Page 106 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Smuttynose Hanami Ale

Are you into sour cherries? If so, this is the brew for you.

Smuttynose Hanami Ale pours reddish brown so I was expecting malt. Boy was I wrong! This is a really strange beer. It's very sour with cherry and biscuit flavors. If you like fruit beers, especially sour ones, give it a try. Otherwise, I would pass on it. There were three in the Smuttynose variety pack. I have to figure out how to get rid of the other two.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    Are you into sour cherries? If so, this is the brew for you.

Smuttynose Hanami Ale pours reddish brown so I was expecting malt. Boy was I wrong! This is a really strange beer. It's very sour with cherry and biscuit flavors. If you like fruit beers, especially sour ones, give it a try. Otherwise, I would pass on it. There were three in the Smuttynose variety pack. I have to figure out how to get rid of the other two.
    What were the other offerings?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    What were the other offerings?
    Shoals Pale Ale, Smuttynose IPA and Old Brown Dog Ale. The only one I have had is the Old Brown Dog. It's a very good but relatively banal English brown ale with good malt, but low hops and carbonation, and no unusual flavors.

CB&B's Smoky IPA-quite in interesting creation, in the good sense. Modest hops with spruce and pine notes-the smokiness is very faint/slightly peat-like. Nice malt balance. Grill some fish with this or sip with mild cheeses. If you have any leftovers, I'll have another, please. You can enjoy more than one of these 'cuz I'd guess about 6% ABV. Saving one for Lavabe, of course.

Att: Lavabe

You've always been fond of my avatars.

CB&C's Original Recipe-I think it tastes most like an American Pale Ale. Deep golden color, floral and very mild hop presence. Good balance with I'd guess crystal malt. Very pleasant taste and aroma. Mild. I'd guess about 5% ABV. A good session brew. Three are left in the 12 pack sampler so I'll enjoy another in 30-60 days and save one for Lavabe, too.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    CB&C's Original Recipe-I think it tastes most like an American Pale Ale. Deep golden color, floral and very mild hop presence. Good balance with I'd guess crystal malt. Very pleasant taste and aroma. Mild. I'd guess about 5% ABV. A good session brew. Three are left in the 12 pack sampler so I'll enjoy another in 30-60 days and save one for Lavabe, too.
    Glad you enjoyed that one. I blind picked the yeast, which is a little different than some of the more traditional ones I've gone with. The one I chose adds that peppery flavor to the ale. I was a bit leary before tasting, but I like it for this brew.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Don't pour the beer over the ice cream. Add the ice cream to the beer. I prefer to stir my ice cream and blend it with the beer, tastes better.
    ^^ A quote from Tilly

Does this make it a beer "cooler"?

I had to move this from the hotel tipping thread to here.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    Don't pour the beer over the ice cream. Add the ice cream to the beer. I prefer to stir my ice cream and blend it with the beer, tastes better.
    ^^ A quote from Tilly

Lol. I prefer it that way as the beer tastes better. The Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is a bit bitter for this gal, hence I drank it while eating a delicious chocolate chip cookie from Whole Foods. The ice cream countered the bitterness and made for a sweeter tasting beer.

^^ A quote from Tilly

Well...

Did you have your beer float after all your detours through the grocery store last week?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Lol. I prefer it that way as the beer tastes better. The Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is a bit bitter for this gal, hence I drank it while eating a delicious chocolate chip cookie from Whole Foods. The ice cream countered the bitterness and made for a sweeter tasting beer.
    A year or so ago, Lavabe and I found this to be a great combo-BBCS and homemade CCCs. Ymm, beer and ymm, cookies.

ymm beer

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Glad you enjoyed that one. I blind picked the yeast, which is a little different than some of the more traditional ones I've gone with. The one I chose adds that peppery flavor to the ale. I was a bit leary before tasting, but I like it for this brew.
    I drank 1 last night & had the other tonight. Both were very good. Thank you so much. You make the best home brew I have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well...

Did you have your beer float after all your detours through the grocery store last week?
    Not yet, but I am down to one chocolate beer in the fridge so I guess this will be the time. My target day is Friday evening after we go out to a fish fry sponsored by a local church. I guess you have noticed I am putting this off.

Not yet, but I am down to one chocolate beer in the fridge so I guess this will be the time. My target day is Friday evening after we go out to a fish fry sponsored by a local church. I guess you have noticed I am putting this off.
    A beer float is something to be anticipated! It is a treat, not something to be feared or avoided.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    A beer float is something to be anticipated! It is a treat, not something to be feared or avoided.
    I am certain you will be right. A number of things I feared and avoided have turned out to be great--jumping off the "high board", marriage, etc. Not the colonoscopy though, that met my expectations.

I am certain you will be right. A number of things I feared and avoided have turned out to be great--jumping off the "high board", marriage, etc. Not the colonoscopy though, that met my expectations.
    That post is the very definition of Too Much Information

Here's a toast. To quickly returning to "Ymm, beer" ramblings and the subject that bears it's name! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA's Mom View Post
    I drank 1 last night & had the other tonight. Both were very good. Thank you so much. You make the best home brew I have ever had.
    Very glad you enjoyed them. I'll be bringing at least one new brew with me when we come up for the unc women's game.

Beer Float/Cooler

I could not wait until Friday--I tried the beer float just a few minutes ago. Fort Collins Chocolate Stout and vanilla ice cream in a Duke mug. Beer first, then two scoops of ice cream. It foamed up a little, looked really good. My first sip was disappointingly bitter,--but--the first taste of ice cream I spooned out was very good, great in fact. After a little experimenting I concluded that all joking aside, the beer "cooler" was better to me than the float. The more the ice cream melted into the beer, the better I liked the entire concoction. I believe it would make a great summertime drink out on my deck.

I could not wait until Friday--I tried the beer float just a few minutes ago. Fort Collins Chocolate Stout and vanilla ice cream in a Duke mug. Beer first, then two scoops of ice cream. It foamed up a little, looked really good. My first sip was disappointingly bitter,--but--the first taste of ice cream I spooned out was very good, great in fact. After a little experimenting I concluded that all joking aside, the beer "cooler" was better to me than the float. The more the ice cream melted into the beer, the better I liked the entire concoction. I believe it would make a great summertime drink out on my deck.
    Would you mind if the LTE, OTB, YB folks hang out on your deck with you this summer ! Ymmm, beer floats!