Page 1474 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 474974137414241464147214731474147514761484152415741974 ... LastLast
Results 29,461 to 29,480 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

While I definitely have jumped over to the dark side in the not so distant past, I generally consider Ymm, Beer the high road.

May finally try the beer at White Labs this weekend.

They have only been open here in Asheville for like, idk, 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    May finally try the beer at White Labs this weekend.

They have only been open here in Asheville for like, idk, 3-4 years
    Kinda like Crank Arm in Raleigh, a brewery that's been open perhaps a decade and I've probably had 2-3 of their beers with none in the last 5 years at least. They brew good beer, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Apologies for the late notification:

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...microbreweries.

"National IPA Day on the first Thursday in August celebrates the beer known as India Pale Ale Beer."

Hey, MtnDevil, you reading this tonight?

I've had a pint can of Fullsteam's The Road to Nowhere, a Pacific Northwest style IPA, further depleting the hops and aluminum supplies in our country.

EBF6F0BC-BB28-4ACB-B50C-BD43B9E6F571.jpg

SPF 50/50 Tangerine (and our cat)
    India Pale Radler
    Red Hare Brewing Co., Marietta, GA
    4.3% ABV
    Seasonal

If you want alcoholic tangerine juice, well — that’s sorta what it is although not sweet. Looking for something to take kayaking this weekend, and this will fit the bill nicely. Good balance. Not my usual but trying to widen the palate.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

"National IPA Day on the first Thursday in August celebrates the beer known as India Pale Ale Beer."

I've had a pint can of Fullsteam's The Road to Nowhere, a Pacific Northwest style IPA, further depleting the hops and aluminum supplies in our country.
    Well, I guess I WILL have that Highland AVL IPA tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

India Pale Radler
    4.3% ABV
    Seasonal

If you want alcoholic tangerine juice, well — that’s sorta what it is although not sweet. Looking for something to take kayaking this weekend, and this will fit the bill nicely. Good balance. Not my usual but trying to widen the palate.
    That looks interesting. I'm going kayaking next weekend. My kayaking beers of choice have been Highland Pilsner and Highland Mandarina IPA for the last couple of years. If I don't catch any fish downstream I'll at least catch a buzz!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    That looks interesting. I'm going kayaking next weekend. My kayaking beers of choice have been Highland Pilsner and Highland Mandarina IPA for the last couple of years. If I don't catch any fish downstream I'll at least catch a buzz!
    We’ve been generally using Terrapin’s Recreation Ale for that purpose. Really nice on a hot day, not too heavy.

Enjoying a New Belgium Mural Agua Fresca Cerveza - berry guava agave. It's fun. It's fruity. It's refreshing and thirst-quenching (or at least I suspect it would have been, had I actually exercised this evening as I had intended. Mother Nature, and all).

Thanks so much to Fuse for sharing!!

I hit the Elysian Contact Haze and Day Glo IPA earlier. Must have somehow known it was the right day.

India Pale Radler
    4.3% ABV
    Seasonal

That's *really* an unusual combo-an India Pale Radler. It also sounds very refreshing as radlers almost always are.

Great name, too, BTW.

We’ve been generally using Terrapin’s Recreation Ale for that purpose. Really nice on a hot day, not too heavy.
    Another clever name. I think I've seen that but never placed any in the cart for checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
    Enjoying a New Belgium Mural Agua Fresca Cerveza - berry guava agave. It's fun. It's fruity. It's refreshing and thirst-quenching (or at least I suspect it would have been, had I actually exercised this evening as I had intended. Mother Nature, and all).

Thanks so much to Fuse for sharing!!
    It has helped maintain his youthful figure. Sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I hit the Elysian Contact Haze and Day Glo IPA earlier. Must have somehow known it was the right day.
    Both of those new to me. But, there are probably 50K more posts, err, beers in the US alone with which I'm not familiar. I'm still learning .

And I was just about to pop open a Real Ale Devil's Backbone (another Belgian Tripel) after fuse mentioned Devil's Tramping Ground up-thread. Switched to a Burial Hawkbill instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    And I was just about to pop open a Real Ale Devil's Backbone (another Belgian Tripel) after fuse mentioned Devil's Tramping Ground up-thread. Switched to a Burial Hawkbill instead.
    Ha! And I've got an unopened Boulevard BBA Quad warming a bit on the counter downstairs. Back in the fridge it goes; you folks have "shamed" me into another IPA for the evening (well, I've guilted myself into the IPA, too, I guess ). New Anthem, here I come!

