Page 997 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799599699799899910071047109714971997 ... LastLast
Results 19,921 to 19,940 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Nightcap on Father's Day:

dd04ed42260f48e151347e98d824b937_640x640.jpg

And yes, I'm Qualified .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm guessing these are from your Florida treasure trove delivered yesterday?
    Indeed. I was a bit thirsty on Father’s Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I am hoping to get to their tasting room, but for now a bomber of this IIPA will suffice. More malty than most in this style, it still had a good bit of pine/resin and a little citrus. A good 8.1% way to watch the end of the US Open after a day tooling around the North Shore.
    For those of us who have never made it to Hawaii, raise a glass for us 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I am hoping to get to their tasting room, but for now a bomber of this IIPA will suffice. More malty than most in this style, it still had a good bit of pine/resin and a little citrus. A good 8.1% way to watch the end of the US Open after a day tooling around the North Shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    For those of us who have never made it to Hawaii, raise a glass for us 🍻
    "...raise a glass to the four of us, tomorrow there'll be more of us..."

Sounds like a fine start to the vacation.

A tip of the snifter to fuse on his special day. Maybe even two tips.

Piglette Grissette (draft)-Brewery Bhravana

A pint from last pm as a Father's Day celebration and an early birthday treat.

Belgian table beer. What's that? It's a low bitterness (guessing about 20 IBUs), low potency (ABV is 4.2% on the menu) that is meant to be served with a meal.

This one is actually a sour saison. Pour was a slightly cloudy yellow-straw color with a small, thin head that still had a bit of Belgian lacing on my large tulip about halfway through the ale. Faint aromas of lemons, tart apples and underripe pears with some funk/barnyard on the palate first, followed by some lemongrass, a pinch of black pepper and some apples, pears and lemons at a fairly dry finish. Very pleasant pairing with several outstanding dim sum choices at the restaurant.

Some ore info about the style: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grisette_(beer)

Lanikai Saison

Another solid offering. Brewed with hibiscus flowers and local honey, this is just shy of the “sour” side. A touch of clove and pepper, but just a bit of tart. 7.0% ABV. I actually liked it better than their IIPA. Good stuff.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

A tip of the snifter to fuse on his special day. Maybe even two tips.
    I’m fairly certain it was your special day first 🤣

Tangential to Ymmmm, Beer; went to the opening of Stir Raleigh last night.

Excellent oysters and seafood.
    I’m not much of a cocktail guy- given the restaurant focus, had to try them. My palate for cocktails is not at all sophisticated, and they were also good.

This poll data is six years old but perhaps good enough for current purposes. 53% of men listed beer as their favorite alcoholic drink, whereas 20% of women did. I was curious after devildeac noted how fathers are good at beer pairings. Also interesting -- given the explosion of the craft beer market -- is the 20-ish year decline in the popularity of beer as drinkers' favorite. Though maybe the beer number has improved in these last six years? Perhaps someone can find a more recent poll.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/163787/...-favorite.aspx

Piglette Grissette (draft)-Brewery Bhravana

A pint from last pm as a Father's Day celebration and an early birthday treat.

Belgian table beer. What's that? It's a low bitterness (guessing about 20 IBUs), low potency (ABV is 4.2% on the menu) that is meant to be served with a meal.

This one is actually a sour saison. Pour was a slightly cloudy yellow-straw color with a small, thin head that still had a bit of Belgian lacing on my large tulip about halfway through the ale. Faint aromas of lemons, tart apples and underripe pears with some funk/barnyard on the palate first, followed by some lemongrass, a pinch of black pepper and some apples, pears and lemons at a fairly dry finish. Very pleasant pairing with several outstanding dim sum choices at the restaurant.

Some ore info about the style: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grisette_(beer)
    A gentle poke to be sure- is the the only beer you had on your visit to Brewery Bhavana?

Pretty sure you can get it canned, and their draft menu has some spectacular options.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    This poll data is six years old but perhaps good enough for current purposes. 53% of men listed beer as their favorite alcoholic drink, whereas 20% of women did. I was curious after devildeac noted how fathers are good at beer pairings. Also interesting -- given the explosion of the craft beer market -- is the 20-ish year decline in the popularity of beer as drinkers' favorite. Though maybe the beer number has improved in these last six years? Perhaps someone can find a more recent poll.

I couldn’t find a poll to compare or update.

Anecdotally, this is a devil(deac)’s in the details, or if you prefer, a lies, damn lies and statistics problem (thank you, Mark Twain).

