Page 839 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 33973978982983783883984084184988993913391839 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,780 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

A 6er of Foothills' Tangled Vine Berry Rose (grocery store beer at Harris Teeter for $8, regularly $11!) sits in the beer fridge now because Tripping William and fuse suggested it right here on this very thread. Looking forward to one soon.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Funguys Brewing Wicked Fog

NEIPA 6.2% ABV

Keep Cold, Drink Fresh
    Dated 5/15 and bought off a shelf, not a cooler. Oops.

Obligatory intro.

Mushroom walks into a bar.
    Bartender says “you need to leave, we don’t serve your kind here.”
    Mushroom responds “Why not? I’m just a fun guy (fungi)”

Ba da bum ching!!!

Pours hazy with no head, seems flat.

Excellent pineapple and orange nose.

A bit thin- par for the course for an emerging brewery.

Since haze hides a lot of flaws, maybe a good choice.

Not a bad beer, I can think of a lot better local NEIPA examples.

Let’s see if Funguys Brewing is in business a year from now and blossoms like Brueprint has.

I would not suggest avoiding. I would suggest trying with low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A 6er of Foothills' Tangled Vine Berry Rose (grocery store beer at Harris Teeter for $8, regularly $11!) sits in the beer fridge now because Tripping William and fuse suggested it right here on this very thread. Looking forward to one soon.
    Hope you enjoy. I recently saw their Oktoberfest in stores for the first time this year. And so it begins...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Batch 024: Keyser Gose-Nowhere in Particular (brewed by Rivertown Brewing Company)

Imbibe locally (when you son purchases in his town/state of residence and delivers to you)

An imperial gose. You don't find many of these. And they warn you on their website:

"Gose's are perfect for summer, quenching, tart, and drinkable. There is just one problem, its really hard to drink brews that light and get the desired drunken results. Well friends, worry no longer! This big imperial version of the gose will tick all those boxes! Slightly tart, a little salty, really drinkable, and just a hint of sweetness, this beer will give you a big kiss and trip you while you're not looking. Get out on the river, hike a bit, enjoy the weather and throw back some of these beasts, cause even if you don't remember it you won't regret it. And don't forget to drink promiscuously!

Kinda like DBR's reputation points philosophy of spork promiscuously .

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass. Color was light, yellow-straw. Quite fizzy but not for long. Salty, briny nose with a hint of spice (coriander added). Tastes like a slightly salty, lemon-lime seltzer with a kick. Sevens are wild here with IBUs of 7 and ABV 7%, earning its designation of an imperial gose. Was pretty tasty with a pimento cheese sandwich and side Caesar salad for a late dinner this evening. Not on the Westbrook Key Lime Pie Gose (not many are) but this was excellent. Three remain from the 4 pack...

Batch 024: Keyser Gose-Nowhere in Particular (brewed by Rivertown Brewing Company)

Imbibe locally (when you son purchases in his town/state of residence and delivers to you)

An imperial gose. You don't find many of these. And they warn you on their website:

"Gose's are perfect for summer, quenching, tart, and drinkable. There is just one problem, its really hard to drink brews that light and get the desired drunken results. Well friends, worry no longer! This big imperial version of the gose will tick all those boxes! Slightly tart, a little salty, really drinkable, and just a hint of sweetness, this beer will give you a big kiss and trip you while you're not looking. Get out on the river, hike a bit, enjoy the weather and throw back some of these beasts, cause even if you don't remember it you won't regret it. And don't forget to drink promiscuously!

Kinda like DBR's reputation points philosophy of spork promiscuously .

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass. Color was light, yellow-straw. Quite fizzy but not for long. Salty, briny nose with a hint of spice (coriander added). Tastes like a slightly salty, lemon-lime seltzer with a kick. Sevens are wild here with IBUs of 7 and ABV 7%, earning its designation of an imperial gose. Was pretty tasty with a pimento cheese sandwich and side Caesar salad for a late dinner this evening. Not on the Westbrook Key Lime Pie Gose (not many are) but this was excellent. Three remain from the 4 pack...
    Not that I have been looking, I wondered when I’d see an imperial gose.

