Page 936 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 436836886926934935936937938946986103614361936 ... LastLast
Results 18,701 to 18,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

27AA4A67-42D6-4214-9098-BA4B4E2692D6.jpg

Today from Pinehurst Brewing Company’s tap room. All were good, but the stout was the clear winner. IPA a solid second.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    27AA4A67-42D6-4214-9098-BA4B4E2692D6.jpg

Today from Pinehurst Brewing Company’s tap room. All were good, but the stout was the clear winner. IPA a solid second.
    Do they have any cans/bottles that they release to the world? Sounds like a couple of them might be worth a try.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Two small updates -

Lickinghole Creek blueberry chocolate stout. An imperial stout with cocoa added and supposedly hundred of pounds of blueberries. It was a good stout, not barrel aged. Got the chocolate and roasted notes, but I didn’t get the blueberry.

From Ardent, their barrel aged imperial milk stout. This one was excellent, sweet and boozy. Aged five months in four roses barrels. I need to go back for this one.

On a disappointing note, the Ardent barrel aged honey ginger came and went. Last year I picked up bottles for almost a month. It was spectacular, maybe my #1 of last year. This year it sold out in two days and I got none

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Two small updates -

Lickinghole Creek blueberry chocolate stout. An imperial stout with cocoa added and supposedly hundred of pounds of blueberries. It was a good stout, not barrel aged. Got the chocolate and roasted notes, but I didn’t get the blueberry.

From Ardent, their barrel aged imperial milk stout. This one was excellent, sweet and boozy. Aged five months in four roses barrels. I need to go back for this one.

On a disappointing note, the Ardent barrel aged honey ginger came and went. Last year I picked up bottles for almost a month. It was spectacular, maybe my #1 of last year. This year it sold out in two days and I got none
    Sad, indeed. I still have one 750 ml bottle from a trading session with you last fall that's in the beer fridge that I'm saving until this spring or summer.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Do they have any cans/bottles that they release to the world? Sounds like a couple of them might be worth a try.
    I don’t think they do. Draft-only so far, AFAIK.

Feels like a rehash. Good read nonetheless.

http://thebeertravelguide.com/the-be...ops-in-durham/

I don’t think they do. Draft-only so far, AFAIK.
    In a similar vein, though, I just saw that Incendiary has now started canning some of their beers. Don't know how widely they'll be distributed, but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Feels like a rehash. Good read nonetheless.

http://thebeertravelguide.com/the-be...ops-in-durham/
    Good find. I'd have to add the new HiWire joint to their list.

In a similar vein, though, I just saw that Incendiary has now started canning some of their beers. Don't know how widely they'll be distributed, but it's a start.
    Don't think I've seen any in Raleigh yet. Heck, we don't get many Wise Man brews here.

More for accfanfron1970 as delinquently promised :

Christmas Morning-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Bottle #2 (500 ml) I think from the 2018 GBS Complete Set and shared with younger son-in-law Friday night.

Poured a dark, dark brown with a frothy, generous, mocha-shaded head. Ok, who substituted a cappuccino for my imperial milk stout ? Aromas are almost all espresso and wave after wave of flavors are coffee, too, really masking a subtle, dark chocolate milkshake, honey and vanilla finish with a barely perceptible ginger zing. Beer geek/advanced stats are the same as the original GBS with IBUs at 55 and the ABV at 9.2%, both fairly well hidden. Overall, a very good rating but I think I prefer the original over this variant due to the almost over-powering java presence.

A tip of the tulip to accfanfrom1970 for his brewery visit and pick-up and another to fuse for him and his delivery service finally securing the goods and subsequent meet-up.

Another Ymm, Beer toast/thanks to accfanfrom1970 for allowing this as a trader at a tailgate last fall:

Double Barrel GBS (2017)-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

An Allagash Curieux for this? Hell, yea! I'll call it a draw

I think this was their first try at aging their GBS in two different liquor barrels. One *might* call it a success .

Large format bottle (750 ml) shared with our younger son-in-law late Friday PM/early Saturday AM, easily taking about an hour to finish. Poured the expected dark, dark brown with a modest, tan head. I'm pretty suspicious this one contained alcohol and a generous amount of it (10.6% ABV). Redolent with dark chocolate, spices, dark fruits and booze. Enticing flavors of brown sugar, molasses, amber honey, vanilla, ginger and dark chocolate coat the palate with a warming, potent dark rum (aged four months) and bourbon (also aged four months) finish. Rum baba meets bourbon balls. IBUs roll in at 55, same as the original GBS, but the ABV bar is raised to 10.6% and it is indeed boozy but not in an over-powering fashion. Superb concoction.