Roughly speaking, the beer market is shrinking in consumption (maybe 2% per year), while the craft segment has been exploding (15-20% year over year growth?).

You end up with the “big beer industry” problem.
    They are so big, their shareholders see and feel the market contraction. Big beer buys little beer to try to counter the market and offset their losses.

Craft beer in general doesn’t have (public) shareholders (Boston Brewing one of the few exceptions) and is more nimble in the market.
    Craft brewers are also innovating and creating trends that drive the market and consumption.

Not sure this in any way really answers your question- hope it was at least a small bit of edutainment 🙄

A gentle poke to be sure- is the the only beer you had on your visit to Brewery Bhavana?

Pretty sure you can get it canned, and their draft menu has some spectacular options.
    Your prod is indeed well-noted () and it was indeed the only beer I had before/during dinner but the temptation was for several more of their outstanding tap list. Plus, I had no. 6 Cellar Door chilling at home but have delayed consumption of that until later this week.

This is interesting data. I'm at work now but will ponder carefully this evening with a craft beer in my glass and see if I'm able to add anything else to fuse's comments.

I couldn’t find a poll to compare or update.

Anecdotally, this is a devil(deac)’s in the details, or if you prefer, a lies, damn lies and statistics problem (thank you, Mark Twain).

Roughly speaking, the beer market is shrinking in consumption (maybe 2% per year), while the craft segment has been exploding (15-20% year over year growth?).

You end up with the “big beer industry” problem.
    They are so big, their shareholders see and feel the market contraction. Big beer buys little beer to try to counter the market and offset their losses.

Craft beer in general doesn’t have (public) shareholders (Boston Brewing one of the few exceptions) and is more nimble in the market.
    Craft brewers are also innovating and creating trends that drive the market and consumption.

Not sure this in any way really answers your question- hope it was at least a small bit of edutainment ��
    It seems wine and liquor grew in popularity as drinkers' favorite drink from 1992 to 2012, and beer declined. My question: I wonder if there has been a bit of a "bounce back" for beer popularity in terms of "favorite drink" from 2012 to now, given the growth of the craft beer market? In other words, maybe more people, today, list beer as their go-to drink than did 5 or 6 years.

Your prod is indeed well-noted () and it was indeed the only beer I had before/during dinner but the temptation was for several more of their outstanding tap list. Plus, I had no. 6 Cellar Door chilling at home but have delayed consumption of that until later this week.
    You. Let. The. Whole. Team. Down. 🤣
    (Not really!)

You. Let. The. Whole. Team. Down. 🤣
    (Not really!)
    Funny stuff. I'll try to do better.

Breweries that try to minimize water use:

https://vinepair.com/articles/brewer...ustainability/

The bolded was mostly joking with weezie for not including that wonderful trait of fathers in her list .

I don't have the numbers/polls/advanced stats to prove this but typing out loud here and applying some relatively common knowledge along with the beloved DBR "eye test," I'd conclude the following:

The common double digit growth in the craft beer industry for several years has not resulted in gross numbers large enough (referring to number of people, quantities consumed or both) to make a difference for the falling numbers/quantities of those who have abandoned the international beer giants in favor of liquor, wine and/or craft beers, thereby showing a decrease in overall US beer consumption.

Example (hypothetical estimates):

10,000,000 craft beer drinkers x 10% annual growth=1,000,000 "new" craft beer fans

100,000,000 beer giant drinkers x 2% annual decrease=2,000,000 "less" InBev/MillerCoors fans

This results in a net decrease of 1,000,000 beer drinkers/consumption annually. (The craft/big boy ratio may not be 10% to 90% and may be closer to 12% to 88% in recent years but still would result in a net "loss" of consumption or beer drinkers.)

I hope that makes some sense.

Breweries that try to minimize water use:

https://vinepair.com/articles/brewer...ustainability/
    Impressive to read those names and numbers.

Tampa Bay Brewing Company (TBBC)
    Last Days of Summer
    Florida Sour Ale with Mango and Peach

I am really digging the Teku glasses (why didn’t I do this sooner?)

Super ripe peach nose, like Del Monte canned peaches in syrup.

Yellow gold in colour; certainly not clear, not intentionally hazy- almost opaque.

Tongue ticklingly bitter up front (almost just an impact of carbonation? Not hoppy in any describable way).

The bubbles give way to a mango smoothness that scrapes over the tongue before the juiciness of peach bursts forth in a dramatic and pleasing sour finish.

Cheers! 🍻