I’d certainly be willing to try one. Where I scratch my head is it really runs counter to the point.

A shandy, gose, berliner weisse, session IPA - the whole point is to enjoy the beer (or several) and not get schnockered.

I like a high gravity beer as much as anyone, and there was a time when high ABV big beers were the “it beer” of the moment.

Great review, it will be interesting to see if this is a trend or an outlier.

https://www.lagunitas.com/story/hopwater

Hop water is much better marketing than non-alcoholic beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Not that I have been looking, I wondered when I’d see an imperial gose.

I’d certainly be willing to try one. Where I scratch my head is it really runs counter to the point.

A shandy, gose, berliner weisse, session IPA - the whole point is to enjoy the beer (or several) and not get schnockered.

I like a high gravity beer as much as anyone, and there was a time when high ABV big beers were the “it beer” of the moment.

Great review, it will be interesting to see if this is a trend or an outlier.
    As I posted above, I've got 3 left. Let's chat.

Not that you should find this surprising but guess who also makes an imperial gose?

http://www.stbcbeer.com/beer/imperial-cherry-gose/

https://www.lagunitas.com/story/hopwater

Hop water is much better marketing than non-alcoholic beer.
    Fascinating read.

Outstanding stuff. Fuse informed me he was sorry I/we had missed Freedom of Speach. Maybe next year. I don't think I noticed it in either of the 2 stores we shopped for the League of Heroes. But, I was on a mission so I may have overlooked it unfortunately.
    Every year my buddy and I take the kids to the last midweek White Sox day game before school starts (cheap tix, plus we have the stadium to ourselves until their rebuild is complete), so we got to enjoy the new Revolution Brewing Tap Room in the left field bleachers yesterday. Pretty good selection; all the usual Revo beers (Anti-Hero, Fist City, Sun Crusher, etc), plus a handful of selections from Pipeworks Brewing (I had a Ninja vs. Unicorn-8% ABV Imperial IPA) and 18th Street (enjoyed their classic Sex and Candy- 7.5% IPA/Pale Ale). Combine that with Dollar Hot Dog Wednesdays? We were in heaven.

Then we saw the seasonal draft selection in the corner... Freedom of Speach was in the house. 20 oz draft for $10? I laughed every time the Bud guy came around selling 16oz cans for $9. Luckily my wife was there and could drive us home

Revo1.jpg

Sox2018.jpg

Moral of the story, catch a Sox game when you're in town. If not for the sub-par baseball, at least go for the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Every year my buddy and I take the kids to the last midweek White Sox day game before school starts (cheap tix, plus we have the stadium to ourselves until their rebuild is complete), so we got to enjoy the new Revolution Brewing Tap Room in the left field bleachers yesterday. Pretty good selection; all the usual Revo beers (Anti-Hero, Fist City, Sun Crusher, etc), plus a handful of selections from Pipeworks Brewing (I had a Ninja vs. Unicorn-8% ABV Imperial IPA) and 18th Street (enjoyed their classic Sex and Candy- 7.5% IPA/Pale Ale). Combine that with Dollar Hot Dog Wednesdays? We were in heaven.

Then we saw the seasonal draft selection in the corner... Freedom of Speach was in the house. 20 oz draft for $10? I laughed every time the Bud guy came around selling 16oz cans for $9. Luckily my wife was there and could drive us home

Revo1.jpg

Sox2018.jpg

Moral of the story, catch a Sox game when you're in town. If not for the sub-par baseball, at least go for the beer.
    Ha! Sounds like a great family and friends outing. We'll be in town from Sept 6-9 (Duke does play Northwestern on 9/8) but our son-in-law is a Cubs fan. He'd likely make us sleep in the alley if we told him we wanted to attend a Sox game. He does have an evening planned for us at the Revolution Taproom, IIRC.

