Page 1874 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 874137417741824186418721873187418751876188419241974 ... LastLast
Results 37,461 to 37,480 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

I'll give a shout-out to Foothills bar-food, Shanewich, loaded tots, home-made Ketchup, and most of all for their big TV's where Duke has never lost when i watch.

Their vertical sexual chocolate flights with Olde Rabbit's Foot ain't too shabby either

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not sure I've had this one but it sounds familiar.
    I'm pretty sure you've had it. This is a re-release along with Amen Break, Neon God, and Baal. I put Dancing on My Own in a mixed 4-pack of New Anthem several months ago around last May with Amen Break also I believe for you & fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I thought this sounded familiar.
    Ha just saw that you found it. I should have known you would

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'll give a shout-out to Foothills bar-food, Shanewich, loaded tots, home-made Ketchup, and most of all for their big TV's where Duke has never lost when i watch.

Their vertical sexual chocolate flights with Olde Rabbit's Foot ain't too shabby either
    A bit of envy here on both the beer mentions.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'm pretty sure you've had it. This is a re-release along with Amen Break, Neon God, and Baal. I put Dancing on My Own in a mixed 4-pack of New Anthem several months ago around last May with Amen Break also I believe for you & fuse.
    Yea, I followed up my post you quoted with a bit of research (ya know, instead of just posting) and located my review from August, 2020, at which time you were properly credited.

Ha just saw that you found it. I should have known you would
    Oops, and now I just saw that you found what I found. But, what the heck...

Another fanboy/girl alert:

Looks like Permanent Crease will be queued up tomorrow night.

There *might* be a stop at Bottle Rev after dinner tomorrow evening:

"The Broken Tree (2020) Barleywine - English

11.5% ABV New Anthem Wilmington, NC
    2020 Vintage. Conditioned in Willet Bourbon Barrels."⁣

Felt the urge to drop this here. No particular reason...

El Camino

This one caught my eye, too.

B@#$!% Camaro

For when the grass is getting a little tall.

Lawnmower

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    For when the grass is getting a little tall.

Lawnmower
    You sir, are a genius. I love this.

A day of yard work can often work up an appetite.

Meat Wave

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    A day of yard work can often work up an appetite.

Meat Wave
    I AM a meatatarian. It's a personal choice.

Obviously my favorite brewery is Hardywood, with Veil second and Ardent third, although the honey ginger and bba honey ginger (when they have it) might be my go to everyday beer.

Hardywood and Veil rely on food trucks, but have indoor and outdoor space - Hardywood is definitely bigger, plus they have two locations, downtown/scott's addition and west end/west creek. Ardent just started a food shop - outdoor only option, that has been quite good. Small, reservations required, but good salad and sandwiches.

Hardywood west creek has outdoor fire pits, nice seating indoors and out, usually has weekend entertainment pre-covid, this winter they put up a large outdoor tent for covid. They are remodeling/rebuilding downtown, I need to go back and check on their progress.

OK, here's a stab at the favorite list (ask me tomorrow and it will be different)

For beer alone -

Veil - for their beer and their "non-beer"
    Three Notch'd - everything from there has been great for a couple years now
    Lickinghole Creek - reminds me I need to place another order soon

For Ambiance?

Legend - Nothing like sitting on the deck watching the sunset and all the lights of the city come on with a Tripel in hand, splitting a Cuban sandwich, listening to a favorite Jazz trio. (Django Tango being one of my personal faves!)

Answer - Monday night is (well, used to be) funk night. Great Beer, Great Food and Great Music is definitely the trifecta. Mekong Express - the group of guys who used to get together there, put an album out.

Bacova Beer - Nestled in my tiny little home town of Hot Springs, VA. The beer is meh, but they're really trying hard. And I can't walk in without meeting some old girlfriend from high school or someone whose grass I used to mow, or something along those lines. It's like something out of some bad movie.

Zion Brewpub - A good pint, some good Schnitzel, surrounded by the beauty that is Zion National Park. And the homemade German Soft Pretzels are to die for.
    Last edited by Nrrrrvous; 03-02-2021 at 09:30 AM. Reason: punctuation is my friend
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post

Zion Brewpub
    Is that next door to the First National Bank and around the corner from the Cooperative Mercantile Institution?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Is that next door to the First National Bank and around the corner from the Cooperative Mercantile Institution?
    Ha!

But if you don't believe me, here is a pic of the pub...

Pub-front-1140x762-1.jpg

It's pretty magical in the summer around dinner time.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

This got me thinking -

If you could only name 1, What is your favorite brewery?

It can be anywhere in the world.

My favorite used to be Brewery Bhavana. And it's tough because different breweries specialize in so many fun styles. Plus I love local favorites.

But as we all know, there has to be a #1 meaning there has to be a #2

Right now my favorite is Hardywood, but would love to hear about others and your picks
    A very, very difficult question. Need to think on this one. There are 3-4 candidates for me.
    I'm not going to skirt this difficult question. As y'all know, I'm a fanboy of New Anthem, believe Foothills may have the best portfolio of "dark beers" around, think SoPines has come a long, long way and makes some really great beer, and am a YUGE proponent of Hardywood. But, if I could have beer from only a single brewery for the rest of my life, that brewery would be . . . . . <drum roll>

Haw River Farmhouse Ales.

They make *so* many varieties of such interesting stuff and, with maybe one exception (an IPA that didn't bowl me over), they execute it superbly.

I'm not going to skirt this difficult question. As y'all know, I'm a fanboy of New Anthem, believe Foothills may have the best portfolio of "dark beers" around, think SoPines has come a long, long way and makes some really great beer, and am a YUGE proponent of Hardywood. But, if I could have beer from only a single brewery for the rest of my life, that brewery would be . . . . . <drum roll>

Haw River Farmhouse Ales.

They make *so* many varieties of such interesting stuff and, with maybe one exception (an IPA that didn't bowl me over), they execute it superbly.
    I neglected to include Wise Man as one "in the running here," because they definitely are (and not merely because of the acronym ).