Page 494 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 3944444844924934944954965045445949941494 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Still have some Warlock in my beer fridge waiting for some event (ANY event) to get into it again! Also have some of the Creme Brule', which I have not tried yet. Saving it for somethi9ng special too---like a Tuesday or a Wednesday, or whatever.

ricks
    I think we had a beer cocktail several years ago at a tailgate mixing Pumpking with a porter or an imperial stout and were pleased with our beertendering. IIRC, I think the best ratio we decided on was about 3 parts stout/porter and 1 part Pumpking. Reminds me of Warlock.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Hey guys, only 140 to go to get to 10,000. Keep drinking and posting. I'm obviously (maybe not due to the ability to edit out so many of my typing errors) doing my part.

riocks (oops. misssed that one--, now two)

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think we had a beer cocktail several years ago at a tailgate mixing Pumpking with a porter or an imperial stout and were pleased with our beertendering. IIRC, I think the best ratio we decided on was about 3 parts stout/porter and 1 part Pumpking. Reminds me of Warlock.
    Mixed two at Highland a few days ago, but forgot what they were. One was a small batch Warrior Series blonde, I think, with some kind of a barrel aged heavy beer. It came out great.

ricks

Mother Earth Brewing

Drove by their brewery on the way to Emerald Isle today. Any thoughts on their offerings? Worth a stop on the way home Sunday?

Thx. Have 2 12-pack samplers for the week and will post on their merits as I sip and try to catch some large swimming things

Uh oh...

I hope Ricks68 has uber

Going to Carowinds tomorrow, hopefully they have some decent beer below $12/pint.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Drove by their brewery on the way to Emerald Isle today. Any thoughts on their offerings? Worth a stop on the way home Sunday?

Thx. Have 2 12-pack samplers for the week and will post on their merits as I sip and try to catch some large swimming things
    Only beer I remember having from them was their Silent Night winter seasonal. 10/10. I think it is someone heres favorite beer of all time (fuse?). I know I've had others, but couldn't tell you what they were. I would definitely stop by if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Mixed two at Highland a few days ago, but forgot what they were. One was a small batch Warrior Series blonde, I think, with some kind of a barrel aged heavy beer. It came out great.

ricks
    Have you tried the new Highland Pilsner? I'm not a huge pilsner drinker, but that one is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Only beer I remember having from them was their Silent Night winter seasonal. 10/10. I think it is someone heres favorite beer of all time (fuse?). I know I've had others, but couldn't tell you what they were. I would definitely stop by if I were you.
    Definitely worth a visit. I love their Tripel Overhead Belgian (as devildeac well knows), and their Dark Cloud Dunkel is very good as well. Am wary of their tomato beer, but otherwise haven't had a bad beer from MEB.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

K, thx, may stop by on way home or just look for some while.

I'd wager you'd like their Weeping Willow Wit, Endless River, Park Day and perhaps Dark Cloud. Their Tripel Overhead, a BBA Belgian-style tripel/golden ale was brewed in April and they might have some 4 packs at the brewery store. A bit spendy but an outstanding concoction.

Going to Carowinds tomorrow, hopefully they have some decent beer below $12/pint.
    I'd forget beer in the park and visit Heist, NoDa, Triple C and Unknown on your way out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Definitely worth a visit. I love their Tripel Overhead Belgian (as devildeac well knows), and their Dark Cloud Dunkel is very good as well. Am wary of their tomato beer, but otherwise haven't had a bad beer from MEB.
    Ssshhh. Don't warn him about Homegrown. I want someone to actually try it and review it here (or perhaps on another beer thread ).

I'd forget beer in the park and visit Heist, NoDa, Triple C and Unknown on your way out of town.
    I'll have to convince the driver

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    If you can finish a full 12oz can of the Flanders Red without wondering why you are doing this to yourself, I will be impressed.
    First impression:

stock-photo-man-eating-lemon-isolated-on-white-6830008.jpg

Or something like that.

If you can finish a full 12oz can of the Flanders Red without wondering why you are doing this to yourself, I will be impressed.
    Done. Final impressions:

Flanders Red-Destihl Brewing

From their Wild Sour series, which amazingly contains 11 beers according to their website. This one poured a brilliant ruby-amber color with a small, fizzy head. Aromas were "corked" or "turned" wines and sour cherries. Tastes were lactic acid, vinegar, Sour Patch cherry kids and Warheads. I haven't had a Rodenbach for probably a decade or more but this really reminded me of that ale. Amazingly, I didn't wonder "why" as fuse mentioned, probably because he had prepared me what to expect with his review, plus, the distant memory of the intense sourness of a Belgian Flanders red ale. IBUs are 15 and the ABV is 6.1%. This is worth a single purchase for anyone wishing to try the style (I think I spent about $10 for the 4 pack) but I doubt it'll be added to your favorite list. I'll return to Total Wine later this week and buy a single Rodenbach and probably do a side-by-side, either by myself or with our son who we'll be visiting next weekend. I think it's that authentic/close to the traditional Belgian offering.

This is why this thread is soooo good. I'd have likely never tried this without fuse's recent review.

Mother Earth is one of my favorite breweries, particularly for their Silent Night and Tripel Overhead.

Most of their beer doesn't stand out in a crowded marketplace. In spite of that, it's all good beer.

Taking my son there in a week- any recommendations on rides or if the fast pass cost is worth it would be greatly appreciated.

Done. Final impressions:

Flanders Red-Destihl Brewing

From their Wild Sour series, which amazingly contains 11 beers according to their website. This one poured a brilliant ruby-amber color with a small, fizzy head. Aromas were "corked" or "turned" wines and sour cherries. Tastes were lactic acid, vinegar, Sour Patch cherry kids and Warheads. I haven't had a Rodenbach for probably a decade or more but this really reminded me of that ale. Amazingly, I didn't wonder "why" as fuse mentioned, probably because he had prepared me what to expect with his review, plus, the distant memory of the intense sourness of a Belgian Flanders red ale. IBUs are 15 and the ABV is 6.1%. This is worth a single purchase for anyone wishing to try the style (I think I spent about $10 for the 4 pack) but I doubt it'll be added to your favorite list. I'll return to Total Wine later this week and buy a single Rodenbach and probably do a side-by-side, either by myself or with our son who we'll be visiting next weekend. I think it's that authentic/close to the traditional Belgian offering.

This is why this thread is soooo good. I'd have likely never tried this without fuse's recent review.
    I'd be interested in the results of your side by side tasting.

Off the top of my head, pretty sure it will be mellow(Rodenbach) meets intense(Destihl).

Taking my son there in a week- any recommendations on rides or if the fast pass cost is worth it would be greatly appreciated.
    Haven't been in probably 4 years. I know they have a new ride that opened last year that is the tallest and fastest giga coaster (whatever that is) in the world.