Page 1878 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 878137817781828186818761877187818791880188819281978 ... LastLast
Results 37,541 to 37,560 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Hardywood - Intermingle

Bourbon barrel quadrupel (15 months age) + bourbon barrel barleywine (14 months age) + chardonnay barrel Belgian strong golden ale (4 months age). Family Tree exclusive. 10.4%.

Another excellent mix. You get the bourbon and ale up front. A hint of the Barleywine, and a touch of Chardonnay/butter on the finish. This was a family tree warehouse sale, wish I had bought two 4-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I succombed to temptation today and placed an online order for curbside pickup at Boulevard Brewery today. Tonight's choice - Attachment 12649
    I like it and look forward to having it again.
    An amazing beer. I bought a 4 pack about 6 months ago and still have 2 left and will treat myself to another this summer and probably take the last one to a tailgate to share this fall if such a thing returns for Duke football.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Also picked up this one Attachment 12650
    Hoping to try it Friday when there will be others around. They suggest drinking it in 3 days after they fill it and no more than a week. Apparently, wild yeast could lead to it exploding.
    That looks delicious. The "drink it soon" suggestion is spot-on but I have never heard of a crowler exploding. Now, home brewing mini-kegs on the other hand...

Because LegoBatman had one recently and inspired me, plus, a session beer last PM was simply not in the forecast:

KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge-Founders Brewing Company

Nope, not local.

Credit-a keen eye, a need for traders and a few extra $$ open on the Visa
    Style-BBA flavored imperial stout
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Bottled on: 10.26.20 2101 6
    Stemware-Founders Snifter
    Appearance-gooey; surprising 2 fingered, tan head
    Nose-coffee fudge
    Mouthfeel-10W30
    Tastes-dark chocolate fudge, coffee, bourbon, vanilla, wood, more fudge, more bourbon, maple syrup
    Adjuncts-Mackinac Fudge Coffee and maple syrup
    IBU-it doesn't matter
    ABV-11%, not hidden and drinks more like a 14-15% heavyweight
    Overall impression-exceeded my lofty expectations; stunning
    Ymm, Beer rating-front and center, top shelf cat 3; highly recommended; if still available, buy a four pack or more and cellar for 12-18 months

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Hardywood - Intermingle

Bourbon barrel quadrupel (15 months age) + bourbon barrel barleywine (14 months age) + chardonnay barrel Belgian strong golden ale (4 months age). Family Tree exclusive. 10.4%.

Another excellent mix. You get the bourbon and ale up front. A hint of the Barleywine, and a touch of Chardonnay/butter on the finish. This was a family tree warehouse sale, wish I had bought two 4-packs.
    Sounds amazing, as many other Hardywood brews do, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    My Virtual Pub contribution is the Edmund’s Oast Maple Coffee Cream brown ale I reviewed upthread. Ymm, Chucktown. I really miss Kiawah.
    Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Had that a few weeks ago. Tasty.
    I can confirm that it remains tasty even tonight. As a second/dessert beer. Following WMB's Blissed Out as the "dinner beer."
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Ghost in the Machine
    Parish Brewing - Broussard, LA
    Style: DIPA
    ABV: 8.5%
    IBU: ??
    Hops: Citra

From the brewer:
    "Welcome to the future. Our collective human consciousness, or Ghost in the Machine, has gained a tolerance for hops beyond what mankind has ever known before. This double India Pale Ale is the necessary outcome. Brewed with obscene quantities of hand-selected Citra hops from our favorite farm in Yakima Valley, WA. Expect pungent grapefruit aromas and flavors, tropical fruit, and less harsh bitterness than most IIPAs."

I think this is the IPA that ClemmonsDevil recommended (let me know if it isn't) and I can certainly see why he likes it. It is the perfect beer to accompany a bowl of turkey chili, a turkey burger, or even turkey tartare...

All kidding aside, it is a very good IPA. Poured a hazy light yellow with a small white head. Lots of lacing. I got more orange juice than grapefruit with a mildly bitter finish. Has a 99 on BA. Looks like there is a double-dry-hopped version which scored a 100.

[Checks map]...hmm, the brewery is about 20 minutes off the freeway in Lafayette which just so happens to be on the drive between TX and NC. If we somehow make a wrong turn and have to turn around in the parking lot it's only polite to make a purchase, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Ghost in the Machine

From the brewer:
    "Welcome to the future. Our collective human consciousness, or Ghost in the Machine, has gained a tolerance for hops beyond what mankind has ever known before. This double India Pale Ale is the necessary outcome. Brewed with obscene quantities of hand-selected Citra hops from our favorite farm in Yakima Valley, WA. Expect pungent grapefruit aromas and flavors, tropical fruit, and less harsh bitterness than most IIPAs."

