Page 1266 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 266766116612161256126412651266126712681276131613661766 ... LastLast
Results 25,301 to 25,320 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’ve been assured by numerous sources that April Fools was cancelled this year.

Thankfully, I think I have a can of Miller Lite in the fridge so I can join virtual pub on 4/11.

����
    Or quarantined for 14 days and rescheduled to April 15?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Well, I tried.
    Brewery Bhavana refused delivery, we are out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    An Announcement!

Pursuant to the traditions of the Ymmm...Beer thread, which many would argue is the most respected and
    revered of threads on the DBR boards, with posters of the most discerning tastes and the sharpest of wit(bier)s,
    I hereby declare the next choice of beverage style for the April Virtual Pub. Upon reviewing the long
    list of prior esteemed choices, and considering the state of the world in which we are living, I heeded some
    fatherly advice in making my choice: "Keep it Simple Stupid". What is the most popular style of beer in
    our great country and perhaps the world? What beer style sells more in one day hour of one day (in fact maybe
    one minute of one hour) than all the other types combined? Industrially produced, mass-distributed, American
    Lager
    (lite or other). So pick up your "favorite" thirty-pack while temporarily breaking quarantine, and
    shotgun a can in our virtual pub!
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hear, here.

April 1 noted.

I’ve been assured by numerous sources that April Fools was cancelled this year.

Thankfully, I think I have a can of Miller Lite in the fridge so I can join virtual pub on 4/11.

����
    If signed into Ymm, beer law, I *think* I've already found a loophole:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...y-sales-volume

Boston Lager
    Summerfest
    The Purist or Old Tuffy
    Pacific Wonderland Lager

(to name a few )

Three desserts last PM, two of them liquid; small servings, of course.

Three desserts last PM, two of them liquid; small servings, of course.
    12 oz each?

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    An Announcement!

Pursuant to the traditions of the Ymmm...Beer thread, which many would argue is the most respected and
    revered of threads on the DBR boards, with posters of the most discerning tastes and the sharpest of wit(bier)s,
    I hereby declare the next choice of beverage style for the April Virtual Pub. Upon reviewing the long
    list of prior esteemed choices, and considering the state of the world in which we are living, I heeded some
    fatherly advice in making my choice: "Keep it Simple Stupid". What is the most popular style of beer in
    our great country and perhaps the world? What beer style sells more in one day hour of one day (in fact maybe
    one minute of one hour) than all the other types combined? Industrially produced, mass-distributed, American
    Lager
    (lite or other). So pick up your "favorite" thirty-pack while temporarily breaking quarantine, and
    shotgun a can in our virtual pub!
    I laughed about this post for the whole drive home. (Well, intermittently but you get the point).

Are the virtual pubs on Zoom?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    12 oz each?
    Eleven or 12 ounces for the two liquids, over about an hour each with one after dinner and one at bedtime; the key lime pie was about three or four ounces which took about a minute and a half to consume.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I laughed about this post for the whole drive home. (Well, intermittently but you get the point).

Are the virtual pubs on Zoom?
    Gooch posted "most discerning tastes and sharpest of wit," though I'd bet we'd be able to pull it off on Zoom (I have no experience with it yet ). We haven't done one yet that way but would be an excellent idea. One problem would be that most of us seem to post over 8-12 hours during the days of the Virtual Pubs (no, we don't drink for 8-12 hours but spread our posts/comments/tastings over that time).

Gooch posted "most discerning tastes and sharpest of wit," though I'd bet we'd be able to pull it off on Zoom (I have no experience with it yet ). We haven't done one yet that way but would be an excellent idea. One problem would be that most of us seem to post over 8-12 hours during the days of the Virtual Pubs (no, we don't drink for 8-12 hours but spread our posts/comments/tastings over that time).
    I’m sure someone could set up a zoom conference for a specific time and date, say when they are replaying one of our big games on ESPN.

I have Zoomed (free app) but not sure how to set up a room and invite folks. But the ones I did, once you have the app it really is about as easy as clicking the link to the meeting — er, pub.

Just gotta make sure I don’t confuse this with a court argument.

I can set up a zoom if there is interest; we’d just need to set up a specific time window.

I can set up a zoom if there is interest; we’d just need to set up a specific time window.
    I'm in!

I'm free pretty much any time on the weekends. I can make it happen during the week if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m sure someone could set up a zoom conference for a specific time and date, say when they are replaying one of our big games on ESPN.

I have Zoomed (free app) but not sure how to set up a room and invite folks. But the ones I did, once you have the app it really is about as easy as clicking the link to the meeting — er, pub.

Just gotta make sure I don’t confuse this with a court argument.
    Oh, my, I don't even want to consider the possibilities (none good) of discussing one bourbon, one scotch and one beer before the judge, by George.

I'm greatly interested in this. I'd have to wear a disguise .

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'm in!

I'm free pretty much any time on the weekends. I can make it happen during the week if needed.
    Can we still post excerpts of our tastings on Ymm, Beer. Imagine the possibilities...

