Page 1055 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 55555955100510451053105410551056105710651105115515552055 ... LastLast
Results 21,081 to 21,100 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From 8/16/18:

I wasn't sure I'd ever had one of these before. Sounds like I liked it a bit better than you, but, you're right, trying it with a different hop variety would be interesting.
    Yeah you must have had a different beer than I had in this series. The one I had did not taste anything like pineapple, mango, grapefruit, or papaya. More like cantaloupe, melon, and light coconut. I just don't think the one I had quite worked. They must just make different beers in this series with the same name but different hops. I'd be interested to hear somebody else's take on this Cashmere one. My take was thin, smooth, solid, not bad, but not great either.

It's Saturday night and still Summer, so how about:

Body Electric - Wise Man Brewing - 7.5 % ABV - 90 IBU. "We heaped in late-addition El Dorado, Citra, and Mosaic hops by the bucketful to give it massive tropical fruit notes. They call this a NE-IPA, but I'm not so sure. It's more like a hybrid west-coast juicy IPA.

The pour is not that hazy. It looks like orange, muddy water with nice thick head. It's aromatic - tropical and piney. The taste is dank and juicy orange, mango, light grapefruit, but they do the bitterness well in this beer. It has some sweet malty, light brown sugar, and finishes smooth grassy, piney bitter.

It's well done. This is Fuse Category 2. Would gladly drink again as I did tonight. Not my first, just first review.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    It's Saturday night and still Summer, so how about:

Body Electric - Wise Man Brewing - 7.5 % ABV - 90 IBU. "We heaped in late-addition El Dorado, Citra, and Mosaic hops by the bucketful to give it massive tropical fruit notes. They call this a NE-IPA, but I'm not so sure. It's more like a hybrid west-coast juicy IPA.

The pour is not that hazy. It looks like orange, muddy water with nice thick head. It's aromatic - tropical and piney. The taste is dank and juicy orange, mango, light grapefruit, but they do the bitterness well in this beer. It has some sweet malty, light brown sugar, and finishes smooth grassy, piney bitter.

It's well done. This is Fuse Category 2. Would gladly drink again as I did tonight. Not my first, just first review.
    I have one of these left from the 4 pack I brought at the brewery. Really enjoy this one!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I have one of these left from the 4 pack I brought at the brewery. Really enjoy this one!
    Per your reviews (hopefully I remembered right that you enjoyed this one), I also picked up some Wise Man Merry World breakfast stout today. Looking forward to trying that one.

Per your reviews (hopefully I remembered right that you enjoyed this one), I also picked up some Wise Man Merry World breakfast stout today. Looking forward to trying that one.
    Yes! But I only tasted the bourbon barrel aged version. If it is half as good as the bba, it is not going to disappoint.

Yes! But I only tasted the bourbon barrel aged version. If it is half as good as the bba, it is not going to disappoint.
    Good call. The one I got was not BBA. But I keep some double-oaked Woodford on hand for just such occasions. This Is going to be a seriously stout breakfast.

(but as long as I wake up after noon on Sunday in NC for breakfast, it's cool)

Hoppyum vs. Jade. Who you got?
    If it’s draft, Jade (but barely). The last few bottles of Jade I have had weren’t all that.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    If it’s draft, Jade (but barely). The last few bottles of Jade I have had weren’t all that.
    I think I would agree. Both are excellent, but Jade is one of my favorite NC IPAs.

Off the Dry Falls Brewing in Hendersonville!

I think I would agree. Both are excellent, but Jade is one of my favorite NC IPAs.

Off the Dry Falls Brewing in Hendersonville!
    I wanted to like Dry Falls more than I did, but it was fairly disappointing. Most of the beer I tried had a metallic taste. I did, however, really enjoy the jalapeno IPA, which I'm typically not a fan of.

Vuilbaard - Haw River - 7% ABV - 8 IBU - Mixed Culture Sour Brown Ale - Flanders OUD Bruin - aged 24 months in American oak barrels

It's super smooth and balanced, but actually too smooth and balanced IMO. It tastes sour with a good balance of very malty, oaky, and tart cherries. The tart cherry finish and tart cherry, sour aroma are the best parts of this beer IMO.

Haw River makes outstanding beer and this is no exception. Stella had it discounted and I'm thrilled I got it. But after last night's tasting, I do like sours a little stronger. I felt like the Bhavana Sylvan 2018 I had last night was significantly better and in a different league. Compared to that, this one almost tastes watered down. But that is too harsh a criticism, it's a great beer. So I'll rate this Fuse Category 2 - I cannot say Holy S** get it. But it's nice, complex, and well executed - so an enjoyable beer. I love me some tart cherries in a sour. TGIF with a full fridge.
    Had my bottle of this today. Spot-on review. I like this a lot. Very high Cat 2. Saxapahaw scores again.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

School starts tomorrow, so trying to clear the fridge of those remaining Goses:

Pinch of Salt - Salted Caramel Gose - D9 Brewing - 4.5 % ABV - 15 IBU - with Himalayan pink Salt and Caramel

The pour looks just like Bojangles sweet Iced tea - caramel color.

