Page 1138 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 138638103810881128113611371138113911401148118812381638 ... LastLast
Results 22,741 to 22,760 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

A friend brought over a crowler of Legend Black Lager from Richmond for Thanksgiving.

Stunningly good. A remarkable blend of chocolate and rich roasty notes, with an exceptionally clean finish.

Definitely worth getting if you have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You're welcome. Again.

I think I had a can or two of this a couple years ago and am now greatly looking forward to my serving this weekend.
    I'm interested to hear your take. It's not a Wow DIPA like those you'll taste from Burial. I agree with Tripping, it just tastes solid with fairly standard IPA flavors. But it's really well made and delicious hops/flavors look, feel, taste, balance, and aroma. So Category 3 for me, but for different reasons than the other Category 3 DIPA's I've had. Not that it matters. Bottom line, it's very good and you will enjoy it. Cheers!

#4 from the Southport bottle shops.

Rogue Rouge Brut IPA. Named for a frequent misspelling of the brewery, this is brewed with a dash of Pinot Noir juice. That addition gives this just a hint of pink to the otherwise orange’ish hue. Nice and dry, as to be expected from a brut. A hint of the wine rounds it out. Only 25 IBU’s, low for an IPA, but the hops give it good structure. 7.1% ABV. Great with a turkey and brie sammich. Cat 2.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Rogue Rouge Brut IPA. Named for a frequent misspelling of the brewery, this is brewed with a dash of Pinot Noir juice. That addition gives this just a hint of pink to the otherwise orange’ish hue. Nice and dry, as to be expected from a brut. A hint of the wine rounds it out. Only 25 IBU’s, low for an IPA, but the hops give it good structure. 7.1% ABV. Great with a turkey and brie sammich. Cat 2.
    Haven't had many Rogue ales in the last decade or so. May have to revisit their Hazelnut Brown Ale, a favorite for a long time.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Will be at the Miami game and have Veil-Toof Ache, Veil -Hornswoggler, Vasen -Velvet Walrus and some Alaskan Brewery beers. And a Zaftig BBA Nuts for You. Hoping to get some extra attendees to show...even for just some beer.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Will be at the Miami game and have Veil-Toof Ache, Veil -Hornswoggler, Vasen -Velvet Walrus and some Alaskan Brewery beers. And a Zaftig BBA Nuts for You. Hoping to get some extra attendees to show...even for just some beer.
    We'll be there. Beers sound outrageous. Safe travels.

#5 (of 6) from Southport bottle shop

Allagash Two Lights. A beer brewed in Sauvignon Blanc barrels, with lager and champagne yeasts. Bright yellow pour. Almost no head. Tastes a bit like Allagash White, but with a kick from the grape-related pieces. A really interesting beer. Would be a really nice summer sipper. Solid Cat 2.

We'll be there. Beers sound outrageous. Safe travels.
    Of course it looks like rain? Any local update?

What’s better than leftovers the day after Thanksgiving?

Why a DBR meetup of course!

Enjoyed sipping some very fine libations at Bond Brothers with mattman, amused cupcake and the love ninja.

Fun times at a great brewery with even better company.🍻

Last but not least

Benediktiner Festbier. I am a complete German beer novice, so I took a flyer on this. Pours a beautiful gold color. Initial taste is super-yeasty, but then becomes sweeter. A smidgen of banana, and a smidgen of spice. 5.8% ABV and ultra-easy drinking. Another Cat 2 do-again. And maybe a trip back to that bottle shop on the way home (if only for more of that plum/lavender gose...).

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Of course it looks like rain? Any local update?
    As of this minute, it look like temperatures of 47-48 degrees from 1000 to 1900 hours with 40-60% chance of rain during those hours. We'll be at the tent shortly after 1300, hungry and thirsty and wearing rain gear. I'm guessing we won't be in WW more than a half.

Allagash Two Lights. A beer brewed in Sauvignon Blanc barrels, with lager and champagne yeasts. Bright yellow pour. Almost no head. Tastes a bit like Allagash White, but with a kick from the grape-related pieces. A really interesting beer. Would be a really nice summer sipper. Solid Cat 2.
    Wow. I'd bet fuse didn't even see that one at the brewery this summer .

From 10/16/16:

Malty by Nature-Southern Pines Brewing Company

The last of the September beer club litter of cans, labeled a Scottish-style export ale (), wasn't much of a kilt-lifter for me. Pour was a dark amber with some dark caramel and over-toasted wheat bread as lead-off hitters, followed by the same with a bit of peat/smoke and earthy/herbal hops. IBUs of 18 and ABV was 5.1%. Burgers, ribs, brisket or stew would make nice pairings with this but overall, I thought it a bit thin/weak for the style, much as Tripping William suggests above or, as fuse has mentioned in the past, more of a "meh, beer."
    From last PM:

Malty by Nature-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Second beer from November's beer club 4 pack

Average/decent. Doesn't appear to have changed much in 3+ years. Lower shelf cat 2 brew.