Speaking of ball games, there are $1 hot dawgs, popcorn and sodas at the DBAP tonight and I heard JStuart is bringing a huge appetite.

Who is the brewery "on contract" now for them? Is it still Bull Durham?

One devildeac beer courier heads out today from Chicago to upstate Wisconsin, stopping in the Kenosha area. New Glarus beer finder indicates Strawberry Rhubarb and Wild Sour Ale are available just off I-94 at The Brat Stop (and not at Woodman's). Stay tuned.

Goo Goo Muck (bottom of can date 5/11/18 but still tasted fresh)-Seventh Son Brewing Company

Another high quality delivery from Columbus, OH two weeks ago from one of my vast array () of beer couriers.

Very pretty artwork on the half quart can of this "tart India pale ale."

Well, the ABV of 8% nudges this into the IIPA category so I'm able to say now that I've have my first sour/tart DIPA.

Pour was a minimally cloudy, yellow-bronze with a dense, frothy head that lingered throughout my 45 minute tasting last PM. The last 5-10 ml were even cloudier thinking they could market this as a NE-DIPA, too. Slight vinegar nose but lots of citrus and tropical notes. The flavors were a cornucopia of pineapple, mango, peach, tangerine, grapefruit and rinds without a clear "winner." I think the hops listed on the can are Simcoe, Palisade and Zythos, making sense with the complex aromas and flavors and adding up to 50 IBUs, so more tart/sour than bitter. Thoroughly enjoyable and different ale. I have 3 left from the 4 packs so..

Goo Goo Muck (bottom of can date 5/11/18 but still tasted fresh)-Seventh Son Brewing Company

Another high quality delivery from Columbus, OH two weeks ago from one of my vast array () of beer couriers.

Very pretty artwork on the half quart can of this "tart India pale ale."

Well, the ABV of 8% nudges this into the IIPA category so I'm able to say now that I've have my first sour/tart DIPA.

Pour was a minimally cloudy, yellow-bronze with a dense, frothy head that lingered throughout my 45 minute tasting last PM. The last 5-10 ml were even cloudier thinking they could market this as a NE-DIPA, too. Slight vinegar nose but lots of citrus and tropical notes. The flavors were a cornucopia of pineapple, mango, peach, tangerine, grapefruit and rinds without a clear "winner." I think the hops listed on the can are Simcoe, Palisade and Zythos, making sense with the complex aromas and flavors and adding up to 50 IBUs, so more tart/sour than bitter. Thoroughly enjoyable and different ale. I have 3 left from the 4 packs so..
    With a name like that I would have expected a sweet stout made with Goo Goo clusters...

With a name like that I would have expected a sweet stout made with Goo Goo clusters...
    Reasonable thinking.

Maybe you're thinking/wishing for Zee Count, the Sub Noir offering (not sure if they're still open near Lynnwood Brewing Concern) that's an imperial stout (I think) made with Count Chocula cereal.

Soooo, fuse, whaddaya think about those Lynnwood Brewing Concern beverages?

Soooo, fuse, whaddaya think about those Lynnwood Brewing Concern beverages?

I am impressed as a first time visitor with both the space and the beer.

I was SUPER excited to try Hubris, a gold GABF winner that apparently never gets very far from the taproom.

I think I’ve had a very small number of LBC beers, the most memorable being the Hop on Top IPA.

Hubris was a clear pour with a great nose and the absolute awesome balance of in your face hops.

Likely influenced my palate on the subsequent tastings.

Lynnwood Brewing Concern Drop Bear APA

All the juicy hops without the haze- mosaic, galaxy and El Dorado.

Super fruity, really enjoyable.

Lynnwood Brewing Violetta (?)

This is what happens when you don’t take notes.

A 500ml black currant sour.

A super bright neon purple.
    Sour nose, and I guess black current sweetness balancing the sour.

A nice way to end the tasting.

Ok, now fake news has gone too far...

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true