Page 933 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 433833883923931932933934935943983103314331933 ... LastLast
Results 18,641 to 18,660 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    who is your visiting emissary? I could arrange a visa and proper papers for him or her...

Since the emergence of Heady Topper, there are several relatively new and similar products on the market which I enjoy, besides Sip of Sunshine:

Lush Double IPA from Frost Beer Works, Hinesburg, VT
    Green Mountain Haze, Long Trail Brewing, Bridgewaer Corners, VT
    Second Fiddle Double IPA, Fiddlehead Brewing, Shelburne, VT
    Lawson's Double Sunshine

There is also a Lawson's Triple Sunshine (10.3%, get back, Loretta) which I have no found...but the year is young.
    The elusive mattman91 .

I *may* sipped the Fiddlehead brew listed above as we brunched after our 90 minute walk in the mist/rain along the shores of Lake Champlain with the lovely Mrs. budwom and the not-so-lovely-but-still-fit-and-pleasant-budwom that August.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Always rewarding/educational to read your reviews as we have family in Bloomington and NW In The Annapolis and we will be in Columbus, IN in April for a concert so 450 North Brewing might have to be a stop/tasting. Plus, I think Taxman will be about 7 miles "out of the way" () when we journey from Columbus, IN to Columbus, OH on Sunday.
    ZwanzigZ is also Columbus-based and likely worth checking out!

Edit: Adding a link - http://www.zwanzigz.com/brewery/

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    ZwanzigZ is also Columbus-based and likely worth checking out!

Edit: Adding a link - http://www.zwanzigz.com/brewery/
    Might have to be two stops in Columbus. Then, one in Columbus, OH at Zaftig. Too confusing .

Did you venture up to Greensboro, VT to visit Hill Farmstead?
    I did not. But I did sample their beers heavily while in Stowe for 5 days.

My Fiddlehead Brewing flight from 8/14:

Brett on the Dancefloor (draft)-Fiddlehead Brewing (Shelburne, VT)

Tap takeover (sort of) at The Farmhouse Tap and Grill just off Church Street in downtown Burlington, VT. Lunched with the legendary and lovely DBR poster budwom today and his much lovelier wife after about a 4 mile stroll in the rain along the shores of rainy, overcast and cool Lake Champlain this AM. We divided a 4 beer sampler and this one was first as we moved from middle-of-the-road ABV to high gravity.

Fermented with 100% Brettanomyces yeast and dry hopped with Citra and Simcoe, this poured a medium, cloudy orange with a modest foamy head. Luscious aromas of grapefruit zest and other citrus, the tastes resembled a Sour Patch Kids or Warheads grapefruit candy with the typical Brett barnyard/horse blanket funkiness. IBUs given as 60 and the ABV at 5.9%, both in line with the IPA style of beers. Highly flavorful start to the midday meal.

http://www.fiddleheadbrewing.com/beer/
    Second in the sampler was:

Rang Duce, a hoppy American wheat ale. This really most resembled a blending of styles combining the IBUs and ABV of a traditional IPA with a standard wheat ale. Poured a cloudy golden hue with aromas and tastes of orange peel and other citrusy fruits. Some bready/malty/light caramel-y sweetness with a definite bite-you-back hop forward presence. IBUs a stunning (for a wheat ale) 75 and the ABV an equally impressive 7.2%, also high for a wheat ale. I guess those stats put this beverage into the imperial wheat ale category. This was a nice pairing with a bacon Angus burger and mixed green salad with a light apple cider vinagrette dressing. Interestingly, we both agreed this had a bit less character than the Brett IPA from above, despite its higher hop and alcohol content.
    2nd Fiddle DIPA is up third. This was a bit disappointing as I generally really like this style. Poured a cloudy, yellow-golden with a modest head and all the requirements for an IIPA with IBUS of 80 and ABV at 8.1%, the mild citrus notes in the nose and on the palate were still a bit lacking. Still, it was a pleasant pairing with the meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    who is your visiting emissary? I could arrange a visa and proper papers for him or her...

Since the emergence of Heady Topper, there are several relatively new and similar products on the market which I enjoy, besides Sip of Sunshine:

Lush Double IPA from Frost Beer Works, Hinesburg, VT
    Green Mountain Haze, Long Trail Brewing, Bridgewaer Corners, VT
    Second Fiddle Double IPA, Fiddlehead Brewing, Shelburne, VT
    Lawson's Double Sunshine

There is also a Lawson's Triple Sunshine (10.3%, get back, Loretta) which I have no found...but the year is young.
    My Fiddlehead Brewing flight from 8/14

Watching the UVA game while enjoying a Dubbel from Sugar Creek brewery. Tastes like a carmel glazed nut.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/36738/138138/
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Watching the UVA game while enjoying a Dubbel from Sugar Creek brewery. Tastes like a carmel glazed nut.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/36738/138138/
    Yet another NC brewery with which I'm not familiar but sounds like I need to investigate. Thanks for sharing. Sounds/looks quite tasty and one of my favorite styles.

Yet another NC brewery with which I'm not familiar but sounds like I need to investigate. Thanks for sharing. Sounds/looks quite tasty and one of my favorite styles.
    A bar near me has it on draft once or twice per year. Made even better that it's walking distance to my place (2 min walk). This beer turned me on to Dubbels in general.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    A bar near me has it on draft once or twice per year. Made even better that it's walking distance to my place (2 min walk). This beer turned me on to Dubbels in general.
    How convenient !

Curmudgeon's Better Half (8/22/18 on label)-Founder's Brewing Company

A huge thanks to August West for securing a 4 pack of this for me last fall! I believe I'm still on the hook for the $18 he paid for this and some additional $$ for several others he provided during tailgate season. I've got the (freshly printed) cash and/or traders waiting to repay him sometime. Anytime.

