Page 497 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3974474874954964974984995075475979971497 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    Haven't really been keeping up with the thread lately, but just made it back from Maine and tried some of their brews. Seems like just about everything comes out of Portland. Anyways, had some Geary's Ale as well as some Shipyard Summer Ale. I thought both were very good for a nice refreshing summer brew-just a little bit of citrus and smooth. I also tried Gritty's Vacationland Summer Ale and wasn't too impressed. It was a little harsh going down. Overall I was pretty impressed with their selection-at least for the summertime.
    Did you visit/partake of Allagash and/or Maine Beer Company?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did you visit/partake of Allagash and/or Maine Beer Company?
    Alas, I did not as I only had 3.5 days there and one of them was day/overnight at Seguin Island Lighthouse. Oh, I also had a taste of Baxter's Stowaway IPA. Highly recommended. Very smooth, just slightly hoppy as you'd expect from an IPA. Very good with the lobstah. I think next time I go I'll make it a point to get to stay in Portland and check out the bar/brewery scene in the area.

I love me some Allagash White too...Speaking of Allagash White...My girlfriend can't stand it or any other wheat beer. It's funny that I used to think that I wanted a SO that liked the same kind of beer that I do so we could share in the experience. But I've found out that it's soooo much better to have different tastes so that you don't have to worry about him/her drinking all of it. So for you singles out there, make sure you find someone that doesn't like your beer!

Alas, I did not as I only had 3.5 days there and one of them was day/overnight at Seguin Island Lighthouse. Oh, I also had a taste of Baxter's Stowaway IPA. Highly recommended. Very smooth, just slightly hoppy as you'd expect from an IPA. Very good with the lobstah. I think next time I go I'll make it a point to get to stay in Portland and check out the bar/brewery scene in the area.

I love me some Allagash White too...Speaking of Allagash White...My girlfriend can't stand it or any other wheat beer. It's funny that I used to think that I wanted a SO that liked the same kind of beer that I do so we could share in the experience. But I've found out that it's soooo much better to have different tastes so that you don't have to worry about him/her drinking all of it. So for you singles out there, make sure you find someone that doesn't like your beer!
    I just noticed you live in Candler...very cool. I'm in Fletcher.

When you return to ME, send me a PM and I'll try to convince you to smuggle some brewery only Allagash products and/or some MBC ales back to NC.

I've got no problems w/my wife not liking beer (more for me) .

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I just noticed you live in Candler...very cool. I'm in Fletcher.
    Uh-oh. I smell a trip to Innovation Brewing on you'ze guyz agendas.

Uh-oh. I smell a trip to Innovation Brewing on you'ze guyz agendas.
    Or maybe the new brewery that is about to open on the north side of downtown, Habitat Brewing

Or maybe the new brewery that is about to open on the north side of downtown, Habitat Brewing
    http://www.habitatbrewing.com/

Mrs. dd just discovered Looking Glass Falls in Brevard and would like to visit sometime. Seeing how neither of us have ever visited Brevard, I agreed as we could easily do a little hiking and have our thirst quenched that afternoon/evening at a nearby craft-brewing establishment. Win-win.

Goose Island Matilda

Had a pint of this Belgian style during an interminable layover at O'Hare. Meh.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Mrs. dd just discovered Looking Glass Falls in Brevard and would like to visit sometime. Seeing how neither of us have ever visited Brevard, I agreed as we could easily do a little hiking and have our thirst quenched that afternoon/evening at a nearby craft-brewing establishment. Win-win.
    Were you reading my mind? Mrs. mattman and I are planning on hiking Looking Glass Falls Trail this Sunday. It is beautiful, btw. Be sure to stop by Brevard Brewing for a lager, then hit Ecusta Brewing for a pale ale, finish at Oskar Blues for a flight

Oh...and call me before you do any of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Had a pint of this Belgian style during an interminable layover at O'Hare. Meh.
    Disappointing to hear. I like Matilda, whether she's waltzing or not.

