%; about perfect
    Overall impression-another outstanding creation from WMB
    Ymm, Beer rating-low, maybe mid cat 3; this was such a pleasing ale to sip over 30-45 minutes with our Italian sub/hero/hoagie/grinder tonight; find one!
    Apologies to RJ199 as I originally credited him with a pint can delivery. No problem hopefully as he still gets credit for a lot of stuff.

If that’s the case, Ballast Point Sculpin Habañero is highly recommended. Just be sure to drink it cold.
    That’s my point of reference, it’s my kind of beer.

Shared a growler of milkshake IPA with friends tonight to get in the June mood — it just may not be my thing. But will try a few more before the feeling sets.

(FTR: Southern Tier Vanilla Whipp. I know it rates high at 90 on Beeeradvocate, but damn — vanilla extract in vodka would be about the same. And not in a good way. I may be toting Lambics — but I’ll be there.)

That’s my point of reference, it’s my kind of beer.

Shared a growler of milkshake IPA with friends tonight to get in the June mood — it just may not be my thing. But will try a few more before the feeling sets.

(FTR: Southern Tier Vanilla Whipp. I know it rates high at 90 on Beeeradvocate, but damn — vanilla extract in vodka would be about the same. And not in a good way. I may be toting Lambics — but I’ll be there.)
    Southern Tier does make some extreme beers, Creme Brulee in particular. A 12 ounce bottle is wonderful if shared 3 or 4 ways for a dessert beer or at a tailgate.