Page 1228 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 228728112811781218122612271228122912301238127813281728 ... LastLast
Results 24,541 to 24,560 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Lunch time beer today, still reeling and drinking after last night’s game.

Veil’s latest Tefnut - Blueberry Muffin Imperial Gose Ale with blueberries, vanilla and milk sugar. 11% abv. It’s sweet, tart, a hint of salt. Again, hard to believe this is a beer. It is delicious, cat 3 if you like the style. Brewed in collaboration with Omnipollo. A beer when your in the mood for a different beer. Ymmmm indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    That's only on Dark Lord Day

Someone is going to have to host the March Virtual Brewpub in my absence... I think I'll use that day to poll the group for input on which beer I should target as my celebratory 6th title Easter beer and which I should set aside as my Arkansas/UConn/LSU/Mercer/Lehigh/MSU beer as something that will make me feel slightly better but will also ruin any future tastings of said beer (Blue Sunday Sour will always be associated with MSU, SinCity Steam Lager will always remind me of Mercer and my ruined Vegas trip, etc.)
    Tradition (all 7 months of it ) has been for the prior host to solicit/name a volunteer to host the next month and the new host chooses the date and style to taste/discuss. Therefore, you're "on the clock" again to nominate your successor who will hopefully graciously accept the mantle and carry on the duty. (any of the regulars here will be delighted to suggest someone/s who needs to "step up" and fulfill the role of the next OAD )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Lunch time beer today, still reeling and drinking after last night’s game.

Veil’s latest Tefnut - Blueberry Muffin Imperial Gose Ale with blueberries, vanilla and milk sugar. 11% abv. It’s sweet, tart, a hint of salt. Again, hard to believe this is a beer. It is delicious, cat 3 if you like the style. Brewed in collaboration with Omnipollo. A beer when your in the mood for a different beer. Ymmmm indeed.
    IIRC, they've have several Tefnut collaborations w/Omnipollo.

Sylvan-Brewery Bhavana

Local for me; nearby for RJ199

Credit-RJ199, of course; thanks!!
    Style-wine barrel aged saison
    Format-wax capped 500 ml bottle, half now, half tomorrow
    Stemware-Gouden Carolus chalice
    Appearance-clean; reddish amber (WTH? a saison?); few bubbles on top
    Nose-vinous
    Mouthfeel-a mild pucker
    Tastes-berries and cherries, oh my; red zinfandel, tannins; mildly tart; hints of dark chocolate
    Adjuncts-none listed
    IBU-10ish
    ABV-6.2%
    Overall impression-to quote fuse, this is a brilliant beer; their original saison aged in red wine barrels for 2 years
    Ymm, Beer rating-front and center, top shelf cat 3; I could go broke sipping this every couple weeks; highly recommended but likely not available

Here's RJ199's original review:

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Sylvan 2018 - Brewery Bhavana - 6.2% ABV -

From the bottle - "The 2nd iteration of this single barrel series comes from barrel 77, which waited in our wood cellar for nearly 2 years, slowly souring this deep, dark beer and unearthing notes of stone fruit, funk, and chocolate."

I must preface that I love sours. I'm a guy who gets the fries with vinegar at the fair and a southerner who prefers apple cider vinegar on my turnip greens.

If you also love dark sour beers, this is Fuse Category 1 (or was it Category 3, devildeac?) I think it was Category 1 - Holy Shnikeys - try this beer, get some! Loved it.

Pours like dark root beer.

I can taste the chocolate undertones which are subtle, but fun. There are definitely some kind of fruit notes. I don't even know what a stonefruit is - but I've evidently had it in lots of good beers. There is certainly funk, but I love it and it's complex. It tastes like balsamic vinegar throughout, tart in a good way to me, uniquely balanced, and not too overpowering IF you like sours.

