Page 934 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 434834884924932933934935936944984103414341934 ... LastLast
Results 18,661 to 18,680 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Toss in Anthony Davis and we have a deal.
    You can have AD and I'll take the ~$60M and a 2017 Abyss .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...pas-in-america

Neat list of IPAs, of which I have only had four.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'll take the $60m and YOU can keep the Abyss. 😋🤗😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Motion denied.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Three for me. Pathetic.

However, Next Coast is on tap at Falls Village Wine and Beer for $2/12 ounces. I *may* stop there on the way home from dance class tonight at that price.

Motion denied.

Originally Posted by devildeac:

Whoever wants AD can have him. If people are throwing around money, I don’t need $60MM. I’d be thrilled if someone wants to send $10MM my way 🙄🤣

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Did everyone in this thread switch to wine and water in July of 2009? While looking for a review from DD, which I figured would have been in August of 2009, I realized that there is over a full year of this thread missing.

Ozzie posted on 07-07-2009, 10:06 AM, and the next post was in 11-02-2010, reviewing a winter seasonal.

Gap occurs here.
    https://forums.dukebasketballreport...m-Beer/page124
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

BridgePort Brewing Company closing. CB&B shared this with me:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...jQ5?li=BBnb7Kz

And now, I'm very sad as we visited Portland many times while my parents and brother lived there and I "smuggled" back many, many of their beers to NC after we visited, including their classic IPA, Blue Heron Pale Ale, Ebenezer Ale and, one of the best beer names ever, Old Knucklehead, their barleywine.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Did everyone in this thread switch to wine and water in July of 2009? While looking for a review from DD, which I figured would have been in August of 2009, I realized that there is over a full year of this thread missing.

Ozzie posted on 07-07-2009, 10:06 AM, and the next post was in 11-02-2010, reviewing a winter seasonal.

Gap occurs here.
    I never noticed this. Thanks for posting. I know I didn't post here for a while due to, umm, some "artistic differences" that I'd be delighted to recount sometime over a fine ale or three. (Privately or at a tailgate this fall .) I "archived" a lot of beer reviews elsewhere but, that might be perceived as crazietalk.

Gap occurs here.
    Trying to figure out when I first posted to Ymm, Beer. The great beer review gap mystery may predate any contributions I have made. Not sure i could even recall how long I lurked before jumping in.

Gap occurs here.
    I never noticed this. Thanks for posting. I know I didn't post here for a while due to, umm, some "artistic differences" that I'd be delighted to recount sometime over a fine ale or three. (Privately or at a tailgate this fall .) I "archived" a lot of beer reviews elsewhere but, that might be perceived as crazietalk.
    Hmmm, lots of posts to be found "elsewhere" between those 2 dates. I wonder what hoppened...

From 1/14/17:

From 4/7/13:

Trader Joe's 2012 Vintage Ale-Unibroue Brewing

Attachment 7080

OK, cut the laughter, folks. I am serious here. My wife gave me a 750 ml corked and caged bottle of this for Christmas on my "suggestion" for a nice Christmas gift. I saw it last year but never made it to TJs for a bottle or three. I'm headed back there in November or December this year and may buy a case. Beer-o-philes will recognize the brewer as one of the better ones in Canada. Their products include Maudite, La Fin du Monde and Trois Pistoles, three outstanding beverages. TJs sells this annually for about $4.99 or $5.99 for the big bottle and it was a steal. Poured a creamy, thick brown with a light tan, fizzy head. Basically, it's a Belgian style dark ale with spices and natural flavorings added. I think the spices are likely nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice, much like many winter ales. There are also dark fruit tastes. I'd guess the IBU about 30 and the ABV was 9% so this was best served at 55-60 degrees in a tulip or chalice.

From last PM:

Trader Joe's 2016 Vintage Ale-Unibroue Brewing

I can hear the snickering again so cut it out .

This was a $6 or $7 large format bottle that I divided over 2 nights. I don't think it was much different than the 2012 version. Same pour, aromas and tastes with some dark rum on the finish. I tried to find a comparison/sister brew on the Unibroue site but had no luck. I've got 1 bottle left and will age until Christmas this year. Pairings? Figgy pudding or fruitcake.
    From last PM and tonight:

Trader Joe's 2016 Vintage Ale (BB 08/31/19 stamped on bottle)-Unibroue Brewing

I think the laughter has finally died out after about 2 years .

