Page 1701 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 701120116011651169116991700170117021703171117511801 ... LastLast
Results 34,001 to 34,020 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

It’s upper 60’s, but still 2020’s first First Frost ...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    One of the few good things to come out of 2020, I guess.
    Mas Agave Lime was pretty good, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Rather lofty number for me with 9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    It’s upper 60’s, but still 2020’s first First Frost ...
    Looks like I liked the brandy barrel-aged version of this from 2016 a bit more than the regular version"

"15 month Reserve: First Frost

This is another beer from their Forager series that starts as a Belgian style quad to which a local persimmon harvest/foraging is added, fermented with a Belgian yeast and then aged for 15 months in brandy barrels. Golden-amber color with table syrup-y/brown sugary aromas and orange-peachy tastes along with some naturally occurring spiciness from the persimmons. Moderate booziness as evidenced by its 12% ABV and brandy barrel aging and low IBUs at 26. Another dangerously sippable high gravity ale. I had 2 ounces but certainly worth a six buck 10-12 ounce tulip but brewery availability only."

New Glarus Raspberry Tart
    😢😁

I am reasonably confident for at least the last five years I’ve been able to celebrate Thanksgiving with a glass of Serendipity, Belgian Red, or Raspberry Tart. Maybe some years more than one.

That would not be possible without the Ymm, Beer community, and specifically devildeac.

Grateful for all my Ymm, Beer friends on this Thanksgiving.

Be safe, be well, I am thankful for each of you.

Skol! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Looks like I liked the brandy barrel-aged version of this from 2016 a bit more than the regular version"

"15 month Reserve: First Frost

This is another beer from their Forager series that starts as a Belgian style quad to which a local persimmon harvest/foraging is added, fermented with a Belgian yeast and then aged for 15 months in brandy barrels. Golden-amber color with table syrup-y/brown sugary aromas and orange-peachy tastes along with some naturally occurring spiciness from the persimmons. Moderate booziness as evidenced by its 12% ABV and brandy barrel aging and low IBUs at 26. Another dangerously sippable high gravity ale. I had 2 ounces but certainly worth a six buck 10-12 ounce tulip but brewery availability only."
    The 2020 regular version is pretty doggone good. Just the right amount of sweetness. And I love a good Belgian dark strong. This is definitely worth grabbing if you come across some.

😢😁

I am reasonably confident for at least the last five years I’ve been able to celebrate Thanksgiving with a glass of Serendipity, Belgian Red, or Raspberry Tart. Maybe some years more than one.

That would not be possible without the Ymm, Beer community, and specifically devildeac.

Skol! 🍻
    The inventory of Belgian Red has decreased from 16 to 14. And Ymm Beer deserves all the credit. This thread is terrific, and I am grateful for it. Hope all the denizens here had a great Thanksgiving.

😢😁

Skol! 🍻
    Always happy to help. A bottle each of Raspberry Tart, Belgian Red and Nectar will be journeying with us to the NC mountains tomorrow for our delayed Thanksgiving dinner. Accompanying them will be a Vasen guava and passion fruit beer, a Fiddlin Fish fruited sour and a 2019 Bourbon County to celebrate the occasion *and* the release ot the 2020 version and variants.

The 2020 regular version is pretty doggone good. Just the right amount of sweetness. And I love a good Belgian dark strong. This is definitely worth grabbing if you come across some.
    Grabbed a 4 pack of First Frost at Total William yesterday based on past tastings and RJ199's review of this year's edition. Looking forward to it.

The inventory of Belgian Red has decreased from 16 to 14. And Ymm Beer deserves all the credit. This thread is terrific, and I am grateful for it. Hope all the denizens here had a great Thanksgiving.
    Made two trips to the hospital today, one for a follow up visit and one for a consult; both pretty routine. Hopefully, a quiet night and a 930ish departure tomorrow AM for some deep-fried turkey and a buncha sides in the NC mountains. Nobody wants dessert so the New Glarus assembly, a Vasen, a Fiddlin Fish and a Bourbon County Stout will have to suffice for Friday and Saturday; shared 3-4 ways, of course.

Grabbed a 4 pack of First Frost at Total William yesterday based on past tastings and RJ199's review of this year's edition. Looking forward to it.
    I think you’ll enjoy it. As much as I did. Because, well....

No beer this AM. Mountains calling. Beer later today and tomorrow.

No beer this AM. Mountains calling. Beer later today and tomorrow.
    Guess I know what WMB IPA you’ll be opening today ....

Rather lofty number for me with 9/12.
    Well, if anyone wants to try that Basic City - Our Daily Pils - it's available to-go at their RVA taproom (right next door to Legend!) It's 9.99 for a 6'er. I'd be more than willing to pick some up to send down next time.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Always happy to help. A bottle each of Raspberry Tart, Belgian Red and Nectar will be journeying with us to the NC mountains tomorrow for our delayed Thanksgiving dinner. Accompanying them will be a Vasen guava and passion fruit beer, a Fiddlin Fish fruited sour and a 2019 Bourbon County to celebrate the occasion *and* the release ot the 2020 version and variants.
    Glad to see you got some VA beer representin' with the WI and NC! I might have to give that Vasen Guava a try sometime. If still available.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Guess I know what WMB IPA you’ll be opening today ...
    Ha! Didn't get that one this week but it was available. I chose a sour IPA but left that at home and brought some "older" brews instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Well, if anyone wants to try that Basic City - Our Daily Pils - it's available to-go at their RVA taproom (right next door to Legend!) It's 9.99 for a 6'er. I'd be more than willing to pick some up to send down next time.
    Good price! I'll take a 6er and cross another beer off someone else's list.

No weather report but beer is on the horizon.

Even in NJ the search goes on. Limited to 2 Goose Island 2020 regulars, plus the caramela wheat wine variant and the Texas fog variant. Picked up the 2019 cherry variant for $ 13.99. Also the Troeg’s Grand Cru.