Page 1358 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 358858125813081348135613571358135913601368140814581858 ... LastLast
Results 27,141 to 27,160 of 42369

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #27141
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Monkís CafŤ Flemish Sour

    Wish I had had this for Belgian day. Pours a nice mahogany. Not overly sour. A hint of RC Cola. Really smooth and very flavorful. Solidly Cat 3.
    Cuvee Des Jaacobins Rouge - Flanders Red Sour Ale - 5.5% ABV - Belgium -

    Another DNP from Belgian night. Refreshing vinegary sour balanced gorgeously with oak-barrel aged vanilla and fruit. The bottle says stone fruit, coconut, cherries, apples. Sure. Beergoddess liked it and agreed that we couldn't discern all those flavors.

    Loved it. The strongest of Category 2. Beeradvocate says 96 - world class. (I dunno, tough to beat... New Glarus)

  2. #27142
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Cuvee Des Jaacobins Rouge - Flanders Red Sour Ale - 5.5% ABV - Belgium -

    Another DNP from Belgian night. Refreshing vinegary sour balanced gorgeously with oak-barrel aged vanilla and fruit. The bottle says stone fruit, coconut, cherries, apples. Sure. Beergoddess liked it and agreed that we couldn't discern all those flavors.

    Loved it. The strongest of Category 2. Beeradvocate says 96 - world class. (I dunno, tough to beat... New Glarus)
    The last DNP I have is the Trappistes Rochefort 10. Sounds like a Friday treat.
    ďThatís just, like, your opinion, man.Ē

  3. #27143
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Saison Dupont - Somewhere in Belgium (not in Bruges) - 6.5 %

    This just smells and tastes so Classically and refreshingly Belgian. The strongest of Category 2. Loved it. Buy and taste one if you haven't.

  4. #27144
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The last DNP I have is the Trappistes Rochefort 10. Sounds like a Friday treat.
    You won't be disappointed.

    Somehow I still have a Westmalle. It's a big bottle and for whatever reason those linger longer in my fridge. But it's going down Friday to make room for some New fruited Gems. Thanks for educating me on Belgians. They really set the standard on how good beer can be and still is.

  5. #27145
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You won't be disappointed.

    Somehow I still have a Westmalle. It's a big bottle and for whatever reason those linger longer in my fridge. But it's going down Friday to make room for some New fruited Gems. Thanks for educating me on Belgians. They really set the standard on how good beer can be and still is.
    Looking forward to learning about Milkshake IPAís thanks to killerleft!
    ďThatís just, like, your opinion, man.Ē

  6. #27146
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Iíll preface this by saying that I am not an IPA guy. At all. But tonight I gave Burialís Hawkbill IPA a shot. And I think I found a small slice of heaven. Very floral in the nose. Strong hints of citrus in the mouth. Not too bitter. Just 40 IBUs. I might have called it a hoppy Pilsner if hadnít known it was an IPA. I donít think this beer will convert me to an IPA fan. But I damn sure will be having more of this one.
    Burial has to be the #1 best brewery in NC.

    (Brewery Bhavana was previously in that conversation IMO, but they are very sadly dead and buried.)

  7. #27147
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sure did, itís a favorite.

    And the base of a great traditional Carbonnade Flamande (Flemish beef & beer) stew:


    https://www.oliviascuisine.com/the-w...and-beer-stew/
    Wait, you can cook with beer? Ida never thought that...

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #27148
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Working Manís Lunch and a Moon Pie, for example.
    Great. It's 11 PM, I'm on call and you make me hungry and thirsty...

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #27149
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Cuvee Des Jaacobins Rouge - Flanders Red Sour Ale - 5.5% ABV - Belgium -

    Another DNP from Belgian night. Refreshing vinegary sour balanced gorgeously with oak-barrel aged vanilla and fruit. The bottle says stone fruit, coconut, cherries, apples. Sure. Beergoddess liked it and agreed that we couldn't discern all those flavors.

    Loved it. The strongest of Category 2. Beeradvocate says 96 - world class. (I dunno, tough to beat... New Glarus)
    Speaking of New Glarus, have you heard any rumors originating in Chicago via Columbus and Raleigh?

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  10. #27150
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The last DNP I have is the Trappistes Rochefort 10. Sounds like a Friday treat.
    Yea, might not work for tomorrow which is National Corn on the Cob AND German Chocolate Cake Day. You'll see that thread/announcement in the AM.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #27151
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You won't be disappointed.

