Page 545 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4544549553554354454554654755559564510451545 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Cranberry Pumpkinfest-Terrapin Beer Company

Just enough cranberry juice added to balance the melange of pumpkin pie spices and flavors. Poured a reddish-orangish-amberish hue with a small head. The 12 ounce can I received from my wife's Atlanta cousin was distributed equally among 3 tasters tonight during leftoverfest at the dd household tonight. Aromas were the expected spices and the tartness on the tongue from the berries was a pleasant complement to the other adjuncts. IBUs at 20 with the ABV at 5.5%. Certainly worth a can to try or a small litter to share the love with friends and family.

beer_357529.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

It's New Glarus fruit beer and homemade pie night for desserts at the dd abode.

Wicked Weed Milk & Cookies

Delicious by a campfire with roasted marshmallows.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Old Fashioned (draft)-Wicked Weed

The "other" half pint shared with younger daughter this afternoon with our sammiches.

Pour was a dark brown, certainly lighter than the On Fleek, with little head. Quite the bourbon nose followed by a cherry cola taste with a twist of orange and a generous amount of bourbon in the middle and at the finish. A different interpretation/rendition of the classic Old Fashioned cocktail. The base was somewhere between a brown ale and a porter without the nuttiness of a brown ale or the chocolatey and/or coffee flavors of a porter. I'll guess IBUs of about 30 and the ABV was on the Bottle Revolution electronic draft board at 10%. If fuse hadn't tasted and reviewed it, I might never have tried it either so another +1 for Ymm, Beer. If given a choice, I'd also choose this over the Alltech version, but, they're pretty different ales and I wouldn't hesitate trying a side-by-side or ordering either one again.

Dammit, now I have to make another trip to Wisconsin.

http://newglarusbrewing.com/index.cf...-cow-grand-cru

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It's New Glarus fruit beer and homemade pie night for desserts at the dd abode.
    Unfortunately, Mrs. dd discovered how Serendipity tastes.

"Wow, this doesn't taste like beer at all. It tastes like cranberry-apple-cherry Ocean Spray juice," she cooed as she poured herself almost a six ounce portion from our 25 ounce bottle .

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ok, maybe a bad idea to open a beer this early before the debate.

New Glarus Apple Ale

I have to admit I opened this with some anticipated bias based soley on Redd's Apple Ale advertising (which I have never had).

Says brown ale base with apples.

Very effervescent, and an incredible apple cider nose.
    I try to avoid "sparkles on the tongue" and (too much) hyperbole.
    This beer is worth every superlative I can throw at it.

Fall in a glass (is that a thing?).
    An almost perfect blend of beer and cider.

I'm forcing myself to sip this Apple ale as it is highly quaffable, while at the same time warding off my better half from drinking my glass.

It's funny how things work out.
    I would have thought 2 Apple Ales would have been enough.
    Now that they are gone, I'm thinking a 6 pack or even a 12 pack still would have evaporated before the end of October (or maybe save a couple for Thanksgiving and apple pie).

While I don't know that I would drink more than one of these in a sitting, this beer is such high quality, it's among the best beers I've ever had.

devildeac, thank you!!!!!
    Apple Ale-New Glarus Brewing

I also had the same trepidation in opening this, mine coming from having tasted Redd's apple ale. The New Glarus product is in a totally different universe. We had our first 12 ounce bottle of this last PM, dividing it 3 ways, for our New Glarus fruit beer dessert night. Even Mrs. dd got into the fray, stealing 2-3 sips from my portion. , I mean, .

NG claims a brown ale base but it's a really light brown ale, or, as fuse alludes to above, perhaps a brown ale-cider hybrid. Incredible cidery nose, and I'm not talking a commercial hard cider, I'm talking orchard/farm-pressed fresh apple cider. Same tongue-tickling sensations but bubbly, almost like apple champagne. I'll guess IBUs around 20, if that. ABV probably about 5%-they don't list ABV on any of their products. I could drink this with (for?) breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or dessert. I'll stop there as fuse has a far better description above. Outstanding beer, and I likewise, wish I had another half case or more of this in the "cellar."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Dammit, now I have to make another trip to Wisconsin.

http://newglarusbrewing.com/index.cf...-cow-grand-cru
    I took notice of this in social media and was going to give you a hard time later.