I'm just behind the curve :

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    The Amen Break - New Anthem - 8 % - DIPA with Mosaic and Citra as well as some Simcoe, El Dorado, Pale Malt, Munich, and Oats.

Thick and hazy orange. Nice aromatic nose of oranges, pineapple, and hops.

Juicy, perfect balance of juicy sweetness with hoppy bitterness. Delicious taste follows the nose - oranges, pineapple, grapefruit, and floral hops. Juicy, thick, creamy mouthfeel with nice carbonation. This is a consummate IPA and worlds better than that Newgrass galaxy. I hope Nrrrvous made it to New Anthem.

Strong Category 2 just because the field is crowded.

And just because this is not the beer I'm recommending for fuse and devildeac to try Tuesday..
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    New Anthem The Amen Break
    Citra Mosaic Double Dry Hopped DIPA

Muddy grapefruit juice in colour (“hazy”).

Orange, grapefruit, lime nose. Yum.

Rich, full mouthfeel, tongue coating.

Orange, grapefruit and lime flavours mimic the nose.

Yup, New Anthem brews good beer.

Again, many thanks to richardjackson199 and thebeergoddess.

Skol! ��
    The Amen Break-New Anthem Beer Project

Local? Close.

Credit-RJ199 and the beergoddess; many thanks!!
    Style-DIPA
    Format-pint aluminum can, further contributing to the aluminum shortage, but it'll be recycled next week
    Stemware-even though it's an RJ trader, this one found its way into a Hardywood teku, a wise choice
    Appearance-a pink and regular grapefruit juice blend with a slightly less perfect head than what fuse poured
    Nose-am I in a citrus grove?
    Mouthfeel-pulpy and juicy
    Tastes-pineapple/grapefruit/orange juice and freshly squeezed at that; some pith and rind with a hint of lemons and limes, too
    Hops-indeed; double dry hopped (DDH) Citra and Mosaic; a fabulous combo; it also appears RJ199 did more research than I did (see above)
    IBU-perhaps 60
    ABV-8% yet soooo easy to sip
    Overall impression-if I had another in the fridge, I'd be soooooo tempted tonight...
    Ymm, Beer rating-easy cat 3; in the Veil and Burial league here; find this one!
    Last edited by devildeac; 08-06-2020 at 11:18 PM.

my math be off, but quick back o' the envelope calculation tells me that assuming devildeac has enough returnable cans in his garage to fill a container ship...and that a typical container ship heading off to China can carry 25,000 tons, he's in for a neat $80 million pay day, plus he saves the planet by recycling. Everyone wins!

I'm just behind the curve :

The Amen Break-New Anthem Beer Project

Local? Close.

Credit-RJ199 and the beergoddess; many thanks!!
    Style-DIPA
    Format-pint aluminum can, further contributing to the aluminum shortage, but it'll be recycled next week
    Stemware-even though it's an RJ trader, this one found its way into a Hardywood teku, a wise choice
    Appearance-a pink and regular grapefruit juice blend with a slightly less perfect head than what fuse poured
    Nose-am I in a citrus grove?
    Mouthfeel-pulpy and juicy
    Tastes-pineapple/grapefruit/orange juice and freshly squeezed at that; some pith and rind with a hint of lemons and limes, too
    Hops-indeed; double dry hopped (DDH) Citra and Mosaic; a fabulous combo; it also appears RJ199 did more research than I did (see above)
    IBU-perhaps 60
    ABV-8% yet soooo easy to sip
    Overall impression-if I had another in the fridge, I'd be soooooo tempted tonight...
    Ymm, Beer rating-easy cat 3; in the Veil and Burial league here; find this one!
    Still can't find any New Anthem in the 828

Their Neon God is probably the best NEIPA I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    my math be off, but quick back o' the envelope calculation tells me that assuming devildeac has enough returnable cans in his garage to fill a container ship...and that a typical container ship heading off to china can carry 25,000 tons, he's in for a neat $80 million pay day, plus he saves the planet by recycling. Everyone wins!
    usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!