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Founders snifter (D'oh!) last Thursday. Color was a medium to dark amber with a small, tan head. It's Curmudgeon's Old Ale (or Old Curmudgeon Ale, just like me and my avatar) that has been aged in bourbon barrels that also previously contained maple syrup. It really does smell like bourbon-infused Vermont (none of that New Hamster or Canadian stuff ) 100% maple syrup (where are those pancakes?) and tastes like it, too, along with dark, dried fruits, molasses (added), almonds, vanilla and toasted coconut (none of those added). IBUs of 35 claimed on Untappd and 12.7 ABV on the label and tasted/felt every bit of it, too, taking about an hour to finish this one. Superb beer. I have 3 left for aging and/or trading.

b5e1d2912f65d0a7d5700d2805b697c7_640x640.jpg

Passion Fruit Lychee Burst-Wicked InBev Weed Brewing

Drink by 052319
    Pkg on 0123/19

"Ale brewed with passion fruit, lychee and beet extract"

(no corn syrup was harmed in the production of this beverage )

Beer #4 from my February beer club 4 pack. It was assigned to me. I had no choice. Sorry, Ymm, Beer readers .

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass yielded a cloudy, pink lemonade-colored brew with a quickly disappearing, fizzy head. Smells like fruited lemonade. Tasted like mildly sour lemon-berry candy. Minimal bitterness, guessing 10 IBUs. ABV at 4.5%. Good but not outstanding sour ale. Happy to have tasted but certainly won't have again.

From 6/18/18 and 9/10/18:

From 9/23/16:

From about 10 days ago:

Dank Wood (brewed on 4/10/18)-Founders (cough, heineken, cough) Brewing Company

I thought this looked/sounded familiar when I passed it over the first time I saw it for about $17 for a 4 pack. I was sucked in the second time at $15 for the litter.

Searching out the review from our midwest beer-cation, err, Duke Football journey, about 18 months ago I discovered the above old review/s. Amazing prescience on my part (I wish I had actually sent the email and could take an ounce of credit for it. ).

Three of us shared a 12 ounce bottle of this one evening as a nightcap. I think this is very close to the brew from 2016 WRT the color, aromas, mouthfeel and alcohol burn. This would also make a wonderful dessert beer, maybe with some bread pudding. Worth seeking out and buying a 4 pack with one for now and one every 6 months until the carrier is empty.
    From 6/18/18:

From last PM:

Dank Wood-Founders(30% heineken) Brewing Company

A bourbon barrel-aged imperial red ale.

From same litter as above so I managed to wait another 90 days to sip again.

It only took 2 of us to knock out this bottle last PM.

Slightly cloudy, dark amber pour with a moderate head. Nose of toffee and caramel with a sticky mouthfeel and toffee-caramel tastes with herbal, earthy hop bitterness. Untapped quotes 65 IBUs and the ABV is 12.2% and dangerously deceptive. Two remain. I'm going to try to keep my hands off for 6 months next time.
    From last PM:

Dank Wood (brewed on 4/10/18)-Founders (.3 Heineken) Brewing

Well, I could only my hands off this for 5 months.

I don't think much has changed in this 10 month old BBA imperial red ale. Perhaps a bit smoother with some more bourbon, wood, vanilla and toasted coconut flavors after pondering this post overnight. I think there's one remaining that might last until late spring.

After this @#$%show in loovill tonight, I'm headed out to buy some coorslite AND millerlite, both with extra corn syrup.

Oh, wait. Wrong thread.

After this @#$%show in loovill tonight, I'm headed out to buy some coorslite AND millerlite, both with extra corn syrup.

Oh, wait. Wrong thread.
    Cancel that. Make my order a Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA at 17% ABV, please.

Alpha Klaus (no bottle dating)-Three Floyds Brewing

Their take:

"Alpha King’s festive cousin. A big American Xmas Porter brewed with English chocolate malt, Mexican sugar and, of course, tons of strange American hops."

My take:

Nice Christmas gift from our younger daughter and her husband.

Pour was a dark mahogany with a modest, thin, tan head. Typical porter scents (milk chocolate and coffee) with tastes of dark brown sugar, more chocolate than coffee, some grapefruit peel, flecks of burned pumpernickel toast and a pinch of licorice. This is what I think a "beer cocktail" made with a Baltic porter, a black IPA and a standard porter would taste like. IBUs are quoted as 38 and the ABV is 6%. This made a great pairing with a leftover bowl of Mrs. dd's almost famous chili tonight. It's also be happy with a slice of chocolate cake/torte. Three remain for trading/sharing.
    Yes, Virginia, there is an Alpha Klaus.

(re-worded from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_V..._a_Santa_Claus)

Oh, wait. Wrong thread.
    Starting huffing paint a bit early last night?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Starting huffing paint a bit early last night?
    I prefer:

E6000.jpg

Curmudgeon's Better Half (8/22/18 on label)-Founder's Brewing Company

<snip>

I have 3 left for aging and/or trading.
    Did you say . . . . "trading"? I *might* have some recent (but not 2019) vintage Sexual Chocolate laying around . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Did you say . . . . "trading"? I *might* have some recent (but not 2019) vintage Sexual Chocolate laying around . . . . .
    Hmmm...

Collaboration not Litigation .

One of those plus the 4 bagger of Wine Barrel Aged Joco Tater *might* work. No draft picks need to be involved. We can negotiate via PM or text before some 10 pin later this month or early March.

Hmmm...

Collaboration not Litigation .

One of those plus the 4 bagger of Wine Barrel Aged Joco Tater *might* work. No draft picks need to be involved. We can negotiate via PM or text before some 10 pin later this month or early March.
    Toss in Anthony Davis and we have a deal.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."