Page 1586 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 5861086148615361576158415851586158715881596163616862086 ... LastLast
Results 31,701 to 31,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m sticking with water for the Panthers.
    The way the game is going I’d be dead by halftime.
    You'd officially last longer than the Panthers defense.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    After Heavy is the Hand, my neighbor and I wandered into my basement to ponder our next selection. We looked around and spontaneously decided "f it, let's do this!" and we broke out the Dark Lord special version from my 4-pack. Had to share with the wives, which was mildly unfortunate but completely fair. Poured very dark, with very little head. Checks in at a robust 15% ABV. Not sure of IBU, but would be low.

It was, in a word, amazing. Easily in my top five ever and maybe the best. Incredibly smooth, just a hint of bourbonny goodness, and a nice touch of vanilla. I am tearing up a little just thinking back on it (not really, but it sounded kind of poetic ).

Talking with my wife about it the next day, we were discussing if it was worth the price paid. My conclusion was probably not, but then in the next breath I said I would definitely pay the same price again for another shot at the beer. So I guess it was worth it after all.
    I did a bit of a hunt today and found bottles of 2019 Dark Lord Marshmallow Handjee going for $325-$350/bottle. In reality, it was an expensive beer to buy, and at the same time a bargain compared to what others are willing to pay for the experience you enjoyed.

Skol! 🍻

I won’t waste any energy convincing someone about a particular beer or style- more for me 🤣

You are welcome to all the Baltic Porters I won’t drink. 😁
    Lord Willin' and the ...

(thanks to RJ199 and the beergoddess for this recent acquisition which'll be in the queue the week after German Virtual Pub this Saturday)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I did a bit of a hunt today and found bottles of 2019 Dark Lord Marshmallow Handjee going for $325-$350/bottle. In reality, it was an expensive beer to buy, and at the same time a bargain compared to what others are willing to pay for the experience you enjoyed.

Skol! ��
    The Dark Lord 2017 was Cat 3. Thanks!!

Jet black pour with thin quickly dissipating minimal tan head.

The nose had licorice (interesting), dark chocolate, and some bourbon.

The feel was thick and syrupy.

The tastes were complex and transitioned beautifully from one to the next - toasty dark chocolate, dark fruits, minimal bourbon, roasty but minimal coffee, that licorice flavor coming in near the finish but then going back out, light sweetness but not cloying balanced expertly with good bitterness. The 15% was well-hidden, until halfway through dinner when I knew it was there.

A little stronger than mid Cat 3. Absolutely a worthy of a birthday beer and celebrating mattman and amusecupcake's accepted house offer, new job, and move to the 336.

Thanks fuse! The beer is worth the hype - it's a unique, special drinking experience and world class for sure.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 09-20-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

The tastes were complex and transitioned beautifully from one to the next - toasty dark chocolate, dark fruits, minimal bourbon, roasty but minimal coffee, that licorice flavor coming in near the finish but then going back out, light sweetness but not cloying balanced expertly with good bitterness. The 15% was well-hidden.

A little stronger than mid Cat 3. Absolutely a worthy of a birthday beer and celebrating mattman and amusecupcake's accepted house offer, new job, and move to the 336.

Thanks fuse!
    I'm certainly looking forward to mine (wipes drool from chin).

Mystery Beer - ABV ?? - Brewery ?? IBU ??

Imperial stout. Black, thin tan head, and good.

When I refill-poured it into Mattman's glass, I also poured the mystery bottle cap into his glass. I blame the 15% from the earlier dark lord.

Low Cat 3 very high quality imperial stout. Bourbon, chocolate, dark fruits.

Thanks Mattman and amusedcupcake for the super fun night, excellent company, and Teku glass!

The tastes were complex and transitioned beautifully from one to the next - toasty dark chocolate, dark fruits, minimal bourbon, roasty but minimal coffee, that licorice flavor coming in near the finish but then going back out, light sweetness but not cloying balanced expertly with good bitterness. The 15% was well-hidden, until halfway through dinner when I knew it was there.

Thanks fuse! The beer is worth the hype - it's a unique, special drinking experience and world class for sure.
    Sounds special. Look forward to sharing my notes in the future, with some mild licorice trepidation.

Couple "spoilers" for Saturday's German Vitual Pub:

Oktoberfest Märzen-Hacker Pschorr

Hopfenweisse-Schneider Weisse and Brooklyn Brewery collaboration

I may not have quite the selection that LegoBatman has assembled but I'll give him a run for his fake DBR money.