This aged well. All the above descriptions still apply and there might be a hint of licorice in the body of this Belgian-style dubbel ale. I'm sorry I didn't make it to TJ's this season for a bottle or three of this. Outstanding brewery, stellar product at about $3/375 ml serving. Highly recommended.

devildeac reminded me that I've been neglecting my friends here lately, so I figured I'd stop by and relive Tuesday evening:

Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine (2018) - 15.4% ABV Wheat Wine - Goose Island Beer Co. - I deliberated for a full 5 minutes in my beer fridge trying to figure out which to go with for the first half of the game... Was going to go with a Deth's Tar but the red and black labeling scared me off (I still am rattled from the State game last year), but ultimately settled for this safe, neutral yellow labeled 15%er to ease into the Cards game. Aged in Heaven Hill barrels with notes of caramel, butterscotch, toffee and vanilla, it was a great way to ease the pain of the first 30 minutes of the game.

Dragon's Milk Reserve: Toasted Chiles - 11% ABV BA Imperial Stout - New Holland Brewing - Similar to Coach, at some point during the second half I had... not given up necessarily, but my expectations had shifted. I wanted to see some fire and some grit outa the boys, so I went with the only thing I had in my fridge to stoke the flames. Aged with Chili de arbol peppers in their traditional barrels, there was a beautiful spicy afterburn that grew on me along with the notion that one of our Death Lineups might include... Jordan Goldwire?!?!

Also, in case anyone is interested and it hasn't been mentioned upthread; Dark Lord Day is May 18th this year and tix go on sale March 23rd at noon. https://tenemu.com/news/3-floyds-sch...rch-23/01/2019

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    devildeac reminded me that I've been neglecting my friends here lately, so I figured I'd stop by and relive Tuesday evening:

Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine (2018) - 15.4% ABV Wheat Wine - Goose Island Beer Co. - I deliberated for a full 5 minutes in my beer fridge trying to figure out which to go with for the first half of the game... Was going to go with a Deth's Tar but the red and black labeling scared me off (I still am rattled from the State game last year), but ultimately settled for this safe, neutral yellow labeled 15%er to ease into the Cards game. Aged in Heaven Hill barrels with notes of caramel, butterscotch, toffee and vanilla, it was a great way to ease the pain of the first 30 minutes of the game.

Dragon's Milk Reserve: Toasted Chiles - 11% ABV BA Imperial Stout - New Holland Brewing - Similar to Coach, at some point during the second half I had... not given up necessarily, but my expectations had shifted. I wanted to see some fire and some grit outa the boys, so I went with the only thing I had in my fridge to stoke the flames. Aged with Chili de arbol peppers in their traditional barrels, there was a beautiful spicy afterburn that grew on me along with the notion that one of our Death Lineups might include... Jordan Goldwire?!?!

Also, in case anyone is interested and it hasn't been mentioned upthread; Dark Lord Day is May 18th this year and tix go on sale March 23rd at noon. https://tenemu.com/news/3-floyds-sch...rch-23/01/2019
    All excellent choices/pairings. Always look forward to/enjoy your reviews.

I have a regular Bourbon County and the Orange Bourbon County variant our younger son-in-law left over Christmas that I swore would last until his next visit (this weekend) or next Christmas. So far, so good.

I have two Dragon's Milk variants, the Chocolate Cherry and the Banana Coconut. The first will be included in a 30 beers for 30 years birthday gift to our younger daughter in a couple weeks and the latter will likely be shared with our son during that trip.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Only five of eight because I’ve never seen the other three...

https://www.menshealth.com/technolog...alentines-day/

Pilsner... ten of twenty, most of which I’ve never seen to try.

https://gearpatrol.com/2016/04/13/be...?read_single=1

Lastly, my favorite list of the day since I’ve had ‘em all 🍻

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/02/02/best-everyday-ipas/

Up to 4 now after a $2/12 ounce glass of Next Coast last PM. Review to follow.

Belated but it's Hopslam season! If you like IPAs or "double" IPAs, Hopslam is a must drink. If you find any beer that has a better nose, let me know. Smells like pure hop heaven, and has a nice honey sweetness to balance out the high hoppiness.

Bell's makes some awesome beers.
    Trying to figure out when I first posted to Ymm, Beer. The great beer review gap mystery may predate any contributions I have made. Not sure i could even recall how long I lurked before jumping in.
    I *may* have found your first Ymm, Beer post, just over seven years ago. A good start .

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Only five of eight because I’ve never seen the other three...

https://www.menshealth.com/technolog...alentines-day/
    Four on my tabs.