Page 1846 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 846134617461796183618441845184618471848185618961946 ... LastLast
Results 36,901 to 36,920 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From last PM:

Red Wolf-Four Saints Brewing

Local enough

Credit-Tripping William; thanks!!
    Style-red IPA
    Format-pint can
    Serving vessel-standard pint glass
    Appearance-clean/clear amber/red; modest, foamy head
    Nose-berry, toasted wheat, orange
    Mouthfeel-mild, piney bite
    Tastes-damn if this doesn't remind me of 21st Amendment's Toaster Pastry with strawberry, orange, biscuit and a bit of resin
    IBU-45
    ABV-6.2%
    Pairing-spicy southwest chicken salad
    Overall impression-not many of these on the market and I rather enjoyed it and got lucky with the pairing
    Ymm, Beer rating-upper cat 2, scoring a couple extra points on creativity and its 10% contribution to the real NC Zoo (an not the jackarses in chappaheeya)
    Most welcome. Glad you enjoyed. I a little surprised by how much I liked this one. I'd definitely buy it again, if I see it around.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    A favorite returns - delivery today, consumption Sunday as soon as I get off work...Ardent -
    Barrel Aged Defenestrator 32oz Crowler

We took this doppelbock collaboration with our friends from The Cask Cafe and further lagered it for 10 months in bourbon barrels. Barrel Aged Defenestrator maintains the same malty base and stone fruit character as the original, adds some extra bourbon aroma and oaky flavor, and still remains a balanced beer. 10.4% ABV • 22 IBU
    I really like the sounds of this beer. I wouldn't literally defenestrate someone to get my hands on it, but I might think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Very cool! Love it.

Hopefully I can find cans of Pilsner Urquell so that I can daydream of the Prague trip that was supposed to happen last Spring.
    Maybe you'll get there in time for the next defenestration.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup. Bring beers from where you wish you could be on vacation if things were “normal.” Foreign, domestic, wherever. Or, a beer that reminds you of such a place.

COVID Getaway Day!
    We'll be at the NC coast that weekend, which is where we'd be anyway, and located a few miles north of Wilmington so there'll be a few local brews that I'll pick up this week or next and report back throughout the week and next weekend. I'm looking at New Anthem, Wilmington Brewery, Bill's Front Porch, Edward Teach and maybe a couple others that have recently started packaging.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    That sounds like pure poetry to me. I'm misty-eyed
    The fresh jalapeno slices did that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Very cool! Love it.

Hopefully I can find cans of Pilsner Urquell so that I can daydream of the Prague trip that was supposed to happen last Spring.
    If you're not successful with that, you could always imagine flying through Germany and purchase a few bocks, doppelbocks and/or hefeweizens to quench the thirst.

A favorite returns - delivery today, consumption Sunday as soon as I get off work...Ardent -

We took this doppelbock collaboration with our friends from The Cask Cafe and further lagered it for 10 months in bourbon barrels. Barrel Aged Defenestrator maintains the same malty base and stone fruit character as the original, adds some extra bourbon aroma and oaky flavor, and still remains a balanced beer. 10.4% ABV • 22 IBU
    Please tell Ardent they need to bottle/can that one so it can be tucked into 4 packs and safely stored and then muled to a large number of friends you have in NC.

Please tell Ardent they need to bottle/can that one so it can be tucked into 4 packs and safely stored and then muled to a large number of friends you have in NC.
    And OH. And IL. And TX. And KS. And WA. And IN.

Did I omit anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Most welcome. Glad you enjoyed. I a little surprised by how much I liked this one. I'd definitely buy it again, if I see it around.
    Not sure I've had many (any?) other Four Saints brews. I always seem to pass them by in favor of Haw River, Fullsteam, New Anthem, Southern Pines, Burial, etc. Might have to start putting one or two in future mixed 4 packs.

I really like the sounds of this beer. I wouldn't literally defenestrate someone to get my hands on it, but I might think about it.
    I can think of someone.

Too bad tonight is dry.

Not sure I've had many (any?) other Four Saints brews. I always seem to pass them by in favor of Haw River, Fullsteam, New Anthem, Southern Pines, Burial, etc. Might have to start putting one or two in future mixed 4 packs.
    It has been awhile (and I need to make my way back), but their space in Asheboro is really pretty cool, and the beer they had on draft there was quite good. I don't see many of their cans around, which was part of the reason I grabbed that four-pack when I saw it. I'm definitely keeping a closer eye out for their stuff at retail locations.

I can think of someone.
    Nah; OPK & I are copacetic.

I can think of someone.
    Ed Rooney:
    I don't trust this kid any further than I can throw him.

Grace:
    Well, with your bad knee Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody... Its true.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ed Rooney:

Grace:
    Last edited by Tripping William; 02-17-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Nah; OPK & I are copacetic.
    Not who I had in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ed Rooney:

Grace:
    Perhaps in the same quote bin as:

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Ok, if we're gonna talk about bock biers, today's history lesson will be on that subject starting with:

https://www.anchorbrewing.com/blog/its-all-about-bock/

"The beer we now know as bock originated in the Northern German city of Einbeck, probably as far back as the 1400s. By the 1600s it was being brewed in the Munich area of Southern Germany. The name “Einbeck” was pronounced as “Einbock” in the Bavarian accent of the region – and “einbock” means “billy goat” in German. Shortened to “bock,” the name remains with us today, as does the visual pun of the goat on the label."

I'll try to discover how/why most (? all) bock biers are *supposed" to end with "-or."

Perhaps in the same quote bin as:

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
    So THAT'S how it is in their family.

Ok, if we're gonna talk about bock biers, today's history lesson will be on that subject starting with:

https://www.anchorbrewing.com/blog/its-all-about-bock/

"The beer we now know as bock originated in the Northern German city of Einbeck, probably as far back as the 1400s. By the 1600s it was being brewed in the Munich area of Southern Germany. The name “Einbeck” was pronounced as “Einbock” in the Bavarian accent of the region – and “einbock” means “billy goat” in German. Shortened to “bock,” the name remains with us today, as does the visual pun of the goat on the label."

I'll try to discover how/why most (? all) bock biers are *supposed" to end with "-or."
    Upon further review, I stand/sit/genuflect corrected:

"Doppelbock has much of the same overall character as traditional bock except that the color can vary from gold to black and it contains more alcohol. Even though “doppel” means double, and the ABVs can be from 7% to 12% or higher, it doesn’t necessarily mean twice the alcohol. The monks called it “liquid bread” for its perceived nutritional value when fasting and named it “salvator” or savior.

Today the “ator” suffix is used by everyone who wants their beer to be recognized as a doppelbock. There are supposedly hundreds of trademarked “ators” in Germany. Many American craft brewers are having fun with this as well.