I think this is the IPA that ClemmonsDevil recommended (let me know if it isn't) and I can certainly see why he likes it. It is the perfect beer to accompany a bowl of turkey chili, a turkey burger, or even turkey tartare...

All kidding aside, it is a very good IPA. Poured a hazy light yellow with a small white head. Lots of lacing. I got more orange juice than grapefruit with a mildly bitter finish. Has a 99 on BA. Looks like there is a double-dry-hopped version which scored a 100.

[Checks map]...hmm, the brewery is about 20 minutes off the freeway in Lafayette which just so happens to be on the drive between TX and NC. If we somehow make a wrong turn and have to turn around in the parking lot it's only polite to make a purchase, right?
    It is! I am headed to Lafayette soonish and I will bring some back to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Ghost in the Machine

From the brewer:

Hmm, sounds like it has potential and certainly like it'd be worth a wrong turn.

Great pairings, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It is! I am headed to Lafayette soonish and I will bring some back to trade.
    220px-Ghost_In_The_Machine_cover.jpg

Silly me.

Guinness Extra Stout-Guinness and Company

St. James Gate is far from local

Credit-leftover in guest fridge
    Style-^^^^
    Format-11.2 ounce bottle
    Glass-shaker pint
    Appearance-dark brown; tan, voluminous head
    Nose-heavily roasted grains
    Mouthfeel-roasty
    Tastes-burnt caramel and grains, coffee, dark fruits
    IBU-probably 50
    ABV-5.6%
    Overall impression-45 years ago, I hated this; in the last couple decades, I've learned this is an absolute world classic for the style
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid cat 3 for the history/style; OPK should chime in and tell us it's even better on nitro/from the cask in the pub and he'd be 110% correct

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Guinness Extra Stout-Guinness and Company

St. James Gate is far from local

Credit-leftover in guest fridge
    Style-^^^^
    Format-11.2 ounce bottle
    Glass-shaker pint
    Appearance-dark brown; tan, voluminous head
    Nose-heavily roasted grains
    Mouthfeel-roasty
    Tastes-burnt caramel and grains, coffee, dark fruits
    IBU-probably 50
    ABV-5.6%
    Overall impression-45 years ago, I hated this; in the last couple decades, I've learned this is an absolute world classic for the style
    Ymm, Beer rating-low/mid cat 3 for the history/style; OPK should chime in and tell us it's even better on nitro/from the cask in the pub and he'd be 110% correct
    DaughterPK and I toured the St. James Gate brewery a few years ago. They claim to be using the same strand of yeast now for some 150 years. Every day, they use part and put the rest in storage for future use and safety. No idea if that’s true or if it’s blarney.

Guinness is in year 262 of a 9,000 year lease at the St. James Gate location so you have plenty of time to test it yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DaughterPK and I toured the St. James Gate brewery a few years ago. They claim to be using the same strand of yeast now for some 150 years. Every day, they use part and put the rest in storage for future use and safety. No idea if that’s true or if it’s blarney.

Guinness is in year 262 of a 9,000 year lease at the St. James Gate location so you have plenty of time to test it yourself!
    Yep, that woulda been a good Virtual Vacation location, too. Our younger daughter and her husband were there a couple years ago and sampled several "variants" from across the Guinness "world" and sent photos.

Tefnut Pineapple Whip Orange Swirl-The Veil Brewing Company in collaboration with Omnipollo

Imperial gose with tangerine, pineapple, OJ, non-dairy vanilla soft serve, vanilla salt and Madagascar vanilla beans and 10% ABV

Sure doesn't look/taste like beer.

I have one left and not sure I can get it to Tripping but will hold onto it for another month or so. Hopefully, he gets one of RJ199's in the 336.

Looking forward to another variant from Nrrrrvous, perhaps later this month.

Heading to Ohio- definitely JackieO’s now that they’re in Columbus, wolfs ridge and Zaftig probably too. Orders?

Heading to Ohio- definitely JackieO’s now that they’re in Columbus, wolfs ridge and Zaftig probably too. Orders?
    Not this time. Still sipping through Christmas inventory and some odds and ends bought since that time for personal and trading purposes. We'll be headed that way mid-April. Be sure to let us know how the weather is on the journey every day; hourly if possible.

If you see anything that you think I'd like, pick it up. You know I'm good for it!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I'm off of beer-buying probation! Got a trip to Veil/Three Notch'd on the agenda for after work! Hardywood doesn't seem to have a whole lot of good stuff for pick up. Might stop by anyway...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

http://deadpresidentspub.com/five-re...%2C%20silicon.

Older blog post but still relevant!

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    If you see anything that you think I'd like, pick it up. You know I'm good for it!
    And, if accfan needs any suggestions about Columbus/Ohio brews, he knows how to contact me.