Page 1184 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 184684108411341174118211831184118511861194123412841684 ... LastLast
Results 23,661 to 23,680 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    May well be. I have one last bottle that I’m holding for some future date TBD.
    One word: tailgate

(shameless, indeed )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'm not sure I'd go *this* far to support our beloved Blue Devils:

Satan Rimmed Glasses

• 4.2% ABV

• DSSOLVR

• Asheville, NC

A day late for Virtual Pub, but had 2019 BBA Silent Night last night. Strong Cat 3 beer. The bourbon influences felt a little more restrained than in some BBA imperial stouts, but I haven’t done a side-by-side in a while, so I could just be making that up. Terrific beverage from Mother Earth.
    You’ve inspired me to put one of my two bottles of Silent Night in the fridge for consumption tonight. Review to follow. I’m sure it is fantastic, and thank you Fuse for making it part of our ticket exchange/barter.

New NC Beer Alert

Just read that Foothills has released their first new year round offering in over two years called Festival Express Juicy IPA. It is only on tap at the brewery for now, but should be in stores soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Just read that Foothills has released their first new year round offering in over two years called Festival Express Juicy IPA. It is only on tap at the brewery for now, but should be in stores soon.
    I got earlier info on this from one of the owners, whom I know. They intend to target festivals for distribution. If it’s as good as their Craft Happiness IPA series, it will be a hit.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I got earlier info on this from one of the owners, whom I know. They intend to target festivals for distribution. If it’s as good as their Craft Happiness IPA series, it will be a hit.
    Nice, agreed. All of the Craft Happiness IPAs I've had have been excellent. Can't wait to try this one.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This may be fuse's favorite BBA imperial stout and it's probably in my top 3. A great beer indeed.
    Silent Night Imperial Stout, ale aged in oak bourbon barrels. 9% abv. Hint of chocolate and molasses, bourbon but not overwhelming. Pours dark brown, thinner than some. Advertised as coffee flavor but I didn’t get any, and that’s a good thing. This is one of a few stouts that I actually like better before it warmed. Definitely cat 3, not as good as Goose Island, but in the ballpark. Thanks fuse, will let the 2nd bottle age a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Silent Night Imperial Stout, ale aged in oak bourbon barrels. 9% abv. Hint of chocolate and molasses, bourbon but not overwhelming. Pours dark brown, thinner than some. Advertised as coffee flavor but I didn’t get any, and that’s a good thing. This is one of a few stouts that I actually like better before it warmed. Definitely cat 3, not as good as Goose Island, but in the ballpark. Thanks fuse, will let the 2nd bottle age a bit.
    Glad you enjoyed it; doesn’t matter since one is gone, one was a 2018, and the other a 2019.

Good tip. Will be on the lookout for it.

Collaboration Without Representation released today on draft and/or cans at Bottle Rev Raleigh. Members include:

Original
    Original 2019*
    Double Coffee
    Port
    Peach Brandy*
    Cinnamon Whiskey*
    Maple
    Red wine

*draft only

Great stuff, even if it's from Johnston County...

Collaboration Without Representation Peach Brandy Barrel (draft)-Deep River Brewing Company

Qualifies as local!

Credit-paying close attention to my Bottle Revolution emails
    Format-half pint draft
    Style-peach brandy barrel aged flavored imperial milk stout (two days late for thedukelamere version of Virtual Pub)
    Appearance-onyx; no head
    Nose-cognitive dissonance (peach booze, coffee, dark chocolate; oh my!)
    Tastes-semisweet chocolate; burnt caramel; espresso; peach brandy; molasses
    Adjuncts-coffee and cocoa nibs
    IBU-50 to 60
    ABV-12.8%
    Overall impression-quite an interesting and tasty variant to their usual coffee/cocoa/BBA annual release
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; looking forward to the original and 3 other variants I bought tonight, all of which say "aged in bourbon barrels"

Collaboration Without Representation Cinnamon Whiskey (draft)-Deep River Brewing Company

Still repping local!

Credit-astute observation
    Format-2 ounce taster
    Style-spiced, barrel aged imperial milk stout
    Appearance-ebony; thin, tan head
    Nose-cinnamon, booze and coffee
    Mouthfeel-smooth
    Tastes-a whiskey soaked cinnamon chocolate donut washed down with a cup of strong coffee
    Adjuncts-cocoa nibs, coffee and an extra shake of cinnamon
    IBU-50 to 60 something
    ABV-12.8%
    Overall impression-less sweet than the peach brandy barrel variant; an excellent change of pace
    Ymm Beer rating-low/mid cat 3; I'd buy a can or three of this but it's draft only

The Abyss Brandy Barrel Aged-Deschutes Brewery

Far removed from local; 2 days late for the dukelamere version of Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub as I ran out of hepatocytes

Credit-might have been a trader a year ago with the Falls Village Wine and Beer owner
    Format-bomber (took me 3 nights to finish this one )
    Bottled on-12/09/16
    Style-flavored and barrel aged imperial stout
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-Pennzoil (don't think UP or PSU ); thin, tan head
    Nose-dark chocolate, brandy, molasses
    Mouthfeel-almost oily
    Tastes-booze, molasses, multiple dried, dark fruits, licorice, vanilla
    Adjuncts-black strap molasses, licorice, cherry bark, whole vanilla beans
    IBU-maybe 60
    ABV-13.3%; poorly disguised
    Overall impression-if they toned down the licorice a bit, it'd be world class; barrel aging and cellaring has mellowed this nicely
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid cat 3; see above

Thanks for the alert! Both my wife and I love Foothills and juicy IPAs. She may get to try it first because she works in Winston-Salem.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Thanks for the alert! Both my wife and I love Foothills and juicy IPAs. She may get to try it first because she works in Winston-Salem.
    I saw on Stella's Instagram account that Stella has received a shipment of this (in cans).

I saw on Stella's Instagram account that Stella has received a shipment of this (in cans).
    I would love for her to pick some up (I just sent her a text). But that would add thirty minutes to her drive to Greensboro, and I doubt she will. Can't blame her. Maybe it's time to dine at the Fourth St. location this weekend, hopefully they'll have it there.

Edit: She has a friend at work who lives near Stella, fingers crossed. Thanks for the tip!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

I would love for her to pick some up (I just sent her a text). But that would add thirty minutes to her drive to Greensboro, and I doubt she will. Can't blame her. Maybe it's time to dine at the Fourth St. location this weekend, hopefully they'll have it there.

Edit: She has a friend at work who lives near Stella, fingers crossed. Thanks for the tip!
    They should have it on draft at the Fourth St. pub. Bear in mind that this weekend is the 2020 Sexual Chocolate release, as well. That's either good (Ymm, Beer!) or bad (Ycch, Crowds!).

Finally, some more good posts on Ymm, Beer and no discussion about condiments.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Finally, some more good posts on Ymm, Beer and no discussion about condiments.
    No dirty talk, Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    No dirty talk, Doc.
    Of course not, that's on the Fitness Thread...