Included in the GBS set:

unnamed.jpg

Rum baba meets bourbon balls. IBUs roll in at 55, same as the original GBS, but the ABV bar is raised to 10.6% and it is indeed boozy but not in an over-powering fashion. Superb concoction.[/QUOTE]

This years double barrel is bourbon and brandy. Makes me really want to open this years gbs set only release of run barrel gbs.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Rum baba meets bourbon balls. IBUs roll in at 55, same as the original GBS, but the ABV bar is raised to 10.6% and it is indeed boozy but not in an over-powering fashion. Superb concoction.
    This years double barrel is bourbon and brandy. Makes me really want to open this years gbs set only release of run barrel gbs.[/QUOTE]

I *think* the 2018 Double Barrel GBS weighs in at 14.8% ABV. Have a recliner nearby when you tackle that monster.

https://www.wired.com/story/dont-sav...mpression=true

I won’t double post in the climate change thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.wired.com/story/dont-sav...mpression=true

I won’t double post in the climate change thread.
    I'll toast that article tonight. Thanks.

Unicorn Milk (Twenty-Six Acres Brewing; Concord, NC)

I had never heard of Twenty-Six Acres before, until I saw a four-pack of this one, as well as an American IPA offering, at our local Harris Teeter. Knowing that Mrs. Tripping would like the name, if not the beer, I grabbed a pack. It is a cream ale, brewed with Mexican vanilla and rested on a bed of blueberries. The flavors are subtle, but both the vanilla and the blueberry are discernible. A very smooth, easy-drinking beer, checking in at 6% ABV and an IBU count of 27. Decent enough that I'll be keeping an eye out for others from this relatively new brewery.

Stone's Xocoveza Charred

This ended up being the beer on which I sipped during the NC State game. Take the base Xocoveza (which is basically a stout brewed to taste like Mexican hot chocolate, including ingredients like lactose, flaked oats, coffee, vanilla, pasilla peppers, nutmeg, cinnamon & cocoa), age it for three months in bourbon barrels, and away you go. I do not recall which year's Xocoveza I had (my bad), but it was definitely delicious. The bourbon flavors are present, but nuanced. Although this clocks in at 10+% ABV, it doesn't drink like a high-gravity beer. It is much more quaffable than other BBA's I have had (e.g., Ten Fidy or Sexual Chocolate or Old Rabbit's Foot). The spices blend nicely with it, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out to acquire more bottles of this. I liked it a lot.

Twenty-Six Revolutions (draft)-Twenty-Six Acres (collaboration with Bottle Revolution, Apex, NC) Brewing

$3 for a half pint after work today.

All the goodies you'd expect in/from a NEIPA: Hazy, yellow color with a modest, foamy head. Pineapple-grapefruit flavors with some rind and core with mild tropical bitterness. Estimated IBUs of 40 and the ABV was 6.2%. Would taste again and/or pair with any sweet and sour dishes.
    I had never heard of Twenty-Six Acres before, until I saw a four-pack of this one, as well as an American IPA offering, at our local Harris Teeter. Knowing that Mrs. Tripping would like the name, if not the beer, I grabbed a pack. It is a cream ale, brewed with Mexican vanilla and rested on a bed of blueberries. The flavors are subtle, but both the vanilla and the blueberry are discernible. A very smooth, easy-drinking beer, checking in at 6% ABV and an IBU count of 27. Decent enough that I'll be keeping an eye out for others from this relatively new brewery.
    I thought that sounded vaguely familiar and I do mean vaguely, maybe even remotely, perhaps in the category of "I can't believe I actually remembered that."

This ended up being the beer on which I sipped during the NC State game. Take the base Xocoveza (which is basically a stout brewed to taste like Mexican hot chocolate, including ingredients like lactose, flaked oats, coffee, vanilla, pasilla peppers, nutmeg, cinnamon & cocoa), age it for three months in bourbon barrels, and away you go. I do not recall which year's Xocoveza I had (my bad), but it was definitely delicious. The bourbon flavors are present, but nuanced. Although this clocks in at 10+% ABV, it doesn't drink like a high-gravity beer. It is much more quaffable than other BBA's I have had (e.g., Ten Fidy or Sexual Chocolate or Old Rabbit's Foot). The spices blend nicely with it, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out to acquire more bottles of this. I liked it a lot.
    Hmm, might have to search for this before heading to Columbus and Chicago next week...