This is an interesting and weird beer. At first few sips, I tasted lots of salted caramel candy - pretty good. Then, as it warmed I guess, it was more like just a pinch of caramel near the finish, with more light sour gose flavor. It's a pretty salty gose with more tart, limey sour up front. That moves to subtle peachy and caramel light sweet finish. Sound weird? It was. Worth a try I'd say if you want to taste salted caramel candy in a gose.

It wasn't really for me, interesting yes, but a bit too weird for me. I wouldn't buy more, so Fuse Category 1. Glad I tried it though - definitely not a bad beer.

Blue Flower Purple Sour Power - New Sarum - Berliner Weisse - 5 % ABV - 5 IBU

This beer is as fun as it sounds. It's brewed with a Japanese Butterfly pea flower and dry-hopped with cryo Citra, cryo Mosaic, and Cryo Eukanot.

The best part of this beer was actually the pour. It's crazy purple - like a Nehi grape soda. Japanese butterfly pea flower is bright blue. But it's a ph Indicator that changes color to purple as they brew it into an acidic sour Berliner Weisse. It had a super thin head that didn't last long.

It's so purple I almost expected to taste Nehi grape soda, but it tastes like a nice lightly sour berliner weisse. It's complex, and I can't tell you exactly what all is going on or the order the tastes come. I'll try. It's drinkable and refreshing. The flavor starts savory, then tart light sour, then quite floral on the finish. It's unique and works nicely.

I'm impressed with New Sarum. Fuse Category 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Had my bottle of this today. Spot-on review. I like this a lot. Very high Cat 2. Saxapahaw scores again.
    Feeling a bit of regret on passing the couple of times I’ve seen it.

School starts tomorrow, so trying to clear the fridge of those remaining Goses:

Pinch of Salt - Salted Caramel Gose - D9 Brewing - 4.5 % ABV - 15 IBU - with Himalayan pink Salt and Caramel

The pour looks just like Bojangles sweet Iced tea - caramel color.

This is an interesting and weird beer. At first few sips, I tasted lots of salted caramel candy - pretty good. Then, as it warmed I guess, it was more like just a pinch of caramel near the finish, with more light sour gose flavor. It's a pretty salty gose with more tart, limey sour up front. That moves to subtle peachy and caramel light sweet finish. Sound weird? It was. Worth a try I'd say if you want to taste salted caramel candy in a gose.

It wasn't really for me, interesting yes, but a bit too weird for me. I wouldn't buy more, so Fuse Category 1. Glad I tried it though - definitely not a bad beer.
    D9 makes a lot of weird beer.

I actually paid money for their Trash Panda, which was billed as a sour s’mores beer. There may be a review here somewhere on it. Possibly the most unusual beer I think I’ve ever had in that I could not make up my mind if I hated it or enjoyed it.

Blue Flower Purple Sour Power - New Sarum - Berliner Weisse - 5 % ABV - 5 IBU

This beer is as fun as it sounds. It's brewed with a Japanese Butterfly pea flower and dry-hopped with cryo Citra, cryo Mosaic, and Cryo Eukanot.

The best part of this beer was actually the pour. It's crazy purple - like a Nehi grape soda. Japanese butterfly pea flower is bright blue. But it's a ph Indicator that changes color to purple as they brew it into an acidic sour Berliner Weisse. It had a super thin head that didn't last long.

It's so purple I almost expected to taste Nehi grape soda, but it tastes like a nice lightly sour berliner weisse. It's complex, and I can't tell you exactly what all is going on or the order the tastes come. I'll try. It's drinkable and refreshing. The flavor starts savory, then tart light sour, then quite floral on the finish. It's unique and works nicely.

I'm impressed with New Sarum. Fuse Category 2.
    Fullsteam used the butterfly pea flower in an IPA.

I agree the colour it produces is stunning.

Reads like a tasty beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    D9 Trash Panda

Great name, great label.

Sour beer with natural smores flavour.

Smells like chocolate and marshmallow. Wow.

Colour in the glass is sort of amber.

I am so torn by my first sip.
    I don’t think sour and smores are a great combination.

Its weird as I think independently this could be a great sour beer, or a great dessert beer.

Perhaps the irony of the name is intentional.

I’m going to try to describe the experience, while suggesting it might need to be experienced to be understood.

First part of each sip is like a sour gummy worm, and then finishes with flowing layers of chocolate and marshmallow, ending with a mild sour note.

An analogy might be if you took some chewy sweet tarts, kit kats, and mallow cups and stuffed them in your mouth at the same time.

A quality “trash” beer. Glad I tried it, and also glad I only bought one.
    One twelve ounce bottle might be enough to share among 4-6 friends.
    From the November 2018 wayback machine, my Trash Panda review.

I actually paid money for their Trash Panda, which was billed as a sour s’mores beer. There may be a review here somewhere on it. Possibly the most unusual beer I think I’ve ever had in that I could not make up my mind if I hated it or enjoyed it.
    This one was the same way. When I first tasted it I thought I'd really like it. But after finishing it I didn't think I did so much. I'd have much rather been drinking that Haw River! But an interesting try.

Feeling a bit of regret on passing the couple of times I’ve seen it.
    Ha! I think I was chastised for passing on this one, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You did indeed review it but searching for it might make me feel a bit weird. I've seen it also and took the hard pass route based on my memory of your review.

Edit: I see you found it.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.