Page 1886 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 886138617861836187618841885188618871888189619361986 ... LastLast
Results 37,701 to 37,720 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    SoPines Raspberry Crush Imperial Berliner Weisse

What a terrific beer. 9+% ABV of pure raspberry. Just sour enough. Dangerously quaffable. Another excellent SoPines brew.
    Sounds delightful!! Unusual for a Berliner Weisse to be topping 9%, isnt it?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Sorry for my takeover of the thread! Just getting caught up from a day or two off.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Sounds delightful!! Unusual for a Berliner Weisse to be topping 9%, isnt it?
    This is the only “imperial” BW that I can ever recall having seen, let alone consumed. It’s *really* good!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Sorry for my takeover of the thread! Just getting caught up from a day or two off.
    Never apologize for posting about beer.

Tonight's first! -

Three Notch'd - Brother Barnabas Tripel
    10.7% ABV
    32 IBU
    Virginia is home to 1 of only 6 Belgian Monasteries in the country. “Brother Barnabas” is one of the oldest, living monks there. The true champagne of beers, this lightly colored, medium bodied Belgian-style Tripel is crisp, refreshing, and highly carbonated with fruity Belgian esters that give a great pear skin, apple, citrus-like profile.

My first sip was a little harsh, I didn't think I was going to like it. Let it sit for 5 minutes and it was muuuch better. Ended up really enjoying it. Bought for Mrs. Nrrrrvous but she has decided to avoid wheat for a week so - aw shucks, looks like I'll have to drink some of them...

A very good example of a triple, lots of the clove/spices you would usually find in a triple, followed up by some nice notes of citrus and wheat.

Glad I've got some more of these in there!

Tonight's first! -

Three Notch'd - Brother Barnabas Tripel
    10.7% ABV
    32 IBU
    Virginia is home to 1 of only 6 Belgian Monasteries in the country. “Brother Barnabas” is one of the oldest, living monks there. The true champagne of beers, this lightly colored, medium bodied Belgian-style Tripel is crisp, refreshing, and highly carbonated with fruity Belgian esters that give a great pear skin, apple, citrus-like profile.

My first sip was a little harsh, I didn't think I was going to like it. Let it sit for 5 minutes and it was muuuch better. Ended up really enjoying it. Bought for Mrs. Nrrrrvous but she has decided to avoid wheat for a week so - aw shucks, looks like I'll have to drink some of them...

A very good example of a triple, lots of the clove/spices you would usually find in a triple, followed up by some nice notes of citrus and wheat.

Glad I've got some more of these in there!
    I *love* a good Tripel. Really missing MEB’s Tripel Overhead.

Tonight's last -

Veil - Black & Blue Tastee

5.5% ABV

Black & Blue Tastee is our Smoothie-style Sour Ale brewed with milk sugar as well as loads of puréed blackberry and blueberry. Tastes like berry Twizzlers and a bowl of fresh berries.

I will say, not my favorite Veil Smoothie-style but still damn delicious.

Not as thick and fruit-filled as some but loads of berry flavor. And the perfect amount of sour to go along with the sweet of the berries.

Veil still does it.

There is no one who does a Smoothie-style dessert beer better.

Glad I have a couple more of these in the closet.

This is the only “imperial” BW that I can ever recall having seen, let alone consumed. It’s *really* good!
    Yeah, one of my favorites - Legend, does some flavored Berliner Weisse but they top out at about 4.5% or so...

Yeah, one of my favorites - Legend, does some flavored Berliner Weisse but they top out at about 4.5% or so...
    Hot take: This is better than New Glarus Raspberry Tart.

Hot take: This is better than New Glarus Raspberry Tart.
    Oooh, that's some praise right there!

Oooh, that's some praise right there!
    Four more ounces. Double the alcohol. And just as well balanced and flavorful. IMHO.

Four more ounces. Double the alcohol. And just as well balanced and flavorful. IMHO.
    Might have to put that to the test.

I just finished a Wisconsin Belgian Red last night. Does it top those?

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    I'll be in NC the week of 3/15, likely Monday to Thursday. Happy to bring some local or localish selections that way.
    Damn. We will actually be in Hendersonville on Friday evening and returning to Winston-Salem on Sunday afternoon.

Might have to put that to the test.

I just finished a Wisconsin Belgian Red last night. Does it top those?
    Belgian Red is a notch above.

How can you still be stocked on New Glarus? Those disappear from my fridge faster than hot dogs at a speed-eating contest!

And that's without a fruit beer buddy .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

We love us some Hell Yes Ma'am in the Nrrrrvous household!

Although, Mrs. Nrrrrvous is trying to go "no wheat" for a week or two. More beer for me!
    What beers do you *have* to share? Tripels and quads only?

Sorry I'm slow getting caught up. That sounds wonderful. I would certainly try that one!
    That is good, because I have some more Marvoloso variants aging in the back of the fridge. Looking forward to sharing on a porch one day (I'm not patient enough to talk about waiting for tailgates right now)

No problem! Tap takeover anytime; hopefully, no nonsense and no slop!!

How can you still be stocked on New Glarus? Those disappear from my fridge faster than hot dogs at a speed-eating contest!
    I had a lot of beer to catch up on clearing out to also get off beer buying probation. When clearing out, I sometimes try to save the best beers if they will keep like New Glarus.

But I try to drink the IPA's as fresh as possible.

I found one that I've had, going back about 2 years:

"Eager to Bleed (draft)-The Veil Brewing Company in collaboration with Angry Chair Brewing (about which I know nothing-yet)

Another local two ounce taster, this one was their first imperial Berliner Weisse.

"... brewed with blood orange, raspberry and sweet cherry"

Appearance was orange-pink with a sweet and tart/sour nose. Berries and orange scents and flavors caress the senses with a bit of pucker along with some lemon/lime (not added). I'll guess IBUs of 10 and the ABV is 8%, rather high for the style but not quite in the same zip code as Southern Pines' Moscow Mule at 12% .

This is another that will have to be seen and tasted by the recipients fingered upthread."