In unrelated news, Wicked Weed only bottled enough Red Atrial to get to wristband #180 in line this morning.

Calling duketaylor...

Rum Barrel Gingerbread stout release at Hardywood.

Fuse

I think I can take care of that. I hope it's bottled and available to a degree. I'll check tomorrow.

Octoberfest-Foothills Brewing

Better late than never .

Finally downed this 12 ounce trader from dpslaw tonight (thanks!) with some pulled pork, slaw, lima beans, stuffing, baked sweet potatoes and some marinated green bean/peas/onions/red peppers. Pour was a medium brown with a small head. Nutty and earthy aromas with flavors of toasted bread, almonds, light brown sugar and herbal bitterness. IBUs and ABV both a bit high for the style at 42 and 5.8, respectively. Solid entry in a crowded field.

New Glarus Serendipity

It had to happen sometime :-)

The first wax capped beer I've ever been ale to open with just a simple bottle opener.

The first pfffft of opening the cap immediately released thick fruit aromas throughout the room. Even after pouring into two glasses I am fairly certain I could be content to smell that bottle forever.

Head was thick and pink and has staying power.

Nose is like cherry jello.

Mouthfeel is not as thick as Raspberry Tart (the memory anyway) but close.

I'm not sure what New Glarus knows about fruit and beer that no one else knows.
    Aside from possibly real Belgian Kriek and Framboise lambics, I have never had a better fruit beer than New Glarus.

Rich cherries, cinnamon, tartness from cranberries, and a cinnamon-y apple finish.

Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!

Words insufficient beyond find it, buy it, drink it, enjoy it!
    Serendipity-New Glarus Brewing

^^^^

I'll not often "steal" someone's review, but, in this case, everything fits. Perfectly. There was almost a fight at the dd household Friday night as the 3 original tasters added a 4th during the consumption of our 750 ml bottle of this as I found Mrs. dd pouring herself about 4-5 ounces of this and that's never done while fine, hand-crafted ales are being tasted. I think she's sipped 4 ounces of beer in our blessed 38+ year marriage and, yes, it was the Raspberry Tart fuse mentioned above, which she referred to as "raspberry champagne." Serendipity was "not beer" in her words and tasted like a sweet, organic 100% juice blend of cherries and apples with a slight pucker from the Wisconsin cranberries. The Apple Ale (ratebeer 98) was a tough act to follow but this readily and easily surpassed it (ratebeer 100). There's one more bottle remaining and that'll be a Christmas tasting, if I can hide it from her that long .

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    I think I can take care of that. I hope it's bottled and available to a degree. I'll check tomorrow.
    Please add 2 bottles to fuse's order if you're able .

Rum barrel Hardywood GBS

Not sold in stores as I can figure. I'll go by Hardywood in the next few days and buy a few. No biggie; they're 15 minutes from my house.

Just when I thought Dogfish Head had tried every imaginable additive to their ales, they release this:

http://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/beer-breakfast

Buyer beware.

"A stout tricked out with all sorts of breakfast ingredients including Guatemalan Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Massachusetts and for the quintessential Delaware breakfast touch - Rapa Scrapple and their secret blend of spices. "

Scrapple?!?!

WTF?

Oskar Blues Rum barrel aged death by coconut

https://www.oskarblues.com/blog/show/18

Taproom in Brevard selling up to twelve 19oz cans.

Maybe some Ashevillians will take a road trip and share?

Plenty of time to plan, event is 12/17.

Oskar Blues Rum barrel aged death by coconut

https://www.oskarblues.com/blog/show/18

Taproom in Brevard selling up to twelve 19oz cans.

Maybe some Ashevillians will take a road trip and share?

Plenty of time to plan, event is 12/17.
    I had this at the brewery a month or two ago - fantastic stuff. May have reviewed it here actually. I'm not good with the DBR search feature...probably wasn't much of a "review" anyways

19oz cans? Wow...may be worth the 20 minute drive to Brevard.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I had this at the brewery a month or two ago - fantastic stuff. May have reviewed it here actually. I'm not good with the DBR search feature...probably wasn't much of a "review" anyways

Never mind, that was the rum barrel aged Ten Fidy.

I'll place an order for 2-4 cans. Pleeeaaassse.

The link seems to suggest rum barrel ten fidy also.