Page 1869 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 869136917691819185918671868186918701871187919191969 ... LastLast
Results 37,361 to 37,380 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Third from box #1

Bourbon Raspberry Truffle Stout 11.7% ABV
    Get ready to indulge! This beautiful blend of 18 month and 22 month Basil Hayden Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stouts is re-fermented on luscious Raspberry Puree. It is then conditioned on Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans and Toasted Coconut for the ultimate dessert beer.
    Has beergoddess yet reached the point where giving her one of these would exceed love points than giving her roses for Valentine's?

Probably not, but no reason she can't have roses and a beer like that to share

Ruse - picked up the 2019 version in the warehouse sale, and the 2021 version today too.

Patiently aged in red wine barrels, Hardywood Ruse unites port-like qualities with distinct dark chocolate and molasses characteristics, while oak and leather dominate the aromatics. Ruse offers a rich mouthfeel with a deceptively dry, tannic finish. 11.3% abv. 60 ibu’s, but I don’t believe that.

Awards

Bronze Medal, Specialty Beer/ Wood-Aged, Australian International Beer Awards 2017
    Bronze Medal, Wood- Ande Barrel-Aged Strong Stout, World Beer Cup 2016
    I believe I've had Trickery and Foolery, can't wait to try Ruse to complete the triumverate

Peanut Butter Cup Cassowary 11.0% ABV -

Fresh Cassowary is finished on cocoa nibs and peanut butter to create a rich and velvety dessert beer from a favorite classic pairing.
    You hit the jackpot today, and that Family Tree membership is worth every penny. I checked the Hardywood website general public sale and they've already sold out of almost all the beers you got through Family Tree

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Hardywood beer posts are always appreciated. They may just be my favorite brewery
    This got me thinking -

If you could only name 1, What is your favorite brewery?

It can be anywhere in the world.

My favorite used to be Brewery Bhavana. And it's tough because different breweries specialize in so many fun styles. Plus I love local favorites.

But as we all know, there has to be a #1 meaning there has to be a #2

Right now my favorite is Hardywood, but would love to hear about others and your picks

This got me thinking -

My favorite used to be Brewery Bhavana. And it's tough because different breweries specialize in so many fun styles. Plus I love local favorites.

Right now my favorite is Hardywood, but would love to hear about others and your picks
    A very, very difficult question. Need to think on this one. There are 3-4 candidates for me.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

This got me thinking -

Nooo! Don't make me choose!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Cousin Cru -

Style: Barleywine\Quad
    Container: 750ml
    Notes: 11 month aged Barleywine in Basil Hayden barrels blended with 11 month aged Belgian Quad in Basil Hayden barrels. (12.1%)

Great Uncle Cru -

Great Uncle Cru was the last batch of Bourbon Cru brewed at our Ownby location and it’s been barrel aging in Four Roses barrels for the past 24 months. 12.7%

Warm caramel and notes of raisin, plum, and fig.

Perennial Artisan Ales Pilsner

A St. Louis brewery about which I had never previously heard. Before heading into Stella on Tuesday, I asked Mrs. Tripping if she had any preferences. “A Pilsner,” she said, predictably. (Her beer tastes are, basically, “super light” or “really dark.”) I saw the big, bold “Pils” on the four-pack of cans. “Sold!,” said I. And here we are.

This was today’s from-the-can swing oils. It is the most “floral” Pils I have ever tasted. In a really good way. It’s light, and has a bit of bite, but also a complexity that I usually don’t see in this style. I wanna revisit, but from a glass. Thankfully I have three more (and Mrs. Tripping isn’t really drinking much beer lately).

Good stuff.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Woodford Reserve Apple Jack Barrel Aged Imperial Milk Stout

This beer is all about the barrel and for good reason. After aging for 15 months in Woodford Reserve apple brandy barrels, this full bodied milk stout is filled to its (apple) core with notes of warm vanilla, sweet apple, and dark chocolate. Family Tree exclusive. 10.5%.

Cinnamon Toast Trickery -

This journey begins with select barrels aged with apple brandy at Laird's apple brandy distillery. After emptying the barrels of apple brandy, we introduce the bold flavors of our imperial milk stout that lies in wait for 13 months. After Trickery is born, we condition on bourbon Madagascar vanilla beans and Vietnamese cinnamon. Family Tree exclusive. 13.5%

Who Ya Gunna Call -

Russian Imperial Stout aged in Basil Hayden Bourbon Barrels matured on vanilla beans, toasted coconut, and toasted marshmallows. 10.5%

German Chocolate Coffee Cake Foolery

12 month aged Foolery in A. Smith Bowman's bourbon barrels unified with all the elements of a slice of German chocolate cake and a hot cup of coffee. Family Tree exclusive. 13.2%

#BIL

We take our classic barleywine and boil it for four hours in the kettle to carmelize malt sugars into a rich malt with dark fruit aroma and flavor. We then age it in Basil Hayden bourbon barrels for 16 months to provide smooth barrel characteristics like oak and vanilla. Family Tree exclusive. 12.5%

"That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Casuario

What's that over there? A mischievous Casuario lurking in the weeds with an overturned barrel full of Foolery. It must have been here waiting for a full 20 months! Conditioned on guajillo peppers, Vietnamese cinnamon, cocoa nibs, and Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans, this is truly a magnificent discovery. Family Tree exclusive. 12.3%

Hardywood beer posts are always appreciated. They may just be my favorite brewery
    But, what is your favorite beer?

(that's a slow, hanging curve ball about waist high over the center of the plate and I'm testing you to see if you're able to knock it outta the park...)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    A very, very difficult question. Need to think on this one. There are 3-4 candidates for me.
    That seems to be the consensus. In the short time I've been on Ymmm Beer, and learned so much, I've changed my favorite brewery so many times.

After drinking Freak of Nature, Black Angel, and several sours from Funkatorium I would have said Wicked Weed.

Then I definitely would have said Brewery Bhavana.

After sampling Jade on draft, Hoppyum, Festival Express, BBA Sexual Chocolate, Dead & Berried, and vertical flights with a Shanewich there will always be a special place in my heart for Foothills. I would have called them #1 if asked many times.

About a year ago I would have said Wise Man. Still love them.

Going into this winter I said Incendiary after trying about 5 fire stouts/porters/quads with some Cugino Forno.

I thought Veil was the best when I first had some of their IPA's and juice bombs.

When I tried my first several Burial DIPA's on draft, they were my #1.

After polishing off (and sharing) that GBS complete set along with some others like Trickery, Brian's Blend #12, etc. I'm at Hardywood right now.

So many great breweries.

After tasting Brian's Barrel #12 I can't wait to hear what you think of this one. Brian is a mad scientist genius; and maybe not even a conceited one
    Sounds like a Wise Man to me.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Wild Leap Brew Co. In LaGrange, Georgia is my favorite in-state brewer by far. (Hard to say that’s really local for my part of the state, but we get it here).

Not sure if you can get them in the 919 but give them a try if you see it!