Page 886 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 38678683687688488588688788889693698613861886 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I thougt you were stopping but apparently you are Fullsteam ahead.
    Sometimes I just can’t help myself... 🤣

If you’d prefer to drink at the beach, take your Ironclad to Wilmington where you can sing a New Anthem on Bill’s Front Porch. If you are still thirsty, you could ride your Broomtail to Front Street. Be on the lookout for a Flytrap!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Three bombers of Foothills People’s Cherry Porter secured. One may see damage as early as tonight.
    I am envious of your purchase. If they announce a bourbon barrel aged version...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I am envious of your purchase. If they announce a bourbon barrel aged version...
    The 2018 Moravian People’s Porter will be released next Friday.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I must confess, ya'll are a bunch of Funguys.
    I wish you hadn't. Now fuse is likely to start telling jokes about mushrooms that get thrown out of bars for enjoying themselves too much.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I wish you hadn't. Now fuse is likely to start telling jokes about mushrooms that get thrown out of bars for enjoying themselves too much.
    I find myself wishing there was a brewery called Old Wet Blanket about now...

The 2018 Moravian People’s Porter will be released next Friday.
    I tried Moravian People’s Porter last year. Didn’t enjoy it as much as I expected to.

I’ll keep saying BBA People’s Porter is the best.

Since you tempted fate, enjoy a dated article on mushroom beers featuring a Haw River offering:

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2015/01/21/mushrooms-have-entered-the-craft-beer-game/

I tried Moravian People’s Porter last year. Didn’t enjoy it as much as I expected to.

I’ll keep saying BBA People’s Porter is the best.

And I've got a bomber to share some time that says close, but not quite.

Total Wine here is advertising Black Friday specials including having Goose Island bourbon county stout and Guinness bulliet bourbon barrel stout. I’m assuming are both worth the trip? I’ve not had either one...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Total Wine here is advertising Black Friday specials including having Goose Island bourbon county stout and Guinness bulliet bourbon barrel stout. I’m assuming are both worth the trip? I’ve not had either one...
    The Guinness is a first time release. I’ll be keeping an eye out for it.

Goose Island for me has been hit and miss because I seem to be really sensitive to soy off flavours (I also think this sensitivity can be linked to food pairing). In general I find them to be really good and worth seeking out.

Turns out, this has been aged in bourbon barrels, together with cherries from the PNW. Wonderfully balanced, but not boozy at something like 5.6% ABV.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Goose Island BCS is excellent and worth finding. The variants (6? 8?) are supposed to be even better but guessing they're only released in the Chicago area.

Fuse linked the Guinness Bulliet BBA Stout earlier today and I'll be looking for that over the next few weeks.

Perhaps you can be the first to taste and review for Ymm, Beer.

Turns out, this has been aged in bourbon barrels, together with cherries from the PNW. Wonderfully balanced, but not boozy at something like 5.6% ABV.
    Just like their BBA People's Porter. Sounds delicious.

Just like their BBA People's Porter. Sounds delicious.
    The balance between the tartness of the cherries and the vanilla/caramel of the BB aging is fantastic. They have hit on something really good here.

From 11/10/13:

75 Minute IPA-Dogfish Head Brewing

Another contribution from August West to tailgate yesterday and an excellent combination of their 60 and 90 Minute IPAs, though the 90 is really an IIPA. So, does that make this an almost imperial IPA or is it a 1.5 IPA? As you might expect, the stats are an average of the two brews with IBUs of 75 and ABV of 7.5%. Poured a clear dark amber with a bouquet of pine, resin and citrus with sweet caramel/maple aromas, too, from the heavy malt body and the addition of maple syrup. Not sweet enough that you'd think about pouring on your pancakes or waffles but just enough to tantalize the palate. Matched well with the pulled pig and all the fixins. Also paired nicely with the pumpkin/pecan cheesecake, deep dish caramel apple pie, red velvet cream cheese pimp cake and pineapple layer cake. Too many desserts yesterday. Definitely worth finding and sharing.

Great label too but can't figure out how to include the image.
    From 11/12/18:

75 Minute IPA (brewed on 10/8/18 stamped on bottle neck)-Dogfish Head Craft Ales

On the 5th anniversary of August West's trader/treat at tailgate, CB&B traded this to me last Saturday. Thanks!

Let's see, what's different 5 years later? I thought there was a bit less pine/resin with this version and more orange, orange zest and orange liqueur, resembling the 90 Minute IIPA more than the 60 Minute IPA. There's a very subtle and very pleasant, sweet maple finish. The smoothness belies the 75 IBUs and the 7.5% ABV is on target with the style. This is certainly worth a 6er, keeping 3 for yourself and sharing/trading the others.

The balance between the tartness of the cherries and the vanilla/caramel of the BB aging is fantastic. They have hit on something really good here.
    I'll try to have a review of the not BBA Terrapin W-n-B Tart Cherry Chocolate Coffee Imperial Stout later tonight. We're headed out for the evening so it may be tomorrow AM but I will review it. Who do you think you're dealing with here, mattman? Hopefully, I'll present it in such a way as not to make fuse more sad .

(sorry guys, couldn't resist )

Reads very mouth watering. Going to see if i can find any locally tomorrow.

Tart Cherry W-n-B (500 ml bottle; retired beer from 2016 Reserve Series)-Terrapin (cough*millercoors*cough) Beer Company

A derivative of their Wake n Bake series which has always (?) been a coffee oatmeal imperial stout base, this one with Montmorency cherry juice added.

Our younger son-in-law toured the brewery last week before attending the Georgia-Auburn FB game as part of a bachelor weekend for a good friend of his from HS and college. For $12, you got the tour, two Terrapin pint glasses and (he claims) as many fills of the pint glasses as you desired (). He opted for 3 (maybe 4) half pint pours pre-game. He bought three $8 bottles from their Reserve Series: the above, Raspberry Truffle (consumed Thursday night with the above) and Moo-tella, a hazelnut coffee oatmeal imperial stout (I think), which we'll save for their New Year's visit.

We shared the 500 ml from snifters. Pour was a ruby-dark brown with a modest, pinkish-tan head. Chocolate-covered cherries were immediately perceived, followed by aromas of cold-brewed, dark roast coffee. Coffee is the first flavor and then tart cherries and semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Palate-pleasing and coating sensations were smooth and silky (oatmeal was one of the grains). Finish was dry and mildly boozy without barrel-aging. IBU surprisingly low at 20 (most imperial stouts are 40-50 or higher) and the ABV was a warming and dangerous 9.4%. One could make a case for this as a breakfast stout with assorted baked delights but it was wonderful as part of a nightcap, too, without any desserts.

HOPS: Nugget

MALTS: 2-Row Pale, Crystal 85, Flaked Barley, Flaked Oats, Chocolate, Black, Roasted Barley

Wondering if a glass of Ymmm, Toast will be appropriate by about 7:15 this evening.

Hoping for the best for our football team tonight.

Wondering if a glass of Ymmm, Toast will be appropriate by about 7:15 this evening.

Hoping for the best for our football team tonight.
    Yeah Toast!

We'll be at a wedding reception and I'm on call so my toast is likely to be iced tea or ginger ale, but I certainly hope we all have some positive plays/scores to toast as the evening progresses.