Page 1125 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 125625102510751115112311241125112611271135117512251625 ... LastLast
Results 22,481 to 22,500 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Virtual Pub Stout Day 11/16
    Three Floyds Wig Splitter Coffee Stout

Strong enough coffee nose to perk you right up.

Strong, super roasty iced coffee all the way to the end, which surprisingly is honey sweet.

I’d been holding on to this bottle for a special occasion after opening its twin during a stout party a few years back.

This is an excellent beer, highly recommended.
    Major hat tip to devildeac for this beer. 🍻
    You're welcome. Very happy it aged well from 2016 or 2017. IIRC, it was best of show from your Christmas party 2-3 years ago.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    For you Hardywood GBS set owners from last year, I am opening the set only variant - Rum Barrel Mega GBS. 12.5% abv, 55 ibu’s. Aged 4 months in rum barrels. After the missed field goal and instant Syracuse touchdown, I think I’ll need it to get thru the game. Letting it warmup, review to follow.
    Mine will disappear over the 2019 Christmas season.

Virtual Pub Stout 11/16/2019

Brewery Bhavana Prosper 2019

A collaboration with Tasty Beverage, aged more than a year in Cabernet and bourbon barrels.

A richardjackson199 “must try”.

Definitely get a whole lot of Cab on the nose, and if you’ve had a bourbon barrel aged Cab, the nose is similar.

Whoa.

Loads of chocolate ease into a vinous red wine mid palate and a woody bourbon finish.

A great stout indeed.

Many thanks richardjackson199!!! 🍻

A collaboration with Tasty Beverage, aged more than a year in Cabernet and bourbon barrels.

Definitely get a whole lot of Cab on the nose, and if you’ve had a bourbon barrel aged Cab, the nose is similar.

Whoa.

Loads of chocolate ease into a vinous red wine mid palate and a woody bourbon finish.

A great stout indeed.

Ummm, not quite...

(Still ecstatic that you liked it that much though. )

Might not be enough stout in the world after the @#$% show on Brooks Field today.

Whoa.

A great stout indeed.

You're welcome. Nahh Devildeac definitely gave you that one. But it's true that richardjackson199 must try it.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You're welcome. Nahh Devildeac definitely gave you that one. But it's true that richardjackson199 must try it.
    Ok, I'll only take partial credit then.

Apparently I am indebted to far too many good beer people 😳😁

Another from earlier this week cuz I'm still on call for the rest of the weekend but the @#$% show in WW today is making me seriously reconsider...

Antwerpen Stout-Guinness and Company

Not local at all!

Credit-August West as a trader from his mixed 12 pack; thanks!!
    Format-11.2 ounce bottle
    Appearance-dark, dark brown with a modest, creamy, thickish head
    Aromas-charred bread/wood; baker's chocolate
    Mouthfeel-creamy
    Tastes-lightly burnt pumpernickel bread; dark caramel, hints of smoke; java
    IBU-maybe 40
    ABV-8%
    Story-first brewed in 1944 for export from Dublin to Antwerp and totally new to me
    Overall impression-great opportunity to try Guinness variants, this one being of the imperial variety
    Ymm, Beer rating-top shelf cat 2; would readily try a draft or another bottle of this

Accfanfrom1970 doing a great job hosting so far and we've barely heard from RJ199...

WTH? No one in the pub for >3 hours!

Another "classic" from earlier this week:

200th Anniversary Export Stout-Guinness and Company

Local? You're kidding, right?

Credit-August West at it again from his mixed 12 pack; thanks!!
    Format-11.2 ounce bottle, aka 330 ml in Ireland
    Appearance-"it was a dark and stormy night..."
    Nose-pretty similar to all the Guinnes above-burnt caramel/pumpernickel toast/wood
    Mouthfeel-smooth yet herbal
    Tastes-more burnt caramel/bread; molasses; a bit of coffee; earthy bitterness
    IBU-30 to 40 maybe
    ABV-6%
    Story-brewed to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the first Guinness export to the US, inspired by entries from their 1817 brewing log
    Overall impression-another excellent Irish stout
    Ymm, Beer rating-top tier cat 2; if you've never had a Guinness or it's been a while, I'd spend the $18ish on a 12 pack and sample all these

Actually tasted and written up yesterday...

Founders Breakfast Stout

Draft pint at Rudy’s in New Haven while waiting for my daughter to finish a Duke alumni interview.

Very dark brown pour with no head to speak of. Aroma of coffee and maybe oatmeal?

First sip and the taste is quite sweet. I taste maple syrup and a little bourbon. It mellows out as it warms up and warms up the belly going down.

I like it although I expected it to be smoother—maybe more like a porter vs. a stout. A nice beer for an unseasonably cold day in New England.

P.S. if ever in New Haven the fries at Rudy’s are awesome. The rest of the food is good (although not great). Fun place.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Accfanfrom1970 doing a great job hosting so far and we've barely heard from RJ199...

Day ain't over yet.

And everybody knows last call at the pub is closer to 2 am

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Actually tasted and written up yesterday...

Founders Breakfast Stout

Draft pint at Rudy’s in New Haven while waiting for my daughter to finish a Duke alumni interview.

Very dark brown pour with no head to speak of. Aroma of coffee and maybe oatmeal?

First sip and the taste is quite sweet. I taste maple syrup and a little bourbon. It mellows out as it warms up and warms up the belly going down.

I like it although I expected it to be smoother—maybe more like a porter vs. a stout. A nice beer for an unseasonably cold day in New England.

P.S. if ever in New Haven the fries at Rudy’s are awesome. The rest of the food is good (although not great). Fun place.
    Thanks for joining the festivities today! I'm on call this weekend so I can't imbibe again until Monday night but I sequestered several reviews from earlier in the week.

That's a wonderful beer.

Day ain't over yet.

And everybody knows last call at the pub is closer to 2 am
    Posted like a true beer nerd.

Virtual Pub - Stout Day - 11/16

Thanks ACCFan. I don't know how you do it, but every beer you like is high Fuse Category 3. You picked a perfect style for a cold day, and you picked a perfect day to drink a stout beer!

Slient Night (2018) - Mother Earth - 9% ABV - 55 IBU

Black pour with 2 finger nice mocha lacy head with good retention. Aroma - oh there is bourbon.

I thought it was a little bitter at first, but after giving this beer a good 15-20 minutes to warm it gets much better. It's just a consummate BBA imperial stout. The bitterness is followed by roasty malts, oak, dark chocolate, nice coffee (not overpowering), dark fruits (plum), and bourbon all balanced just seamlessly. It's like you taste them all at the same time. Medium body. It's something to enjoy slowly, which I did. But it's quite drinkable, with nice boozy flavor.

Fuse Category 3. Thanks Fuse!!

Virtual Pub - Stout Day - 11/16

Thanks ACCFan. I don't know how you do it, but every beer you like is high Fuse Category 3. You picked a perfect style for a cold day, and you picked a perfect day to drink a stout beer!

Slient Night (2018) - Mother Earth - 9% ABV - 55 IBU

Black pour with 2 finger nice mocha lacy head with good retention. Aroma - oh there is bourbon.

I thought it was a little bitter at first, but after giving this beer a good 15-20 minutes to warm it gets much better. It's just a consummate BBA imperial stout. The bitterness is followed by roasty malts, oak, dark chocolate, nice coffee (not overpowering), dark fruits (plum), and bourbon all balanced just seamlessly. It's like you taste them all at the same time. Medium body. It's something to enjoy slowly, which I did. But it's quite drinkable, with nice boozy flavor.

Fuse Category 3. Thanks Fuse!!
    That's a great beer!

I'm not sure fuse has any more "verticals" of these but I have a 2016/2017/2018 series, IIRC. They will disappear over the Christmas season.

Virtual Pub - Stout Day - 11/16/2019

Silent Night - smells like bourbon. Tastes bitter. Like black coffee (I like mine with cream and sugar). Overall impression: Richard's speed, not mine.

One of the 3 ugliest/least appealing beers I've ever seen, along with Salamander Slime, err, Slam and Taxman's Passion Fruit Guava something last year:

1de11963d5679a5ea173b974138e8156_640x640.jpg