I just don't have the discriminating palate of some of you, but Untapped suggests to me that these fruit notes include touch of tart cherry, tart plum flavors forward, oaky, and vinous finish. The power of suggestion is strong, and I would agree with all that nuance. Deep flavor. Bhavana makes great barrel-aged mixed fermentation beer!

I should add the bottle says Saison, but this is straight up sour. I thought I didn't think Saisons were my favorite. This tastes more like a funky sour than a saison IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sylvan-Brewery Bhavana

Local for me; nearby for RJ199

Credit-RJ199, of course; thanks!!
    Style-wine barrel aged saison
    Format-wax capped 500 ml bottle, half now, half tomorrow
    Stemware-Gouden Carolus chalice
    Appearance-clean; reddish amber (WTH? a saison?); few bubbles on top
    Nose-vinous
    Mouthfeel-a mild pucker
    Tastes-berries and cherries, oh my; red zinfandel, tannins; mildly tart; hints of dark chocolate
    Adjuncts-none listed
    IBU-10ish
    ABV-6.2%
    Overall impression-to quote fuse, this is a brilliant beer; their original saison aged in red wine barrels for 2 years
    Ymm, Beer rating-front and center, top shelf cat 3; I could go broke sipping this every couple weeks; highly recommended but likely not available
    Great minds and all that stuff...

Enjoyed a couple Red Oak Hummingbirds tonight.

Super smooth, easy drinking.

Went great with tortilla soup.

Sycamore Juicy Pop Golden Ale

I have had some good recent success with Sycamore beers, so when I saw this one on the shelf, I took a flyer on a four-pack of 16-ounce cans. This is a golden ale brewed with strawberries and pineapple. Pours a dark gold, and kinda cloudy, with a generous white head. Because I have been drinking their IPA's recently, my brain has been trained a little to think "hoppy" when I crack open a Sycamore can. I needed to retrain. This one has a bit of sweetness to it, and a really well-rounded, full-bodied mouthfeel. The strawberry and pineapple flavors didn't come forward on the first few sips, but really hit the palate about midway through the glass, as it warmed up a bit. Very balanced. A solid Cat 2 beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Sycamore Juicy Pop Golden Ale

I have had some good recent success with Sycamore beers, so when I saw this one on the shelf, I took a flyer on a four-pack of 16-ounce cans. This is a golden ale brewed with strawberries and pineapple. Pours a dark gold, and kinda cloudy, with a generous white head. Because I have been drinking their IPA's recently, my brain has been trained a little to think "hoppy" when I crack open a Sycamore can. I needed to retrain. This one has a bit of sweetness to it, and a really well-rounded, full-bodied mouthfeel. The strawberry and pineapple flavors didn't come forward on the first few sips, but really hit the palate about midway through the glass, as it warmed up a bit. Very balanced. A solid Cat 2 beer.
    Hmmm, might have to look for a can of this tonight or this weekend.

Beer exchange with fuse this evening. No tap list is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Beer exchange with fuse this evening. No tap list is safe.
    Hope you roll lots of strikes . . . . .

Hope you roll lots of strikes . . . . .
    Maybe not this meet-up but certainly next month in the Twin Cities...

Burial...not just for Asheville any more 😁

Think anyone’s drinking Corona these days?

Ironically maybe?

While one does not generally top a beer meetup with devildeac, in the midst of a valiant attempt with 2018 BBA GBS.
    🍻

I heard it's gone viral.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    While one does not generally top a beer meetup with devildeac, in the midst of a valiant attempt with 2018 BBA GBS.
    🍻
    Winner. By a huuuuge margin.

Contrary to expectations, they still have beer on tap at Burial Beer Hall-The Exhibit at the Transfer Company Food Hall in downtown Raleigh after the fuse-devildeac attempt to "kick" several kegs.

An endorsement for Ymm, Beer on the Duke vs Kentucky thread on the EK Forum. Thanks!!

Attn fuse:

What were those beers I should've tasted tonight or look for next time I get to Burial?