Page 836 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 33673678682683483583683783884688693613361836 ... LastLast
Results 16,701 to 16,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From 7/4/18:

From tonight:

Imperial Weizen-New Glarus Brewing Company

Too soon?

This time, I think the lemon was a bit more forward than the orange /zest. Maybe some hints of cinnamon now, too.

One bottle remains. Next month (or this winter), it might be cranberry-weizen night. Tonight, it's beer cocktail night again, this time with a raspberry wh*at theme.
    Beer cocktail (from last PM):

Raspberry Tart/Imperial Weizen-New Glarus Brewing Company

Better than the Wisconsin Belgian Red (cherry)/Imperial Weizen combo from several weeks ago.

I'm still not convinced that mixing 1:1 Raspberry Tart (or any fruit beer, NG or others) with an imperial ale is a great idea but I found the combination of the sweet/tart-ness of the wood aged raspberry ale with the lemon-y/orange-y/moderately hoppy/banana/spicy components of the imperial wh*at ale to be a pleasant combination. Lots of foam when poured together in 2.5 ounce aliquots each which lingered nicely while sipping. If/when Serendipity is released again, this might also prove interesting (or not) with the cherries, cranberries and apples in that brew.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

More Railwalk

I continue to be impressed with the variety and quality of Railwalk’s offerings. Their coconut caramel cream ale was extremely well-balanced, especially for flavors that could get really out-of-kilter if overdone. And their Green Bullet hazy IPA was delicious. Very solid.

They also have an imperial porter with cayenne. I haven’t tasted it yet, but will crack my 16-ounce can of it soon (for all you pepper-heads out there .... ).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I continue to be impressed with the variety and quality of Railwalk’s offerings. Their coconut caramel cream ale was extremely well-balanced, especially for flavors that could get really out-of-kilter if overdone. And their Green Bullet hazy IPA was delicious. Very solid.

They also have an imperial porter with cayenne. I haven’t tasted it yet, but will crack my 16-ounce can of it soon (for all you pepper-heads out there ... ).
    You don't have to save one of those for me...

You don't have to save one of those for me...

And here I thought I’d bring it to a tailgate ...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    And here I thought I’d bring it to a tailgate ...
    And, if you brought it to a tailgate, I'd certainly be happy to sample it. Seriously. "Leave no beer untasted."

#7 from fuse's list/link somewhere upthread is on draft at Bottle Revolution today and just so happens, I have a meeting scheduled with a device rep this evening at a pizza joint about 6 doors down from Bottle Rev.

I'll report later. Really looking forward to this one.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...anked.html?p=3
    Hazy&Juicy&Hoppy&Fresh (draft)-HiWire Brewing

Drink nearby!

Eight ounce draft as I waited for a business meeting with one of the cardiology device reps for pizza and beer tonight. He was late. His loss .

Pour was a mildly hazy, orange-yellow with a small head. It's a NE IPA so the scents of tropical fruit juices were not unexpected and pretty "fresh." There was not a dominant taste but a mélange of juices including pineapple, mango, papaya and grapefruit. Bitterness fairly mild with IBUs of 38 and the ABV was 7.5% which is upper normal for the style. Not sure I'd call it #7 on a list of 324 IPAs, but, I didn't sample the other 323 either . Available in pint cans and I'd consider a 4 pack, drinking 1 or 2 myself and trading the others.

a58c6b78764a8fe628670c9910ee273d_640x640.jpg

Calico Fields (draft)-Haw River Farmhouse Ales

More nearby beer!

Interesting labeling here as it was listed as a pilsner on the electronic chalk board but their description is "blonde ale brewed with Red Tail Farm’s Cateto Orange Flint Corn and aged cold for six weeks..." (but on/in what was not listed ).

This 2 ounce taster was a pale yellow with a small, foamy head. Floral bouquet of aromas and tastes with some lightly toasted sourdough breadiness and a bit of caramel sweetness. I'll guess IBUs about 20 here and ABV claimed to be 4.8%. A nice "palate cleanser" and a very good example of the style (whether it's a blonde ale or a pilsner) but not your typical Haw River offering.

https://www.lawsonsfinest.com/beers/sip-sunshine/

Came across this last night.

My first Lawsons, served in a Teku. Quite nice.

Gun Hill barrel aged Void of Light 2015

I had never heard of Gun Hill, and was expecting a blackberry saison not noticing there were 2 on the menu.

Tasted more like a black IPA than a barrel aged stout.

Still quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.lawsonsfinest.com/beers/sip-sunshine/

Came across this last night.

My first Lawsons, served in a Teku. Quite nice.
    Never had a Lawson's before but see that name on a number of the lists we post here. Budwom will be proud, even thought your beverage is listed as being brewed in CT.

Dance of the Absurd (draft)-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Drink more nearby beers!

Another solid offering from the Moore County brewery, this one a NE-DIPA (no typo!)

Half pint pour was super hazy and almost as juicy-fruity in both aromas and tastes. No dominant fruit but lots of pineapple, mango, papaya, orange and grapefruit. I'll guess IBUs in the 40s and the ABV was 8.5% so certainly more boozy than hoppy. I didn't check the availability in cans but would certainly buy/trade for another serving or two. Paired nicely with a high quality deluxe pizza on the patio on a very warm evening yesterday, sipping more water than beer.

Yes, indeed.

"Sometimes this is based on availability, such as New Glarus Brewing beers only distributed in Wisconsin..."

No surprise to see Brew Dog on this list.
    A lot of others I had not heard of.

https://coolmaterial.com/feature/the...s-ever-brewed/

$15 for a 45 minute beer bath? I’d try it.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/a...-japan-resort/

A nod to Duck Rabbit as a go to camping beer.

https://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/...r-for-camping/

No surprise to see Brew Dog on this list.
    A lot of others I had not heard of.

https://coolmaterial.com/feature/the...s-ever-brewed/
    I'd heard of 3 of them before. I'll tell a story about the Sweetwater product some time over a pint. Maybe this weekend...

There are 2 other Sweetwater products I'll mention, too.

Then there's, nah, never mind, that one might be real trouble with the wankerizer.

$15 for a 45 minute beer bath? I’d try it.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/a...-japan-resort/
    I'd want a straw with this one. Before bathing, of course.

A nod to Duck Rabbit as a go to camping beer.

https://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/...r-for-camping/
    I've tasted 4 of those. Yay, greater than 50%.

Wide Awake It's Morning (draft)-Funky Buddha (Constellation) Brewing

A half pint of the "imperial version of our infamous Maple Bacon Coffee Porter" was quite the dessert beer last evening after a NE-IPA, a NE-DIPA and a taste of a Haw River pilsner (or blonde ale). I couldn't decide if I wanted to order a stack of flapjacks to lay under a couple ounces of this or top my 8 ounce portion with some whipped cream .

Pour was a dark, dark brown with a small, tan head. Oh, my, what tantalizing aromas of Vermont (or New Hamster or Canadian) dark amber maple syrup wafted from my glass. Coffee scents were pretty potent, too. There were hints of smokiness. First taste was dark maple syrup, then java, then milk chocolate with a pinch of salt (I really can't say there's any bacon flavor here) and perhaps a bit of peat. IBUs? Maybe 30. ABV? 9.5%. I ordered this despite the Constellation purchase of FB last August because I've had very few of their concoctions, it sounded very enticing and someone else picked up my beer tab yesterday .