This might be one to put on the "must find" list this fall:

https://tenemu.com/news/bells-adding...lineup/09/2020

"According to a label filed with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), that beer is Café Vanilla Black Note Stout 2020, a 10.5 percent ABV imperial stout aged in “freshly retired” oak bourbon barrels with coffee and Madagascar vanilla beans before being packaged in 12-ounce bottles."

Another brew to add to the fall/winter beer list:

https://tenemu.com/news/bells-adding...ersary/06/2020

"According to a label filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), new release is “a stronger version” of the Comstock, Mich.-based brewery’s Expedition Stout that debuted in 1989."

I had no idea they'd brewed this beer for 31 years .

Hmmm, looks like there's a new/old brewery in Wilson, NC with Casita Cerveceria becoming Casita Brewing Company:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFKYJmNFOm4/

I'm a Wise Man but there is a serving of Surly somewhere in my collection for Saturday.

Might be a Weizenbock or three in the line-up, too.

Mystery Beer - ABV ?? - Brewery ?? IBU ??

Imperial stout. Black, thin tan head, and good.

When I refill-poured it into Mattman's glass, I also poured the mystery bottle cap into his glass. I blame the 15% from the earlier dark lord.

Low Cat 3 very high quality imperial stout. Bourbon, chocolate, dark fruits.

Thanks Mattman and amusedcupcake for the super fun night, excellent company, and Teku glass!
    RichardJackson and beergoddess are terrific hosts. That Dark Lord was sneaky for sure. I asked RJ if it was 10-11% and was shocked when he said 15%. Definitely went down easily, but I started to feel it on the car ride to dinner. Very tasty, and I would agree with RJ's tasting notes. Ditto on the mystery beer. No idea what it was, but it was certainly Cat 3 range.

Holy cow!

Skol! 🍻
    I would have a very hard time justifying that price, which is not to say I wouldn't do it...

Found myself at Ravenna Brewing Company on Saturday. I visited back in March and was blown away so I wanted to check it out again and see if my memory was correct. It was.

Syzygy
    Ravenna Brewing Company
    NEIPA
    7.9%ABV
    "Dank nose, light fruitiness and a hint of pine from our latest hazy offering. Galaxy, Nelson Sauvin, and Vic Secret hops show off with rampant juiciness in a downright stellar example of hop cohesion."

Pour is a beautiful haze that is thicker than the smoke we had all last week. Minimal head. You do get the small amount of pine. Juicy throughout. Exceptional

Wet Season: SABRO
    Ravenna Brewing Company
    NEIPA
    7% ABV
    "Our Sabro fresh hop IPA. Pina Colada aroma, big earthy body throughout. As fresh as fresh can be!"

Pour was slightly darker than the Syzygy. No head on the pour. Smells and tastes tropical. Would gladly have a second. And third. And...

Still the best brewery I have had in Seattle. I look forward to many more pours.

Ok. First beer review. Nervous. Have been talking to Neonatologists all day about ventilation and neonatal anatomy and physiology. But this post makes me nervous. That stuff is just not as important as beer.

Swan Brewing in Lakeland, FL

Swantoberfest (5.5% ABV Oktoberfestbier)
    Very drinkable traditional Marzen. Mark of a good Marzen for me is taste improves as it warms and this is no exception. Just a very good traditional Marzen.

I have the vocabulary to delve further but not sure I have the chops. Gotta know who you are. So that is where I will stop. Brewery is very cool and brand new. On a lake in a city that is up and coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ok. First beer review. Nervous. Have been talking to Neonatologists all day about ventilation and neonatal anatomy and physiology. But this post makes me nervous. That stuff is just not as important as beer.

Swan Brewing in Lakeland, FL

Swantoberfest (5.5% ABV Oktoberfestbier)
    Very drinkable traditional Marzen. Mark of a good Marzen for me is taste improves as it warms and this is no exception. Just a very good traditional Marzen.

I have the vocabulary to delve further but not sure I have the chops. Gotta know who you are. So that is where I will stop. Brewery is very cool and brand new. On a lake in a city that is up and coming.
    Nice!
    Marzen is a crowded field for sure. Even so, there are standouts.

Nice!
    Marzen is a crowded field for sure. Even so, there are standouts.
    I have let this one get to room temp and it is better now than when I started.