Page 1263 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 263763116312131253126112621263126412651273131313631763 ... LastLast
Results 25,241 to 25,260 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Try Go Ask Your Father from Casita Cerveceria. Strong Category 2 if I remember right.
    I think I've seen it but never put it in the cart as I've always ended up with one of their IPAs, IIPAs or imperial stouts. They've probably released other pilsners on which I've taken a lame, soft "pass." My behavior will have to change.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

A big thhhhhbbbpppppp! to the NY Post, and the World Health Organization.
    https://trib.al/7fLVaIY

The link is the NY Post sharing WHO’s concern about overconsumption of alcohol during pandemic stay at home conditions.

Of course, they are correct, and we should be mindful of our consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    A big thhhhhbbbpppppp! to the NY Post, and the World Health Organization.
    https://trib.al/7fLVaIY

The link is the NY Post sharing WHO’s concern about overconsumption of alcohol during pandemic stay at home conditions.

Of course, they are correct, and we should be mindful of our consumption.
    Reaching for that extra handful of crackers/nuts/M&Ms/pretzels/chips/(insert name of your snacks of choice here) should also be limited.

Railhouse Eck Red Imperial Red Ale

Trying to support Sandhills microbrews while they still exist. The tasting room in Aberdeen had these (among maybe half a dozen others) in sixers for carry-out. A solid red ale. Really malty. Great color. Just a little bitterness on the aftertaste, which is slightly off-putting. Otherwise a solid red. 6.6% ABV, so some depth but not high-gravity. Good for spring, I suppose. Mid Cat 2.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Bière de Miel-Jester King Brewery

Umm, not local (not related to Tapé, either )

Credit-trader from RJ199; thanks!!
    Style-farmhouse/saison ale
    Dating-Batch #6; June, 2018
    Format-capped 750 ml bottle, divided over two nights
    Stemware-white wine glass
    Appearance-an orange tinged yellowish straw; smallish, effervescent head; lacy
    Nose-funk, wet straw
    Mouthfeel-this one tingles
    Tastes-mild, tart apples and unripe pears, splash of OJ, funk, slightly honeyish
    Grains-wheat, Texas malted barley
    Hops-hops (yea, they really listed it that way on the label )
    Yeasts-mixed culture of brewer's yeast (), native yeast and native bacteria
    Adjuncts-honey (from Texas, of course )
    IBU-20ish or less
    ABV-5.8%
    Overall impression-a very well executed beverage
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; very, very good from many perspectives; would readily buy this or other Jester King creations again

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Bière de Miel-Jester King Brewery

Umm, not local (not related to Tapé, either )

Credit-trader from RJ199; thanks!!
    Style-farmhouse/saison ale
    Dating-Batch #6; June, 2018
    Format-capped 750 ml bottle, divided over two nights
    Stemware-white wine glass
    Appearance-an orange tinged yellowish straw; smallish, effervescent head; lacy
    Nose-funk, wet straw
    Mouthfeel-this one tingles
    Tastes-mild, tart apples and unripe pears, splash of OJ, funk, slightly honeyish
    Grains-wheat, Texas malted barley
    Hops-hops (yea, they really listed it that way on the label )
    Yeasts-mixed culture of brewer's yeast (), native yeast and native bacteria
    Adjuncts-honey (from Texas, of course )
    IBU-20ish or less
    ABV-5.8%
    Overall impression-a very well executed beverage
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; very, very good from many perspectives; would readily buy this or other Jester King creations again
    So glad you enjoyed! I enjoyed the Photon Sphere from you which was one of the best beers I've ever tasted. It helped that it just happened to be what I like. But oh did I love it. Review to follow...

Photon Sphere - Olde Hickory Brewery - BBA Double Imperial Stout with honey, cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa, and habanero - 11.9 %

I already showed my hand, but yes this is the strongest of Category 3 for me. Like Fuse says - it's what you like and these are ingredients I love. Thanks Devildeac!!! You had to know I would love this.

It's jet black with the standard half-finger tan head. This beer has a stellar aroma of good dark chocolate, Vanilla, Bourbon, and you can smell some heat.

It must be noted that the habanero is done Very well in this beer. It would not be too hot for anybody. It's subtle and just provides some notes and flavor, no burn.

The taste is one of those where you just taste one thing after another, nuanced, and balanced perfectly. It starts with bourbon, honey, chocolate cocoa, with some cinnamon notes, and a very slight, subdued habanero spice on the finish. You taste everything mentioned. The full feel coats the mouth nicely. It's nuanced and an amazing stout to drink start to finish.

I could not have been happier drinking every ounce of this beer.

Photon Sphere - Olde Hickory Brewery - BBA Double Imperial Stout with honey, cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa, and habanero - 11.9 %

I already showed my hand, but yes this is the strongest of Category 3 for me. Like Fuse says - it's what you like and these are ingredients I love. Thanks Devildeac!!! You had to know I would love this.

It's jet black with the standard half-finger tan head. This beer has a stellar aroma of good dark chocolate, Vanilla, Bourbon, and you can smell some heat.

It must be noted that the habanero is done Very well in this beer. It would not be too hot for anybody. It's subtle and just provides some notes and flavor, no burn.

