Page 1273 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 273773117312231263127112721273127412751283132313731773 ... LastLast
Results 25,441 to 25,460 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    OPK certainly smothered that one...
    I set out to write the smartest, and the dumbest, Country song I could think of when I was in law school studying for the Bar exam. Because, procrastination.

The dumbest one was about falling in love with a series of waitresses at Waffle Houses, and included the line “scatter, cover, smother my heart.”

(the smartest one was about Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and how a guy tried to use it to explain to his wife why he came home drunk at 4 in the morning).

I’ve played in plenty of bars in my life, but the virtual pub’s gonna have to be extra-jumping for me to pull those old chestnuts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Meh. For me it kinda fell flat. Like a pancake.
    With or without a bunny?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I set out to write the smartest, and the dumbest, Country song I could think of when I was in law school studying for the Bar exam. Because, procrastination.

The dumbest one was about falling in love with a series of waitresses at Waffle Houses, and included the line “scatter, cover, smother my heart.”

(the smartest one was about Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and how a guy tried to use it to explain to his wife why he came home drunk at 4 in the morning).

I’ve played in plenty of bars in my life, but the virtual pub’s gonna have to be extra-jumping for me to pull those old chestnuts out.
    As a saying goes, "We'll be there all day." Plenty of lagering and pilsnering to do.

Well, the country has Mt. Rushmore, DBR has Mt. Hatemore, perhaps Ymm, Beer should have a Mt. Beermore.

(door closes quietly behind me)
    But if you could only be on one, which would you choose?

fuse.

Men want to be him, women want to be with him.

Beers fear him.

fuse.

(Okay, that’s my poetry for the quarantine).
    I may need to update my DBR signature.
    😂🤣😁

This is awesome.

I thought that was just a name for fat people eating waffles.
    Dang, OPK just on a roll. Touche!

It'll be up to Gooch, our host for the day, to determine when the doors, err, keyboards are open, for those not totally familiar with the process, no names in particular being mentioned . I've already started with a doppelbock last PM and a bock tonight, both of which will be sequestered at another site and revealed sometime on Saturday. Kinda like stockpiling N95s, anti-malarial drugs and ventilators.

I think fuse is also waiting for the word from Gooch as to when he should set up Zoom for an hour or two during which a bunch of us might meet with our thirsts readied and our glasses filled.
    Yup- if folks are willing, I can set up a zoom for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    But if you could only be on one, which would you choose?
    Mt. Hatemore. It's granite so darn near permanent and to hate the cheats like that is happiness forever. Beer is temporary...

Double Death Spiral-Trophy Brewing

Not a lager but still a nice nightcap last PM...

It'll be up to Gooch, our host for the day, to determine when the doors, err, keyboards are open, for those not totally familiar with the process, no names in particular being mentioned . I've already started with a doppelbock last PM and a bock tonight, both of which will be sequestered at another site and revealed sometime on Saturday. Kinda like stockpiling N95s, anti-malarial drugs and ventilators.

I think fuse is also waiting for the word from Gooch as to when he should set up Zoom for an hour or two during which a bunch of us might meet with our thirsts readied and our glasses filled.
    Yup- if folks are willing, I can set up a zoom for Saturday.
    I will kickoff the Virtual Pub in the morning on Saturday...get your lager/pilsners ready! The "bartender" will be unavailable for much of the day, but I trust you all to keep it civil while I'm busy cleaning out my basement.

Thanks, fuse for offering to set up a Zoom -- I'll leave it up to you to pick a time that works best for you.
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    I will kickoff the Virtual Pub in the morning on Saturday...get your lager/pilsners ready! The "bartender" will be unavailable for much of the day, but I trust you all to keep it civil while I'm busy cleaning out my basement.

Thanks, fuse for offering to set up a Zoom -- I'll leave it up to you to pick a time that works best for you.
    Not making any assumptions about DBR and time zones, for those who have interest, please weigh in on these options:

Noon-1pm ET
    2-3pm ET
    5-6pm ET

Given I have sooooo much else to do around the house 🙄 any of them would work just fine for me. We’ll open it up and keep it going for as long as folks want to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post

Thanks again!

Civil? With a buncha barflies?? Drinking all day???

Maybe we can finally get Bob Green to join us and moderate the premises for a while...

Not making any assumptions about DBR and time zones, for those who have interest, please weigh in on these options:

Noon-1pm ET
    2-3pm ET
    5-6pm ET

Given I have sooooo much else to do around the house 🙄 any of them would work just fine for me. We’ll open it up and keep it going for as long as folks want to chat.
    I'd vote for 5-6 pm ET but I'm pretty flexible.

Thanks for volunteering to do this.

Double Death Spiral-Trophy Brewing Company

Real local

Credit-it was on the shelf, I thought I liked it several years ago and was 15% off
    Format-pint fomite
    Style-DIPA
    Freshness-smudged stuff on bottom of can
    Glassware-snifter
    Appearance-hazy yellow with hints of gold; moderate foamy head
    Nose-OJ, rind, pineapple, peach, mango
    Mouthfeel-moderate bitterness
    Tastes-pretty close to the aromas; some honey (added); a drop of resin
    IBU-guessing 60s
    ABV-8%
    Overall impression-very good; might be even betterer if fresherer; restores some faith in this brewery as some recent IPAs/NEIPAs were boring
    Ymm, Beer rating-mid/upper cat 2; the honey helps save this IIPA as the store owner said it was approaching "old"

Mrs. dd: "What's that tray of cans in the bottom of our fridge?"

dd: "I'm supporting local craft beer stores and NC breweries."

Mrs. dd: "What are those brown 32 ounce containers with swing tops doing upside down in our dish drying rack?"

dd: "Bottle Rev is having mini growler specials 4 days a week now."

Mrs. dd: "I hope fuse (or Tripping William) is coming over to help you finish one of those, especially if it's >10% ABV." (this she really didn't say )

Mrs. dd: "What's that tray of cans in the bottom of our fridge?"

dd: "I'm supporting local craft beer stores and NC breweries."

Mrs. dd: "What are those brown 32 ounce containers with swing tops doing upside down in our dish drying rack?"

dd: "Bottle Rev is having mini growler specials 4 days a week now."

Mrs. dd: "I hope fuse (or Tripping William) is coming over to help you finish one of those, especially if it's >10% ABV." (this she really didn't say )
    Just glad she left my name out of it. (Though nice to see her briefly this weekend in a virtual way, hope we all can get together down the road).

Just glad she left my name out of it. (Though nice to see her briefly this weekend in a virtual way, hope we all can get together down the road).
    I'll not get together with anybody "down the road."

I'll not get together with anybody "down the road."
    Even this?

I submit to Gooch that OPK is allowed to drink his moonshine with rainwater Saturday, if he plays his smartest/dumbest Country Western songs live via Zoom.

I'd also vote for the 5pm-6pm Zoom time, but can be flexible whenever it works. Looking forward

Even this?

I knew I'd heard that song before but didn't realize it was so old, as in 1924 old:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Going..._Feelin%27_Bad

Yea, I'd go down *that* road.