Page 962 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4628629129529609619629639649721012106214621962 ... LastLast
Results 19,221 to 19,240 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.themanual.com/food-and-d...r-snake-venom/

Any takers for the latest world’s strongest beer?
    Sounds/looks like vodka .

Or maybe rocket fuel.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Dang. All I can say is I want a can.
    We got pizza on points, including Wild Bulls delivering breakfast pizza at 4am.

Actually I can say one more thing, which it was a big milestone reunion this past week for my class, and at least for the circles I moved in, was a perfect Gen X no show of apathy. We never even made it to campus once.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'll check to see if our friend has any left. She didn't like the IPA bitterness. I suspect she only bought one.
    She lives down east, said, "No," but quoted this to me from this AM:

"They tell me that there are still a few cases of the stuff left for pickup at Fullsteam in Durham."

You live closer than I do...
    Follow-up from our friend: "If you need a contact from the class of 1984, send me a PM, and I can put the two of you in touch with each other so that they can know who to expect for the pick-up."

whistle.gif

There’s no beer advocate or ratebeer list for this...best beer with breakfast food?

Gizmo Yeah, Toast
    Fullsteam Coffee is for Closers
    Hatchet Coffee Porter

generically any BBA stout

Mother Earth Silent Night

The eponymous Founders Kentucky, Canada, and “regular” breakfast stout

Could probably throw New Glarus Raspberry Tart and Belgian Red.

Delirium Tremens
    Orval
    Duvel

Having breakfast for dinner tonight and making myself thirsty just typing this list.
    No Donut Skillet??
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Let me know should you taste the Earl Grey tea. My taste buds usually just tell me 'go' or 'no go'. Fonta Flora has an impressively long list of beers they have made, now and then.
    I get the coriander easily. *Knowing* that there is Earl Grey in it, I can *maybe* pick out undertones. Without that information, I'd have never guessed it was part of the mix.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Follow-up from our friend: "If you need a contact from the class of 1984, send me a PM, and I can put the two of you in touch with each other so that they can know who to expect for the pick-up."

whistle.gif
    So when am I picking it up?

I'll send her that PM tonight and let you know tomorrow hopefully. Yea, it's kind of crazietalk...

Last night’s local spotlight included Coffee is for Closers, and Trophy Wife.

Both went great with egg casserole.

No reply yet this AM. Will keep you apprised.

Note to davec:

Doesn't look like we'll get to the area until about 4 PM to catch the last part of the rehearsal, have dinner and then attend "learn with the conductor," required attendance for the family .

Therefore, no 450 North or ZwanzigZ visits.

I *may* try to grab a howler from ZwanzigZ as I think we drive very close to the brewery and pizzeria on our way to the concert.

Attributed to the Love Ninja this evening:

“Brueprint ought to call their Coconut Lime Sour ‘Aruba’, because it reminds menof when we were there.”

Worth repeating:

Raspberry Tart (2018)-New Glarus Brewing Company

One of only three beers Mrs. dd will drink and I *graciously* shared half a 12 ounce bottle with her this evening. Well, perhaps not that graciously but there were no fisticuffs.

Once again, easily understood why this is #2 on beeradvocate's top 100 fruit beer list. It remains superb. Sweet, tart/sour, effervescent, fruity. woody and tantalizing.

My NG beer mule has changed jobs effective mid-January so I'm not sure if/how/when I'll see any more NG products.

20.gif

Worth repeating, part 2:

Wild Sour Ale (2018)-New Glarus Brewing Company

This is *not* a beer Mrs. dd likes (she did humor me with a small sip) so 11.5 ounces all for me!

I don't think much has changed from last fall when I think I purchased this on a beer, err, Duke football trip to the Northwestern game.

I think this rivals any Belgian sour with its acetic nose, and puckery, woody mouthfeel of sour berries and cherries, but not anywhere near the sourness of a Destihl product.

Highly recommended if you visit Wisconsin or worth a trip from the Chicago area to pick up an assortment of NG products.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...mpression=true

Very intriguing. Will be keeping an eye out for Suncrush.

Last of my Ohio gifted beers. Another exceptional beer from Jenny O's. Black Maple. Imperial porter brewed with maple syrup and aged in bourbon barrels. A little malty but some smokiness, sweet from the maple and a bourbon finish. From 2018, 11%. Really smooth. Just another great beer. I'm planning a trip to Ohio , the beers are that good.

I can pick some up, not sure how it ages. I'll be at Hardywood tomorrow because, well, because it's Friday, and its Hardywood.

Interesting discovery from the article:

"Eric McKay and Patrick Murtaugh, the founders of Richmond, Virginia-based Hardywood Park Craft Brewery started the Suncrush brand."

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Last of my Ohio gifted beers. Another exceptional beer from Jenny O's. Black Maple. Imperial porter brewed with maple syrup and aged in bourbon barrels. A little malty but some smokiness, sweet from the maple and a bourbon finish. From 2018, 11%. Really smooth. Just another great beer. I'm planning a trip to Ohio , the beers are that good.
    Hmm, we'll be in Columbus on Sunday afternoon and leave Monday AM. Most coincidentally, our son has a "trip" planned to Kenny Road Market, less than a mile from his house, and they just happen to have about 8 aisles and 3 coolers full of beers at what is really best described as a "convenience store."

Beer cocktail from last PM:

Raspberry Tart and Wild Sour Ale (both 2018)-New Glarus Brewing Company

Take equal part of each, pour into a cocktail glass, sip and enjoy.

Tasted like a raspberry-cherry lemonade that was a bit "light" on the sugar. A pleasantly tart, yet somewhat sweet concoction that would pair well with a plate of fresh fruits.

Note to davec:

Doesn't look like we'll get to the area until about 4 PM to catch the last part of the rehearsal, have dinner and then attend "learn with the conductor," required attendance for the family .

Therefore, no 450 North or ZwanzigZ visits.

I *may* try to grab a howler from ZwanzigZ as I think we drive very close to the brewery and pizzeria on our way to the concert.
    I am happy to pick up something from 450 North if you would like. They usually have some stuff available in cans, or I could snag you a growler or six.

Hardywood Virginia Blackberry

A nose of vinegar and wet hay.

A nice sour blackberry fruit pop up front that finishes like a wheated belgian tripel.

Quite a nice sipper on a rainy afternoon.