Page 998 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 498898948988996997998999100010081048109814981998 ... LastLast
Results 19,941 to 19,960 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The bolded was mostly joking with weezie for not including that wonderful trait of fathers in her list .

I don't have the numbers/polls/advanced stats to prove this but typing out loud here and applying some relatively common knowledge along with the beloved DBR "eye test," I'd conclude the following:

The common double digit growth in the craft beer industry for several years has not resulted in gross numbers large enough (referring to number of people, quantities consumed or both) to make a difference for the falling numbers/quantities of those who have abandoned the international beer giants in favor of liquor, wine and/or craft beers, thereby showing a decrease in overall US beer consumption.

Example (hypothetical estimates):

10,000,000 craft beer drinkers x 10% annual growth=1,000,000 "new" craft beer fans

100,000,000 beer giant drinkers x 2% annual decrease=2,000,000 "less" InBev/MillerCoors fans

This results in a net decrease of 1,000,000 beer drinkers/consumption annually. (The craft/big boy ratio may not be 10% to 90% and may be closer to 12% to 88% in recent years but still would result in a net "loss" of consumption or beer drinkers.)

I hope that makes some sense.
    Beer and math, what could go wrong? 🙄😳🤔🤣

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Beer and math, what could go wrong? 🙄😳🤔🤣
    Posted before leaving work-not drinking beer until after about 8 PM tonight .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Brew Bus Rollin Durty Irish Red Ale

Smells of caramels and chocolate.

Looks and tastes more like a fine brown ale than an Irish style red.

Does not evoke any faint (and fond) memories of Killian’s.

A fine beer with notes of sticky toffee and molasses.

Cheers!

Bourbon Barrel Aged Fat Julian. From Actual Brewing out of Columbus, Ohio. Thought I had exhausted the Ohio gifts from my sister. 750 ml bottle, an imperial stout. Not as sweet as the milk stouts, pours black, a little foam. First aromas were bourbon, in a really good way. Smooth mouth feel, a little roasty, hint of chocolate, boozyness dissipates on the finish. 12%, this was bottled 2018 so aged a little past the year advertised. Nice example of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Bourbon Barrel Aged Fat Julian. From Actual Brewing out of Columbus, Ohio. Thought I had exhausted the Ohio gifts from my sister. 750 ml bottle, an imperial stout. Not as sweet as the milk stouts, pours black, a little foam. First aromas were bourbon, in a really good way. Smooth mouth feel, a little roasty, hint of chocolate, boozyness dissipates on the finish. 12%, this was bottled 2018 so aged a little past the year advertised. Nice example of the genre.
    Ha! Our son has never told me about Actual Brewing. We're headed up there in mid/late July so I'll have to put in an order as he's gonna owe me some brews based on what I'll be delivering to him.

Hoppy Beerthday to me-from last PM and tonight.

120 Minute IPA-Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Why am I posting this on Ymm, Beer? Because there is no Ymm, Gasoline thread. Amirite, fuse?

Bottled On

10/20/17 1545

Twelve ounce bottle divided over two nights. If you don't know why already, please keep reading.

Poured somewhat aggressively into a mini-snifter and all I got was a thin rim of foam that disappeared quickly atop a mildly cloudy, orange-amber elixir. Almost thick aromas of orange rind, pine, orange liqueur and booze. This almost tastes like a poor man's Cointreau with the alcohol burn, resin, pine, more orange rind, some grapefruit and wood (not barrel-aged). IBUs are a palate-scorching 120 (d'oh) with the tongue-numbing ABV is quoted on the DFH site as 15-20% and on Untapped at 18%. It is NOT noted on the label. I think this was close to $10 for the bottle after a case discount about 16 months ago, plus state and local taxes. I'll bet I have 15 bottles left as I've shared a couple, gifted a couple and traded a few others. What will be very interesting will be to share and compare this to a 2009 bottle of this I've had in the fridge for several years.

Why am I posting this on Ymm, Beer? Because there is no Ymm, Gasoline thread. Amirite, fuse?

Bottled On

10/20/17 1545

Twelve ounce bottle divided over two nights. If you don't know why already, please keep reading.

Poured somewhat aggressively into a mini-snifter and all I got was a thin rim of foam that disappeared quickly atop a mildly cloudy, orange-amber elixir. Almost thick aromas of orange rind, pine, orange liqueur and booze. This almost tastes like a poor man's Cointreau with the alcohol burn, resin, pine, more orange rind, some grapefruit and wood (not barrel-aged). IBUs are a palate-scorching 120 (d'oh) with the tongue-numbing ABV is quoted on the DFH site as 15-20% and on Untapped at 18%. It is NOT noted on the label. I think this was close to $10 for the bottle after a case discount about 16 months ago, plus state and local taxes. I'll bet I have 15 bottles left as I've shared a couple, gifted a couple and traded a few others. What will be very interesting will be to share and compare this to a 2009 bottle of this I've had in the fridge for several years.
    Ruh-roh. I miscalculated the "equal portions divided over two nights" on this one as I probably had 5 ounces last PM and 7 ounces tonight AND I have a "half" a bottle of Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout that should also be finished tonight . I'm going to be sipping a while...

