Page 816 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 31671676680681481581681781882686691613161816 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,320 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hey fuse,

How'd ya like if I drop one of these on you when we return from Oregon next week?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31423/152962/
    Lol.

That’s just mean, man.

Bonus points if you can name the movie or provide the youtube clip.

Written from Reston, VA, home of good Mexican restaurants where canned Tecate is your best bet.

... Would rather enjoy a west coast perspective.
    Imagine you're there, start drinking at 9 AM, and pretend that it's noon in the East so it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Lol.

That’s just mean, man.

Bonus points if you can name the movie or provide the youtube clip.

Written from Reston, VA, home of good Mexican restaurants where canned Tecate is your best bet.
    I have no clue.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to work on that 2 beers/day activity as I already exercise 90 minutes daily. Based on that article, that'll give me a 29% chance of living longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Imagine you're there, start drinking at 9 AM, and pretend that it's noon in the East so it's OK.
    No need to imagine that as we'll be there soon enough as our flight lands in Portland, OR, tomorrow about 230 PM PST.

Mattman first brought up this topic a couple months ago and we've had some interesting discussions about the style and several reviews, most of which have been positive. A number of us here have tired of IPAs, whether they be piney/resin-y/overly bitter and have migrated toward fruity and/or fruited IPAs, whether they originate from single hops, fruity/juicy hops, unfiltered IPAs or a combo of the above. I've really enjoyed a growing number of the style.

Which breweries and/or brews are you referencing? Would rather enjoy a west coast perspective.
    My first introduction to a so-called New England style IPA was at Greenport Harbor Brewing Company in Greenport, NY on the north fork of Long Island a few years ago. More then three years ago, I guess, because I only had one kid on that trip.

I then found similar beers at Half Door Brewing Company in downtown San Diego. Meanwhile, fruity/juicy/hazy IPAs flourished without being labeled. Modern Times (decent size brewery) and Pure Project (tiny, but all the rage in local colabs) have put out some of my favorites.

The flagship IPA of my local brewery, New English, started by an English guy in San Diego, has some of these elements while staying close to a classic San Diego beer. Pure and Simple, it is called, and is my go to. It helps that it is brewed and served less than 2 miles from my house.

But recently Karl Strauss and Societe, one an old school main stay and one part of the newish wave of local breweries, both came out with nice entrants in the category after staying away for a while.

I’m not a fan of actual fruit in the beer. Latitude 33’s blood orange IPA was the high point of that for me, but after one summer I was over it. But tropical and citrus notes are just fine right now!

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    My first introduction to a so-called New England style IPA was at Greenport Harbor Brewing Company in Greenport, NY on the north fork of Long Island a few years ago. More then three years ago, I guess, because I only had one kid on that trip.

I then found similar beers at Half Door Brewing Company in downtown San Diego. Meanwhile, fruity/juicy/hazy IPAs flourished without being labeled. Modern Times (decent size brewery) and Pure Project (tiny, but all the rage in local colabs) have put out some of my favorites.

The flagship IPA of my local brewery, New English, started by an English guy in San Diego, has some of these elements while staying close to a classic San Diego beer. Pure and Simple, it is called, and is my go to. It helps that it is brewed and served less than 2 miles from my house.

But recently Karl Strauss and Societe, one an old school main stay and one part of the newish wave of local breweries, both came out with nice entrants in the category after staying away for a while.

I’m not a fan of actual fruit in the beer. Latitude 33’s blood orange IPA was the high point of that for me, but after one summer I was over it. But tropical and citrus notes are just fine right now!
    Thanks! Quite interesting to read. Send a few of your favorites to the Triangle area. Please.

Happy Beer-morning to all!

Reports later today from the Portland, OR area.

I'm thinking Stickmen and FlyBoy.

Had Bell's Pooltime Ale for the first time last night. Can definitely tell it's Belgian crafted. Hint of cherries. Refreshing summer beer.

Also have two bottles of Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA waiting in my fridge

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Its always after 5pm somewhere

From the guy who watched the Super Bowl in Hong Kong with a beer in hand at 8am.

Happy Beer-morning to all!

Reports later today from the Portland, OR area.

I'm thinking Stickmen and FlyBoy.

Beware of the hipsters.

I have no clue.
    https://youtu.be/asJP-prTb2Y

To me, one of the funniest scenes in a pretty dark movie.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Had Bell's Pooltime Ale for the first time last night. Can definitely tell it's Belgian crafted. Hint of cherries. Refreshing summer beer.

Also have two bottles of Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA waiting in my fridge
    Do you realize the ABV on the DFH 120?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Beware of the hipsters.
    They all moved to Asheville...

A dessert of New Glarus Belgian Red more than offsets a second night of Tecate with dinner.

Cheers!

Ekuanot Pale (draft)-FlyBoy Brewing

Drink local (Tigard, Oregon)!

Two ounce sample before dinner. Hey, the waitress offered and brought the wrong sample. Somebody had to drink it.

Yellow-straw pour, small head, vinous aromas and tastes along with some mild citrus flavors. Minimal bitterness. I'll guess 30 IBUs and chalk board said 6.4% ABV. I'd taste this again.

Island Jumper (draft)-FlyBoy Brewing

Happy hour pint at a buck off and recommended by our waitress as their best seller. A solid choice.

Pour was a clear, yellow-gold with a modest, creamy head. Lots of pineapple and grapefruit scents and tastes without being a NEIPA/hazy juice. Matching flavors with a little bit of rind and hints of orange, finishing with a light brown sugary sweetness. I'll guess IBUs about 60 and ABV on the chalk board was 7%. A nice pairing with a toasted, Italian grinder and some mixed greens.

Tail Gunner Stout Barrel Aged (draft)-FlyBoy Brewing

More local!

Two ounce sample that was supposed to be first but a small mistake made it the second taster so I made it dessert .

Dark brown color with a small head and a sweet, syrupy, boozy nose that coated the palate with dark caramel, dark chocolate, molasses and bourbon. I'll guess IBUs about 40-50 and the ABV was 9.1% but "felt" higher. I don't drink many stouts in the summer but when the waitress offered tastes of any of their brews, I couldn't pass up this one.

Overall, a good experience with Mrs. dd enjoying a good wedge salad and tastes of my mixed greens/bleu cheese/tomato/pickled onion side salad and a toasted Italian grinder.

It might be worth a walk down there tomorrow night for a snifter of Deschutes Brewing XXX Black Butte Porter on draft...

Do you realize the ABV on the DFH 120?

Ha! I've been warned. Missed the opportunity to have it on draft last weekend. Still kicking myself.

Likely will have a bottle Saturday. Gifting the other to a friend.