Page 938 of 938 FirstFirst ... 438838888928936937938
Results 18,741 to 18,745 of 18745

Thread: Ymm, Beer

I'll bet this one's not cheap:

Bourbon Barrel Aged Third Coast (on tap at Bottle Revolution)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Any sightings of this in the Winston-Salem area?

Attachment 9087

Not mentioning any names, of course ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The call-out was subtle, but not *that* subtle.

I haven't seen any yet, but am keeping an eye out. Actually two eyes.
    Update: An email today from Stella says that this is among their "new arrivals."
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Update: An email today from Stella says that this is among their "new arrivals."
    We'll strike out about 930 AM next Thursday for our journey to the mid-Atlantic/Midwest region. I'll bring the beers, guns and money (extra of items #1 and 3, if needed) if you'll bring the lawyer/s. More details to follow. I'll save a little extra room in the trunk if you're/I'm "feeling lucky."

Narwhal Bourbon Barrel Aged (2016?)-Sierra Nevada Brewing Company

"This beer is no longer brewed."

One of the older products (I think) from their Trip in the Woods series.

This was a corked and caged 750 ml bottle shared with myself () and divided over 2 nights earlier this week and probably bought at the River Mills, NC facility several years ago for somewhere between $15-20.

Pour was a slightly cloudy, cocoa color with a small, tan head. Nose of baker's chocolate with a mouth feel that was somewhat oily and viscous (it's an imperial stout). Lots of cocoa on the palate to accompany, some semi-sweet chocolate, charred wood, dried/dark fruits, a drop or two of coffee and a fairly soft, smooth bourbon finish. The regular Narwhal is 60 IBUs and that sounds about right for this, too. The ABV however for the BBA version is a potent 12.5%. I like the original version but also greatly enjoyed this variation, too. Here's the ingredient list for the parent "compound," copied and pasted from the SN site:

YEAST Ale yeast
    BITTERING HOPS Magnum, Challenger
    FINISHING HOPS Challenger
    MALTS Two-row Pale, Caramel, Chocolate, Honey, Carafa III, Roasted Barley

Wood-Aged Bitches Brew (bottled on 01/12/18 0802)-Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

I'm not sure who to credit for this one .

Here's the DFH explanation:

"Originally brewed in honor of the 40th anniversary of the release of Miles Davis’ 1970 landmark Jazz fusion record Bitches Brew, our ‘remix’ is a gustatory tribute to that analog masterpiece.

Much like Jazz fusion, which blends different musical styles, our Wood-Aged Bitches Brew is a fusion of three threads of Imperial stout aged on oak and one thread of Tej - a native African honey beer - aged on Palo."

I found this hidden in a DFH 4 pack carrier at the back of the top shelf of the beer fridge and, trying to go through some older beers before purchasing some new ones, this one jumped into my grasp this evening . Plus, female canines always remind me of a certain fake university with no morals/integrity .

The 12 ounce pour took about an hour to finish with the first four ounces at garage temperature (about 55 degrees), then fridge temp (about 40-45 degrees), then room temp (about 65 degrees). Probably not much difference except a bit more dark honey at the warmer climate. Color was dark brown and a bit cloudy with a head that was thin and tan. Nose was chicory and unsweetened chocolate. Palate sensors registered the same with some coffee, a bit of licorice, charred wood and dark caramel with a hint of dark/amber honey. IBUs of 38 (I'd have guessed a bit higher, perhaps 50-60 range) and the ABV is 9% so it is indeed in imperial territory. Pleased to have one that's a bit over a year old but happy not to have spent ~$20 on a 6er of these.