Ruh-roh. I miscalculated the "equal portions divided over two nights" on this one as I probably had 5 ounces last PM and 7 ounces tonight AND I have a "half" a bottle of Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout that should also be finished tonight . I'm going to be sipping a while...
    Ya need to toughen up yar liver, man! 🤣

Yes bad/awful joke for several reasons, the least of which is the bad Scottish accent in my head while typing that dinna translate in the written word even a wee bit. 🤔🙄😳😂

Ha! Our son has never told me about Actual Brewing. We're headed up there in mid/late July so I'll have to put in an order as he's gonna owe me some brews based on what I'll be delivering to him.
    Too late. Apparently they closed, chapter 11 in March. Didn’t know until I asked my sister how close they were to her house...

Bottled On

10/20/17 1545

One of a very few “white whale” beers I have tried and not enjoyed. Not sure I’d wait much longer on the 2009.

New must visit brewery in Richmond - Castleburg - they have a draft 7.7% abv . Great name, “ You killed my father, prepare to DIePA”

One of a very few “white whale” beers I have tried and not enjoyed. Not sure I’d wait much longer on the 2009.
    Will likely sip that 2009 version next month when we visit our son in Ohio and compare it with the 2017 version.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    New must visit brewery in Richmond - Castleburg - they have a draft 7.7% abv . Great name, “ You killed my father, prepare to DIePA”
    . The craft beer marketing folks are worth every dollar they're paid.

https://www.themanual.com/food-and-d...es-eric-andre/

If you needed more evidence that Big Beer is in decline and looking to bolster sales, look no further than Miller Lite’s “cantroller”. 🤔😂

Pretty clever, actually.

7venth Sun Graffitti Orange
    Creamsicle Wheat Ale

Smells like a wheat beer, raw and crisp.

I don’t get much other than simple wheat beer, maybe a bit smoother than a normal wheat beer.

Tasty if not exciting.

Waikiki Brewing Hana Hou Hefeweizen

Actually the first beer we had here on Oahu. We grabbed a six-pack of 12-ounce cans. Brewed with orange peel and strawberries. The strawberries give it a cloudier/darker color than the usual bright gold of a standard hefe. None of the fruit flavors are overpowering. A very refreshing beverage on a hot & humid afternoon.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Lanikai Brewing tap room

Finally made it over there. Nice space. They have their own beers, plus guest taps. Their Pillbox Porter, brewed with vanilla from Tahiti, was very tasty. So was their mango wild ale. The two guest beers — an IPA from Aloha Beer and an amber ale from Kohola Brewing — were fairly pedestrian. I’m looking forward to the bottle I purchased of Lanikai’s cuvée, a Golden Strong aged in French Chardonnay barrels.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Mother Earth Lemon Blueberry Berliner Weisse

Oh, what a gorgeous pour.
    Pink, frothy, thick head atop a beer the colour of Cran-blueberry juice.

Nose is lemon curd, vanilla, and blueberry with a whiff of warhead sour candy.

Wow. Lemon cream yields to gentle sour that eases into blueberry pie filling.

A remarkable beer.

Cheers! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Actually the first beer we had here on Oahu. We grabbed a six-pack of 12-ounce cans. Brewed with orange peel and strawberries. The strawberries give it a cloudier/darker color than the usual bright gold of a standard hefe. None of the fruit flavors are overpowering. A very refreshing beverage on a hot & humid afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Finally made it over there. Nice space. They have their own beers, plus guest taps. Their Pillbox Porter, brewed with vanilla from Tahiti, was very tasty. So was their mango wild ale. The two guest beers — an IPA from Aloha Beer and an amber ale from Kohola Brewing — were fairly pedestrian. I’m looking forward to the bottle I purchased of Lanikai’s cuvée, a Golden Strong aged in French Chardonnay barrels.
    Greatly enjoying these reviews from Hawaii!

Mother Earth Lemon Blueberry Berliner Weisse

Oh, what a gorgeous pour.
    Pink, frothy, thick head atop a beer the colour of Cran-blueberry juice.

Nose is lemon curd, vanilla, and blueberry with a whiff of warhead sour candy.

Wow. Lemon cream yields to gentle sour that eases into blueberry pie filling.

A remarkable beer.

Cheers! 🍻
    Sounds waaaaay better than the Blackbeard's Booty that our part-time nurse gave me for my beer-thday on Monday. (But I'm still grateful for her thoughtfulness.)