But from devildeac instead: Seventh Son Proliferous DIPA. Ended up as a golf cart beer, so no pour/color/head info. Really good balance between citrus and hops. More juicy than I would have guessed for an 85 IBU beer. Also relatively easy-drinking for an 8.1% ABV beer. Super-solid Cat 2. Am thankful that devildeac was willing to share. Yummy Ohio juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Proliferous - Seventh Son Brewing - DIPA - 8.2 % - 85 IBU

Pour - Clear, golden with orange hue and light bubbles rising. 1.5 finger head that stays a good long while. It smells gorgeously fresh Mosaic hoppy.

This is just an outstanding DIPA. Fresh Mosaic hops bomb in such a great way. I agree the IBU's are misleading (or probably I just don't understand what they mean). Because this beer is beautifully hoppy, but not really bitter for me. Mosaic hops intermingle with fresh juicy grapefruit and a nice touch of light pine. It starts off with sweet malt, juicy grapefruit middle to a dry finish. The Mosaic is so prominent it's still there on the finish.

This is a very well-made DIPA. Category 3 for Me. Maybe I just really like Mosaic. This one is recommended and worth seeking out. Thanks Devildeac!
    Proliferous-Seventh Son Brewing

Bought locally (Columbus, OH) and delivered lovingly earlier this month from our son.

Pint can of this IIPA poured a light copper color with a moderate, fluffy head. Initial scents of grapefruit that quickly became resin-y and piney to match those tastes. The citrus/tropical flavors were mostly rind-y and not very juicy and overshadowed by the pine/resin sensations. There was some malty/grainy sweetness but this was a hop bomb of old with IBUs at 85 and ABV at 8.3% so I would have suspected a more balanced brew but it wasn't. I still think this was a well-brewed beverage but I've evolved toward preferring more fruity IPAs and IIPAs but also think this would pair well with hot/spicy cuisine.
    I've changed my mind a bit.

Proliferous-Seventh Son Brewing Company

Credit-yes, with my Visa card
    Format-12 ounce can
    Freshness-canned on 10/24/2019
    Style-DIPA
    Appearance-light gold with a foamy head
    Nose-grapefruit zest/rind and juice; piney
    Mouthfeel-slightly bracing
    Tastes-this time, juice>rind>pine; mild honey/caramel finish
    Overall impression-I liked this a fair amount more this time than almost 1.5 years ago; this can may have been a fresher pour
    Ymm, Beer rating-top part of cat 2 in a crowded field; very happy I bought the 6 pack to share; it'll be fuse's turn soon...

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2019

Question for the beer commentariat: Are we allowed to discuss this beer any more? They were one of the first craft breweries to sell out to the man, so I was not sure if they fall into the "breweries who shall not be named" category. On a related note, I picked up four bottles yesterday - two regular, the mon cheri, and the cafe de olla. Have not cracked any yet, but will report back if it's allowed...

Wow. I'd bet fuse didn't even see that one at the brewery this summer .
    This may have been sampled at the brewery on draft iirc; was not available in bottles or cans when we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Question for the beer commentariat: Are we allowed to discuss this beer any more? They were one of the first craft breweries to sell out to the man, so I was not sure if they fall into the "breweries who shall not be named" category. On a related note, I picked up four bottles yesterday - two regular, the mon cheri, and the cafe de olla. Have not cracked any yet, but will report back if it's allowed...
    My opinion only; you are welcome to share your review of whatever is in your hand. Always interested in reading reviews and learning from others.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Yes and hell, yes. Always interested to read about this beer and any of its variants. I'm cellaring 1 bottle of the 2017 original, 2 of the 2018 original and 1 of the 2018 orange variant. Two of the above four belong to younger son-in-law and will be poured when they visit after Christmas. Two are mine and will likely be shared before Christmas when our son visits. I may be late but will do a bit of shopping tonight or tomorrow for the 2019 version and any variants that were reportedly released yesterday.

What’s the word for way beyond skeptical? 🤔

https://www.getsobars.com/

Claims the high protein bar is formulated to keep you sober longer by delaying alcohol absorption. Based on a 21 person study. 🙄😂

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    What’s the word for way beyond skeptical? 🤔

https://www.getsobars.com/

Claims the high protein bar is formulated to keep you sober longer by delaying alcohol absorption. Based on a 21 person study. 🙄😂
    Nice find but not interested. Why not? Because none of them are barrel-aged .