Page 2072 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 107215721972202220622070207120722073207420822122 ... LastLast
Results 41,421 to 41,440 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Had this one last night:

https://store.boulevard.com/collecti...-fl-oz-crowler

Would drink again - I liked the ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Beer cocktail:

Raspberry Tart and Wisconsin Belgian Red-New Glarus Brewing Company

Double decadence. Cherry and raspberry lambics/juices chilled and mixed 1:1 in champagne flutes. Living the high life.
    You MAY have talked me into trying this. Maybe.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Had this one last night:

I liked a ginger once, but she didn’t like me back.

Oh, but the beer looks tasty — will have to hunt for it!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

BBA honey ginger from Ardent here in Richmond. Cat3 beer. If/when they brew it again I will buy enough for you, DD, RJ, Glenn, Geoff, and me. Seriously, I may buy it all.

FIRESTONE WALKER
    2021 Parabola 13.6%

Of all the beers in our Proprietor’s Vintage Series, Parabola is the most notorious. It is always a beast of a beer, with intense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and roasted coffee—yet each annual release also bears its own subtle imprint. For the first time ever, this year’s edition was aged for 12 months in an equal mix of bourbon, rye and wheat whiskey barrels, accentuating the beer’s signature richness and intensity with vintage-specific hints of black pepper and cereal grain.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    BBA honey ginger from Ardent here in Richmond. Cat3 beer. If/when they brew it again I will buy enough for you, DD, RJ, Glenn, Geoff, and me. Seriously, I may buy it all.
    Deal!

FIRESTONE WALKER
    2021 Parabola 13.6%

Of all the beers in our Proprietor’s Vintage Series, Parabola is the most notorious. It is always a beast of a beer, with intense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and roasted coffee—yet each annual release also bears its own subtle imprint. For the first time ever, this year’s edition was aged for 12 months in an equal mix of bourbon, rye and wheat whiskey barrels, accentuating the beer’s signature richness and intensity with vintage-specific hints of black pepper and cereal grain.
    A SUBTLE TWIST
    Each year our Parabola release has spent around twelve months in 100% bourbon barrels. This year we tried something a little different. The same base beer was matured in equal thirds bourbon, rye whiskey and wheated bourbon barrels, then blended together.

“Brewers associate rye as bringing really great black pepper notes to beer, along with a rye bread character,” Eric says. “The wheated bourbon barrels add a sweeter mouthfeel, and a cereal grain character which comes through as well. It just adds a layer of depth and complexity even deeper than Parabola already had. “

Eric also revealed the pedigree of barrels used in Parabola’s latest vintage.

“This year, the blend is eight-year Buffalo Trace bourbon, twelve-year Weller wheated bourbon and six-year Templeton rye whiskey barrels. I think people are really going to be stoked about this year’s beer. We work to keep on upping the ante, and this year we set an even higher bar.”

I liked a lime ginger just this weekend . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Had this one last night:

That's great! A gose is not an easy style to like but, if "flavored," they are quite refreshing.

Here's an old Boulevard review from 2015:

"Ginger Lemon Radler-Boulevard Brewing

If it weren't for this thread, I'd likely have never tried this.

What's a radler?

http://www.germanbeerinstitute.com/Radler.html

Fullsteam Cack-A-Lacky meets lemon soda.

or

Canada Dry meets Simply Lemonade

Poured a hazy yellow with a slightly foamy head which disappeared fairly quickly. Smelled like fresh squeezed lemon,s and lots of them, in a glass of ginger ale. Tastes? No surprise here either with lemon soda infused with ginger. Very pleasant and effervescent. Even the faint of tongue/palate could drink this at 4.1% ABV and 12 IBU. I enjoyed this with a 1/4 rack of ribs, steamed broccoli and a corn and black bean salad with green and red peppers and chopped red onions.

Availability at a tailgate near you. Soon."

I didn't see it on their current beers-to-go list and not sure if they brew it any more, but, if you liked the ginger, I think you'd enjoy this as a spring/summer refresher.

Ymm, Beer indeed.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    You MAY have talked me into trying this. Maybe.
    Ha!

Mrs. dd liked it but still prefers the Raspberry Tart by itself (more for me ).

You could have one fruit juice cocktail with and one without a splash (or two) of vodka.

Boulevard distributes pretty widely as they're owned by Duvel-Moortgat so there's a reasonable chance of you finding it at a Total Wine or a specialty craft beer/wine shop. Good luck.

Oh, and BTW, Mary Anne was better.

I'll happily pay for my allotment. Great beer.

FIRESTONE WALKER
    2021 Parabola 13.6%

That is a world class beer. I've shared one, courtesy of our son around Christmas last year.

Deal!
    I'll vouch for accfan; he delivers, too. Plus, he's correct almost every time about his beers. I had to clarify "correct" and "beers" as his wife would claim otherwise on all other issues and can't be convinced otherwise.

A SUBTLE TWIST
    Each year our Parabola release has spent around twelve months in 100% bourbon barrels. This year we tried something a little different. The same base beer was matured in equal thirds bourbon, rye whiskey and wheated bourbon barrels, then blended together.

“Brewers associate rye as bringing really great black pepper notes to beer, along with a rye bread character,” Eric says. “The wheated bourbon barrels add a sweeter mouthfeel, and a cereal grain character which comes through as well. It just adds a layer of depth and complexity even deeper than Parabola already had. “

Eric also revealed the pedigree of barrels used in Parabola’s latest vintage.

“This year, the blend is eight-year Buffalo Trace bourbon, twelve-year Weller wheated bourbon and six-year Templeton rye whiskey barrels. I think people are really going to be stoked about this year’s beer. We work to keep on upping the ante, and this year we set an even higher bar.”
    And, very likely, an even higher price.

Clarification: Our younger son-in-law and I each had about 6 ounce portions of this and he finished the remainder Sunday night after we departed.

More clarification: Same younger son-in-law and I equally divided the contents of this can over about an hour Saturday night. There's no "saving/corking" the leftovers of pint cans .