The taste is one of those where you just taste one thing after another, nuanced, and balanced perfectly. It starts with bourbon, honey, chocolate cocoa, with some cinnamon notes, and a very slight, subdued habanero spice on the finish. You taste everything mentioned. The full feel coats the mouth nicely. It's nuanced and an amazing stout to drink start to finish.

Yep, a terrific beer. One of Olde Hickory’s best.

So glad you enjoyed! I enjoyed the Photon Sphere from you which was one of the best beers I've ever tasted. It helped that it just happened to be what I like. But oh did I love it. Review to follow...
    I knew that, which is why you and Tripping William each got one. Be on the lookout for it after May of this year if Olde Hickory is still in business after COVID 19 is done with all of us.

I shoulda bought two 4 packs of this one when I asked our son earlier this year if it was worth the cost and his reply was something on the order of, "hell, yea!". Soooo glad both you and Tripping William enjoyed it that much.

My gal Stella is saying she has a Sycamore mango milkshake DIPA. That may be enough to lure me over to W-S even in this “stay at home” phase ...

I shoulda bought two 4 packs of this one when I asked our son earlier this year if it was worth the cost and his reply was something on the order of, "hell, yea!". Soooo glad both you and Tripping William enjoyed it that much.
    Thank you! Definitely buy more if you ever see it. You know I"m good for it.

I had a fun Stella run today, so I'm sure I got something fun to send your way. I was trying to buy lots of local WiseMan, Foothills, Incendiary, etc. But I couldn't resist some Jester King and Allagash offerings.

I'm a little worried about Stella. I'm telling myself that they should be ok since their business is basically all carry-out anyway. But they had literally nothing on draft and seemed to be clearing out inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    My gal Stella is saying she has a Sycamore mango milkshake DIPA. That may be enough to lure me over to W-S even in this “stay at home” phase ...
    Sounds like essential travel to me

I had a fun Stella run today, so I'm sure I got something fun to send your way. I was trying to buy lots of local WiseMan, Foothills, Incendiary, etc. But I couldn't resist some Jester King and Allagash offerings.

I'm a little worried about Stella. I'm telling myself that they should be ok since their business is basically all carry-out anyway. But they had literally nothing on draft and seemed to be clearing out inventory.
    I’m worried about them, too. Their social media posts lately have had a tinge of “we may not have much longer” to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Curbside pick-up?

Guess I'll start worrying about Bottle Revolution about 1.5 blocks from my office. I haven't visited in several weeks and their most recent email said growlers only/no individual drafts but they were still selling singles/4 packs. I may have to make a visit Monday afternoon before the NC lockdown occurs.

Dead and Berried-Foothills Brewing

(taking a lot of restraint to avoid a joke in this unprecedented time in which we live)

I'd claim this as local

Credit-Tripping William bartered item; thanks!!
    Style-BBA flavored American imperial stout
    Format-bomber, divided over two nights
    Stemware-small snifter
    Appearance-dark brown with hints of purple; thin, mocha head
    Aromas-plum, dark berries, bourbon
    Mouthfeel-smoooth
    Tastes-dark chocolate, plum, dark berries, burnt cocoa, bourbon, trace of espresso (don't think it's an adjunct)
    Adjunct-blackberries
    IBU-62
    ABV-10.5%; "warming" but not "hot"
    Overall impression-oh, so delicious, especially with a prelude of some monastery made bourbon chocolate fudge and a few dark chocolate covered raisins
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 3; reminds me very fondly of a Brüeprint Brewing Company blackberry BBA imperial stout from fuse 2 or 3 years ago

Dead and Berried-Foothills Brewing

(taking a lot of restraint to avoid a joke in this unprecedented time in which we live)

I'd claim this as local

Credit-Tripping William bartered item; thanks!!
    Style-BBA flavored American imperial stout
    Format-bomber, divided over two nights
    Stemware-small snifter
    Appearance-dark brown with hints of purple; thin, mocha head
    Aromas-plum, dark berries, bourbon
    Mouthfeel-smoooth
    Tastes-dark chocolate, plum, dark berries, burnt cocoa, bourbon, trace of espresso (don't think it's an adjunct)
    Adjunct-blackberries
    IBU-62
    ABV-10.5%; "warming" but not "hot"
    Overall impression-oh, so delicious, especially with a prelude of some monastery made bourbon chocolate fudge and a few dark chocolate covered raisins
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 3; reminds me very fondly of a Brüeprint Brewing Company blackberry BBA imperial stout from fuse 2 or 3 years ago
    Most welcome. Hopefully there will be a 2020 version.

Paging Winston-Salem Friends

I had a Coffee infused BBA Sexual Chocolate at Foothills last fall at the brewery. Have they ever bottled/canned this and sold it in bottle shop? I haven't looked for it, but reading the posts about Dead and Berried made me remember it (had them both together in a flight). I actually thought it was a tad better than D&B.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I had a Coffee infused BBA Sexual Chocolate at Foothills last fall at the brewery. Have they ever bottled/canned this and sold it in bottle shop? I haven't looked for it, but reading the posts about Dead and Berried made me remember it (had them both together in a flight). I actually thought it was a tad better than D&B.
    I remember that one. It was a while back. Their tasting room off of Stratford Road (near Jonestown) *might* have it, and the pub might, too. But I doubt it’s in bottle shops at this point.