    Somehow I still have a Westmalle. It's a big bottle and for whatever reason those linger longer in my fridge. But it's going down Friday to make room for some New fruited Gems. Thanks for educating me on Belgians. They really set the standard on how good beer can be and still is.
    Whoa, settle down there, fella. Let's not get the Raspberries before the Cherries. Or something like that...

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #27152
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Sung to the tune of Wells Fargo Wagon from The Music Man:

    (with apologies to Meredith Willson)

    "Oh the New Glarus beermule is a coming down the street
    Oh please let it be for us
    Oh the New Glarus beermule is a coming down the street
    I wish I wish I knew what it could be..."

    More tomorrow night, I hope.

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  13. #27153
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Iíll preface this by saying that I am not an IPA guy. At all. But tonight I gave Burialís Hawkbill IPA a shot. And I think I found a small slice of heaven. Very floral in the nose. Strong hints of citrus in the mouth. Not too bitter. Just 40 IBUs. I might have called it a hoppy Pilsner if hadnít known it was an IPA. I donít think this beer will convert me to an IPA fan. But I damn sure will be having more of this one.
    You know, I felt the same way about IPAs. Then one night I tried Triple Crossing's Falcon Smash. I realized there can be a good IPA. To this day, still one of my faves.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  14. #27154
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    You know, I felt the same way about IPAs. Then one night I tried Triple Crossing's Falcon Smash. I realized there can be a good IPA. To this day, still one of my faves.
    I had high hopes the beer industry would ride the SMASH trend for years.

    Single Malt and Single Hop are a great way to hone in on what you like about beer.

  15. #27155
    Itís local and itís back - and now in cans! Ardentís Honey Ginger.

    Sampled by several here, itís a spiced ale brewed with locally sourced honey and fresh, hand-peeled ginger. A medium-bodied beer that pours a deep copper color, with a nice balance between mild honey sweetness and a spicy ginger bite in a refreshing summer seasonal.
    Cat 3.

    7.8% ABV ē 18 IBU. I picked the BBA version as my favorite, but this a go to ďregularĒ beer. $14 for a 12oz. four pack. My first two wonít last long. Canít wait until the fall for the BBA version.

    Tomorrow brings another Ardent - the big D.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 06-11-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Addition

  16. #27156
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From last summer:

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Falcon Smash (draft)-Triple Cross Brewing

    We're local!

    Twelve ounce pour with lunch of their "flagship" IPA. Appearance was hazy yellow with a small, creamy head. Lots of pineapple and grapefruit aromas with some orange, guava, strawberry and melon on the tastebuds. No fruits added and despite its American IPA claim, it tasted more like a NEIPA/West Coast IPA hybrid with some dankness from the Falconer's Flight dry hop brewing and "rotating hop varietals" in the tun, too. I'll guess IBUs about 60 with the stated ABV at 7%. Bartender really liked this brewery and I'd certainly have some of their other brews when visiting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    You know, I felt the same way about IPAs. Then one night I tried Triple Crossing's Falcon Smash. I realized there can be a good IPA. To this day, still one of my faves.
    Great minds and all that stuff .

    Almost a year later and I still have fond and tasty memories of that beer, even though I got the name of the brewery wrong.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #27157
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I had high hopes the beer industry would ride the SMASH trend for years.

    Single Malt and Single Hop are a great way to hone in on what you like about beer.
    Yea, sadly we had to drink lots and lots of beer and learn the "hard" way, tasting/discovering IPAs/IIPAs with Citra, Mosaic, Azzaca, Vic Secret, Galaxy and all those other new/hybrid/southern hemisphere hops.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #27158
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Itís local and itís back - and now in cans! Ardentís Honey Ginger.

    Sampled by several here, itís a spiced ale brewed with locally sourced honey and fresh, hand-peeled ginger. A medium-bodied beer that pours a deep copper color, with a nice balance between mild honey sweetness and a spicy ginger bite in a refreshing summer seasonal.
    Cat 3.

    7.8% ABV ē 18 IBU. I picked the BBA version as my favorite, but this a go to ďregularĒ beer. $14 for a 12oz. four pack. My first two wonít last long. Canít wait until the fall for the BBA version.

    Tomorrow brings another Ardent - the big D.
    Yea, that's really a wonderful "go to" beer.

    What's the big D?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #27159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    It appears I'll be picking up 600-800 New Glarus beers tomorrow night. That should set off some alarms.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #27160
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Looking forward to learning about Milkshake IPAís thanks to killerleft!
    They are, like, so tasty! I'm hoping to learn more, myself. Haven't found one I don't like yet. But I'm not the typical beer hound.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 12-11-2020, 10:59 AM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •