Page 1339 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 339839123912891329133713381339134013411349138914391839 ... LastLast
Results 26,761 to 26,780 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Honestly, I was looking for any excuse. My AC outdoor unit broke on Wednesday, the part is "supposed" to be here today. It's about 79° and 110% humidity in my house right now. Not sure any work is getting done today...
    Oooh, those are nasty #s for anywhere, indoor/outdoor, north/south. That works out to a dew point of about 81, I guess.

Vermont is looking for tourists starting about now. Might be worth a road trip...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

With 27,761 posts prior to this one, what is left to say about beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” – Benjamin Franklin

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/styles/

There are 14 different styles of beer based on this commonly referenced beer resource. Each one of those have anywhere from four to thirteen "substyles" or variants of the original category. If you click on any of those "substyles," I'd estimate 50 or more different brewers' products of each one, likely many more than 50 of each from all over the globe. In the US alone, there were about 7500 craft brewers in 2019 and, if each one brewed 10 products, a very conservative estimate, that would yield 75,000 US beers alone. Therefore, it *looks* like we're still about 50,000 posts behind the curve in our beer tastings/discussion/posts.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/styles/

There are 14 different styles of beer based on this commonly referenced beer resource. Each one of those have anywhere from four to thirteen "substyles" or variants of the original category. If you click on any of those "substyles," I'd estimate 50 or more different brewers' products of each one, likely many more than 50 of each from all over the globe. In the US alone, there were about 7500 craft brewers in 2019 and, if each one brewed 10 products, a very conservative estimate, that would yield 75,000 US beers alone. Therefore, it *looks* like we're still about 50,000 posts behind the curve in our beer tastings/discussion/posts.
    Indeed. And my gal Stella's Instagram account tells me that Radar dropped some cans for the first time. Something new in beer nearly every day.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    This is a great, oft-used quote. I've got a beer "handbook" at home with 300+ pages of beer quotes and factoids.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This is a great, oft-used quote. I've got a beer "handbook" at home with 300+ pages of beer quotes and factoids.
    "What care I how time advances? I'm drinking ale today." - Edgar Allan Poe

or another fave...

"All right brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

😀😁😂🤣😃😄

Burial Crown of Grudges.

8.5% DIPA

More later. Maybe.

������������
    Here's an even longer/more extensive list for your summer reading pleasure and posting:

https://brewerydb.com/browse/style

;-D

Each beer is its own adventure, and delight.

Pretty cool move by Jester King (hopefully), re-opening today with hiking trails:

https://jesterkingbrewery.com/main-b...ing-reimagined

Enjoying a free (for now) Allagash River Trip, courtesy of devildeac, and delivered by richardjackson199 and beergoddess.

Delightful orange and coriander spice nose.

Outstanding session ale.

Thanks, and cheers! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Enjoying a free (for now) Allagash River Trip, courtesy of devildeac, and delivered by richardjackson199 and beergoddess.

Delightful orange and coriander spice nose.

Outstanding session ale.

Thanks, and cheers! ��
    LOL. Your wish is my command, Master.

Fun read on beers ahead of their time:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...e-craft-b.html

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Fun read on beers ahead of their time:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...e-craft-b.html
    Amazingly, I've had all 5 of those brews. Many of those lists have one-offs/rarities from obscure breweries.

Hardywood is opening, but only to Family Tree members, and I’m a member! Best investment of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Hardywood is opening, but only to Family Tree members, and I’m a member! Best investment of the year!
    Excellent news! (expensive, too )

When I went to pick up my Peach Cobbler I asked about the interesting Brian’s Blend #8 and #9 previously reviewed. They had it, but also had Brian’s Blend #10 and #11. 4-pack 12oz. With two of each. #10, Barleywine aged in Woodford Reserve double oaked bourbon barrels, mixed with their imperial stout aged in Copper Fox Pot distilled single malt whiskey barrels. 11.4%. Unbelievable, great beer, a smokiness that was a great finish after the hint of chocolate and bourbon.

Then I opened #11. Imperial milk stout aged in grape brandy barrels mixed with Belgian quadruple aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels. Smoother, a little sweeter. Almost as good as #10. Looking at cat #3 and cat 3++.

$20 a four pack and well worth it. Really special.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    When I went to pick up my Peach Cobbler I asked about the interesting Brian’s Blend #8 and #9 previously reviewed. They had it, but also had Brian’s Blend #10 and #11. 4-pack 12oz. With two of each. #10, Barleywine aged in Woodford Reserve double oaked bourbon barrels, mixed with their imperial stout aged in Copper Fox Pot distilled single malt whiskey barrels. 11.4%. Unbelievable, great beer, a smokiness that was a great finish after the hint of chocolate and bourbon.

Then I opened #11. Imperial milk stout aged in grape brandy barrels mixed with Belgian quadruple aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels. Smoother, a little sweeter. Almost as good as #10. Looking at cat #3 and cat 3++.

$20 a four pack and well worth it. Really special.
    Those sound amazing. That's really not bad pricing either, especially with the CBS, KBS and KBS Espresso at ~$24/4 pack of 12 ounce bottles.