(kidding, mostly )

Can we still post excerpts of our tastings on Ymm, Beer. Imagine the possibilities...

(kidding, mostly )
    yeah, yeah.

Gingerbread Cookie Clear Sky-Wolf's Ridge Brewing Company

Local for some family member.

Credit-son of devildeac/Christmas present; thanks!
    Format-bomber; half tonight, half tomorrow
    Style-spiced/flavored cream ale
    Glassware-snifter
    Appearance-clear; cookie yellow-tan
    Nose-Is that you in the kitchen, Grandma?
    Mouthfeel-smooth
    Tastes-cookie spices including ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and maybe a few others
    Adjuncts-they have a recipe on the label for gingerbread cookies with all the above plus butter, brown sugar, orange zest and molasses
    IBU-I'll go with 20
    ABV-5.4% (it's a cookie, not a beer, remember?
    Overall impression-very pleasant novelty beer; happy to split over two nights; tastes like liquid cookies
    Ymm, Beer rating-middle shelf cat 2; Santa would have enjoyed this last week
    Liquid dessert #1 last PM:

Clear Sky Coconut Cream Pie-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

One of several variants of the base cream ale, Clear Sky. Local for one family member

Credit-son of devildeac from last month's trading session; thanks!!
    Format-bomber, half last PM, the other half currently under review
    Packaged on-Jan/31/2020
    Style-spiced/flavored cream ale (yea, fuse, I can *almost* taste the cream )
    Glassware-pint glass
    Appearance-slightly cloudy, off yellow; big fizzy head that disappeared quickly
    Nose-I didn't know Mrs. dd had this in her recipe book
    Mouthfeel-not quite creamy
    Tastes-a slightly under flavored slice of coconut cream pie; pie crust; vanilla
    Adjuncts-toasted coconut; vanilla beans
    IBU-18
    ABV-5% (booze in a pie )
    Overall impression-another good variant from what appears to be a long running series; the one above was a bit better
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 2; one of RJ199's Grand Traverse coconut cream pie bets would be better but I like this a fair amount

Liquid dessert #1 last PM:

Clear Sky Coconut Cream Pie-Wolf's Ridge Brewing

One of several variants of the base cream ale, Clear Sky. Local for one family member

Credit-son of devildeac from last month's trading session; thanks!!
    Format-bomber, half last PM, the other half currently under review
    Packaged on-Jan/31/2020
    Style-spiced/flavored cream ale (yea, fuse, I can *almost* taste the cream )
    Glassware-pint glass
    Appearance-slightly cloudy, off yellow; big fizzy head that disappeared quickly
    Nose-I didn't know Mrs. dd had this in her recipe book
    Mouthfeel-not quite creamy
    Tastes-a slightly under flavored slice of coconut cream pie; pie crust; vanilla
    Adjuncts-toasted coconut; vanilla beans
    IBU-18
    ABV-5% (booze in a pie )
    Overall impression-another good variant from what appears to be a long running series; the one above was a bit better
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid cat 2; one of RJ199's Grand Traverse coconut cream pie bets would be better but I like this a fair amount
    Dessert #2 last PM:

Key Lime Cheesecake

Oh wait, that wasn't beer, it was real cheesecake and shoulda been posted in the Ymm, Cheesecake thread.

CBS-Founders (Mahou San Miguel) Brewing Company

Nowhere near local

Credit-not sure if this is a son of devildeac credit or August West; thanks to both as I have two 4 packs!
    Bottled on-10/02/19
    Style-flavored maple syrup/bourbon barrel aged imperial stout
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Stemware-Founders snifter
    Appearance-mahogany with a foamy beige head
    Nose-coffee, dark chocolate, bourbon, maple syrup
    Mouthfeel-fudgy
    Tastes-mirror the aromas; dark caramel; molasses
    Adjuncts-coffee, chocolate
    IBU-(shrugs)-maybe 50
    ABV-11.3%
    Overall impression-worth the hype, even if it is the last brewing of this for about the 5th time
    Ymm, Beer-strong cat 3; world class; worth the $6/bottle

The main difference with this and the tailgate review/s are the serving temps. I think the tailgate sampling was at about 45 degrees or less with no chance for warming. Last PM, I chilled a bottle for about 15 minutes in the fridge, poured and sipped over about 45 minutes, pretty near room temperature for most of the tasting. World of difference with the flavors.
    Dessert #3 from last PM; liquid dessert #2

Hey, it's been *almost* 4 months

CBS-Founders Brewing Company

See above review. Sipped over about an hour just before bedtime. Still an amazing beer. I'd buy it again if they ever decide *not* to brew it again after their 4th (5th? 6th?) claim to that effect .

Oh, my, I don't even want to consider the possibilities (none good) of discussing one bourbon, one scotch and one beer before the judge, by George.
    Depends on the judge; I’ve been out after midnight with a few. But — yeah.

And, I would zoom.

More desserts last PM, liquid, solid and unbaked. One involved chocolate, vanilla, raspberries and bourbon...