Wonder if InBev/AB tinkered with the recipe after buying Goose Island.

Were you reading my mind? Mrs. mattman and I are planning on hiking Looking Glass Falls Trail this Sunday. It is beautiful, btw. Be sure to stop by Brevard Brewing for a lager, then hit Ecusta Brewing for a pale ale, finish at Oskar Blues for a flight

Oh...and call me before you do any of it
    Won't be this weekend but it'll be on the agenda this fall or next spring.

Wait, Mrs. mattman . WTH?!?!

Won't be this weekend but it'll be on the agenda this fall or next spring.

Wait, Mrs. mattman . WTH?!?!
    Ha!

*amusedcupcake*

That is her DBR name.

Nothing to see here...

Ha!

*amusedcupcake*

That is her DBR name.

Nothing to see here...
    Well, where there's smoke, there's rauchbier...

Ha!

*amusedcupcake*

That is her DBR name.

Nothing to see here...
    Freudian slip?

ricks

Bring a bathing suit. After you go down Sliding Rock, it's a great way to beat the heat at the base of Looking Glass Falls. (I happen to have Polaroid pics of LGF from about 60 years ago, and others since then.)

ricks

Haven't really been keeping up with the thread lately, but just made it back from Maine and tried some of their brews. Seems like just about everything comes out of Portland. Anyways, had some Geary's Ale as well as some Shipyard Summer Ale. I thought both were very good for a nice refreshing summer brew-just a little bit of citrus and smooth. I also tried Gritty's Vacationland Summer Ale and wasn't too impressed. It was a little harsh going down. Overall I was pretty impressed with their selection-at least for the summertime.
    Of all the breweries I would have recommended in Maine, Shipyard and Geary's would have been toward the bottom.
    Not bad beer, just much better options.

I have a soft spot for Gritty McDuff's.

You note Baxter in another post. They brew some tasty beer.

Omie Blonde Ale-Four Saints Brewing

Drink local! (sort of)

Asheboro's newest (only?) brewery opened in May, 2015 after being in the planning stages since 2012 according to some of the articles on their site. "The beer is named after a Randolph County, NC historical figure, Naomi Wise. This beer echos her memory - favored by many, light in spirit, and deep in character."

I had a $2.50 eight ounce pour at Bottle Revolution after work today during a partial tap takeover. Pale a slightly hazy, yellow color with a modest, creamy head. Faint aromas of orange and flowers with tastes of the same with a bit of light caramel. No ingredients listed but I'd guess some Euro hops (Saaz, Tettnang perhaps) and lighter malts like Carapils, Pale and Two-row with some wheat, too. Light body too with 22 IBUs and 4.1% ABV so I could enjoy a second half pint.

Photo:

http://www.foursaintsbrewing.com/ima...hefeweizen.png

Green Monster-Four Saints Brewing

My second half pint of the evening, this one was $2.75. No relation to Fenway Park, but, then again, no info on their site. Listed as a dry hop sour, it had those characteristics. First, it took the beertendress about 10 minutes to pour off enough foam to get anywhere near my 8 ounce serving so I had several minutes to taste an ounce of Biere de Garde from Lost Abbey. I'd return for that one. Back to the pour, now that it's had a bit of time to defoam. Generous foamy, lacy head atop a hazy, pale straw color elixir. Smelled like lemon-lime juice, not soda, and tasted like a tart, unsweetened lemon-lime soda. Minimal bitterness but a moderate amount of pucker. I'll guess 10 IBU and the ABV is a miniscule/minuscule 3.5%.

This brewery's other offerings look rather extensive for a relatively new joint in a somewhat small NC town and I wish they had brought a couple more products I could have sampled without purchasing or committing to another half pint or three.

Not much to see here, learned a bit:

http://gearpatrol.com/2016/08/19/best-belgian-beers/

I've had 3, had heard of a few of the remaining six.

Wonder how many of these Bruisin Ales or Sam's has.