Page 102 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    The patience is tough. That's why I always buy a couple of any beer I want to age.

What's everyone drinking for the Super Bowl? I have Avery 14'er ESB which is a rare session beer both for me and the brewery.
    I got a case of Spaten Oktoberfest at Sam's club in Winston Salem Friday. They finally dropped the price down to $20. It has really mellowed since they first got it. Taste is very complex and the alcohol bite is nearly non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    I got a case of Spaten Oktoberfest at Sam's club in Winston Salem Friday. They finally dropped the price down to $20. It has really mellowed since they first got it. Taste is very complex and the alcohol bite is nearly non-existent.
    Sounds delicious.

In celebration of the Steeler victory I'm opening a bottle of Avery Fifteen.

GO STEELERS!!!

Has anyone else had Goose Island's 312 beer. It is billed as an "urban wheat", whatever that means (I picture wheat fields growing in parking lots). Some of the local drinking establishments are now featuring it on tap. It is a pleasant tasting brew with a few fruit flavors that linger. I had it with a fish sandwich, and it went down easily.

This thread made it to page two, so it needed a post.

Stopped at the liquor looking for two particular things, neither of which were available. Nonetheless, it was a good trip. I picked up a bottle of DFH Red & White (an oak aged, blended wit beer with pinot noir juice added), Lefthand Warrior IPA (a fresh hopped IIPA), Russian River Blind Pig IPA, Lost Abbey Red Barn Ale (a farmhouse ale), and two bottles of Avery Samael's (oak aged english strong ale; bottled in April 2008). I'll probably try and pick up another bottle or two of the last one for the "cellar".

Not a bad haul.

Now you'll have to find some DFH Black and Blue. I've never tasted it but I think it is a black raspberry and blueberry beer but I'd look at their web site first.

Forgot one from a couple weeks ago: French Broad Brewing Company Wee Heavy-er. A well done representative of the scotch ale variety tasted during our Asheville trip. Deep brown with a hint of smokiness, lots of maltiness/toffee or dark caramel flavors with a bit of hop bite. Quite smooth overall. Matched nicely with pan-seared scallops with a balsamic vinagrette drizzle and a vegetable ratatouille. 7% ABV. Reminded me quite a bit of CB&B's scotch ale from Brunchgate. That's quite a compliment, too.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Forgot one from a couple weeks ago: French Broad Brewing Company Wee Heavy-er. A well done representative of the scotch ale variety tasted during our Asheville trip. Deep brown with a hint of smokiness, lots of maltiness/toffee or dark caramel flavors with a bit of hop bite. Quite smooth overall. Matched nicely with pan-seared scallops with a balsamic vinagrette drizzle and a vegetable ratatouille. 7% ABV. Reminded me quite a bit of CB&B's scotch ale from Brunchgate. That's quite a compliment, too.
    Thanks and I don't think I've had any of their brews, I'll have to keep my eye out. I wonder how far east they distribute.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

LOVE this stuff, but it will kick your bottom area of your body that you use to sit on.

Last edited by Mr Blue Devil; 02-04-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    LOVE this stuff, but it will kick your I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.!!!

Not to hijack this thread (is that possible 2,000+ posts in?) but isn't the word "wanker" worse than the word it replaced in Mr. Blue Devil's post? Yes, the word than can also mean a type of equine should be filtered. But "wanker" can mean something that is even more inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    Not to hijack this thread (is that possible 2,000+ posts in?) but isn't the word "wanker" worse than the word it replaced in Mr. Blue Devil's post? Yes, the word than can also mean a type of equine should be filtered. But "wanker" can mean something that is even more inappropriate.
    Wow, I got that for editing the bad word with a $ $?

Tonight calls for something stiff, so I poured a glass of Samael's into a double old fashioned glass and am sipping while going between DBR and a book. If not for this beer, I'd be drinking Bulleit because nothing else in my fridge was going to cut it.

This beer is 2008 vintage, and was bottled in April of last year. Surprisingly, it's still very boozy on the nose. In addition to the alcohol smell, it has heavy notes of vanilla, butter, and apple. The flavor is very rich and creamy with lots of caramel and an acidic, cidery flavor. It also completely covers your mouth and lingers for a long while. It reminds me of a nice old country chardonnay--oaky and rich. The flavors are complex (and there's a lot I can't pick out) right now, but I imagine this beer will be fantastic as it mellows. ABV is over 15%.

I had a Blasphemy tonight. Think about the implications of that one.

At the Denver International Airport again, but this time have only a 45 minute layover between flights. Just enough time to return to the Rock Bottom and have another Molly's Titanic, which I am doing right now! Same review as last Friday.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Oh, had a couple of Corona's last night at a Mexican restaurant here, but I'll skip the review.
    There's a "ychh, beer" thread for that. (jk folks, I know there is a time a place for light lagers and lawnmower beers...)[/QUOTE]

Do I get kicked out of the Ymmmm Beer thread for loving Corona Light? 'Cause I luuuuuuv Corona Light !
    Last edited by DukePA; 02-05-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: OMG!! I'm Grant Hill!! Must stop posting!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    'Cause I luuuuuuv Corona Light !
    Grant Hill luuuuuuvs Corona Light!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Stone collaboration triple..

My local source had a nice stash of this collaboration between Stone-Mikkeller-Alesmith in 12oz bottles. As a big fan of Stone and tripels, I picked up 5 of them.. Not a bad beer but not the best tripel I've ever had. Pours a very pale orange color..Taste was good but very dry compared to other tripels...bit hoppy. Sounds like a limited edition brew so I'm glad i got to try it but I won't be rushing to the store to be the rest of their stock..

http://beernews.org/2008/07/belgian-...collaboration/

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    There's a "ychh, beer" thread for that. (jk folks, I know there is a time a place for light lagers and lawnmower beers...)
    Do I get kicked out of the Ymmmm Beer thread for loving Corona Light? 'Cause I luuuuuuv Corona Light ![/QUOTE]

I think we need to start a thread for "grocery store beer."

I <3 Corona Extra. It is not a thick or chunky beer.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Do I get kicked out of the Ymmmm Beer thread for loving Corona Light? 'Cause I luuuuuuv Corona Light !
    I think we need to start a thread for "grocery store beer."

I <3 Corona Extra. It is not a thick or chunky beer.[/QUOTE]

Some of us might take this under consideration...

Blasphemy-Weyerbacher Brewing Company-Their Quad offering aged in oak/whiskey barrels. I know a tripple but can't figure out how you ferment an ale 4 times. Brownish-orange in color with some typical elements of a tripple (dark fruit). Tons of maltiness, mild hop presence and woody/oaky with hints of vanilla and orange peel. A mild whiskey taste in the finish. IBU not known but probably 60-70 range. 11% ABV so this was a bomber divided over 2 nights. I am convinced I have found an east coast rival for the Avery folks. Are you reading, RMD?

Have people in this thread been drinking so much that they can't figure out how to keep quotes working?...