Page 960 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4608609109509589599609619629701010106014601960 ... LastLast
Results 19,181 to 19,200 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Brewery Bhavana Cellar Door Number Two

Brett sour blend aged in Sangiovese barrels for eight months and then hopped with Nelson Sauvin.

Clear pour into two Ephemere tulips, leaving a few ounces behind in the 750ml bottle that was sedimenty.

A really beautiful clear copper hue.
    Nose is woody, sweet and sour.

Almost a sweet red wine beginning that sours and then dries out at the finish.
    An elegant drop full of complexity.

Cheers! 🍻

NC now with >300 craft breweries:

https://ncbeer.org/

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Brewery Bhavana Cellar Door Number Two

Brett sour blend aged in Sangiovese barrels for eight months and then hopped with Nelson Sauvin.

Clear pour into two Ephemere tulips, leaving a few ounces behind in the 750ml bottle that was sedimenty.

A really beautiful clear copper hue.
    Nose is woody, sweet and sour.

Almost a sweet red wine beginning that sours and then dries out at the finish.
    An elegant drop full of complexity.

Cheers! 🍻
    Sounds like your beer taste buds are returning.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    no. 3-(Cultivated by) Brewery Bhavana

Local, indeed!

From this:

https://brewerybhavana.com/cellardoor

Humble and profuse appreciation to fuse for buying extras of each of the first six releases in the series last year as part of his club membership and providing them as traders in December, IIRC.

(And no, I haven't sampled no. 1 or no. 2 yet.)

Their description:

"An elegant blend of three Sauvignon Blanc wine barrels, this golden sour has hints of tangerine, soursop, pink peppercorns, and citrus zest."

My description (late entry from Thursday night):

Poured from a $13 750 ml bottle (not quite a steal but quite a deal) into Gouden Carolus chalices and shared with our son whilst we dined on a grilled pork roast, smashed red potatoes and roasted mixed vegetables. Appearance was bubbly but the thin head quickly faded, still leaving a bit of a tingle for the palate. Color was a pale, pink-tinged, orange-yellow. Aromas were mild vinegar and sour fruits. Our palates told us sour berries, lemon-limeade, orange zest, wet wood and more zinfandel than Sauvignon Blanc. I'll guess 10 IBUs (sour, not bitter, if that makes sense). ABV was 6.2%. Perhaps not the best pairing with pork but still a very pleasant experience. I'm greatly anticipating the remaining 5 bottles of different styles and/or barrel-agings.
    Another quick dissipating head.

Similar nose to my palate as Cellar Door Number Two- sweet and sour, not as woody.

Much fruitier and more sharply sour than Number Two. A brighter beer.

Starts with orange pith, grapefruit zest and a mild, dry sour finish.

Another Brewery Bhavana hit! 🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Another quick dissipating head.

Similar nose to my palate as Cellar Door Number Two- sweet and sour, not as woody.

Much fruitier and more sharply sour than Number Two. A brighter beer.

Starts with orange pith, grapefruit zest and a mild, dry sour finish.

Another Brewery Bhavana hit! 🍻
    Yep, "The boys are back in town."

"Put that coffee down!"

From 1/5/18 (worth re-visiting):

Coffee Is For Closers-Fullsteam Brewery

Pass the cream and sugar! Wait a minute, it already has milk sugar (aka lactose) listed as an ingredient .

Pour from a 12 ounce can, generously gifted by fuse last year, well, last month, was a dark brown with almost a milkshake thick, tan head. Enticing aromas of dark roast coffee with some dark chocolate. The coffee tastes were not as bold as When The Lights Go Out and I think I like the bit more subtle coffee flavors here. There's heavily roasted, almost burned grainy tastes, a splash of cream/sweetness, some dark milk chocolates (or should that be milky dark chocolates) and a swizzle of dark caramel. IBUs on the scale at 36 and the ABV is 6%, both a bit higher than the Sun King coffee porter. This was wonderful with a large bowl of Mrs. dd's home made chili tonight but would also be at home with a slice of chocolate cake, too. An outstanding concoction. Thanks again to fuse for sharing one of his favorite brews!
    From dinner time tonight:

Coffee Is For Closers-Fullsteam Brewery

12/18/18
    CANNED

Getting near the end of February's beer purchases for younger daughter (30 for 30), son (traders) and self (treat!). I think there are 2 left and one is poised for launching late tonight.

This was either about $1.50 or $1.70 after my 15% large purchase discount and well worth it. Review above still holds true and it paired quite well with a pulled pork sammich (homemade by a friend and bought at a fundraiser recently) and some homemade slaw. A delicious coffee porter. Would also make a great tailgate breakfast beverage.

Warning: there are some naughty words in this clip:

From 1/22/15 (original review):

Skillet Donut Stout-Burial Beer Company

Dark fudge coffee. Or maybe coffee infused dark chocolate fudge. I divided this 750 ml capped bottle over the last couple nights. Poured a slightly thin, almost black hue with a huge coffee nose from the 50/50 blend of cold pressed Hologram and Big Trouble coffees from Counter Culture Coffee (as stated on Burial's website). Bottle says 9 malts, website says 6-row Pale malt, along with Nugget hops, oats, milk sugar (lactose), molasses, and surprisingly, no chocolate. But this sure tastes like semi-sweet dark chocolate morsels with a handful of raisins. I think they serve this at the brewery with a chocolate donut hole. It'd also be delicious with any other chocolate or caramel dessert or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Liquid dessert also works. Comparable to Founder's Breakfast Stout but not quite in the same league as their KBS, but you never know what a few months of bourbon barrel aging might do to this ale. IBUs stated as 60 and ABV at 8% and served at about 50-55 degrees as suggested on the bottle. They claim this will be canned in early 2015 so I can imagine the demand for this may be rather high.

Attachment 4653
    From tonight:

Skillet Donut Stout-Burial Beer Company

(mostly unreadable ink smudges on bottom of pint can)

Next-to-the-last purchase from February's splurge. About $5 for the pint can after my 15% "bulk" purchase discount.

I don't think much has changed WRT appearance, aromas or tasting. Still a superb flavored coffee imperial milk stout. I had no donut holes at home so I settled for a giant, day old chocolate chip cookie from a favorite gourmet cookie shop in town. Highly recommended. Ymm, (cookies and) Beer.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Honey Ginger (brewed on December 8, 2017)-Ardent Craft Ales

World class beer. (Can I stop my review there? )

Delivery source: accfanfrom1970 (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!)

Normally, I'd cellar a beer like this for 6-12 months or more given its characteristics and expectations, but somehow, this one beckoned me on Tuesday and Wednesday nights when I divided this 750 ml capped bottle.

Poured into Gouden Carolus and Allagash tulips, the color was gold with a modest fizzy and foamy head. As anticipated, aromas were ginger, honey/light brown sugar and bourbon. Tasted like a classic bourbon and ginger ale cocktail with a tad more sweetness from the honey-ish finish. Amazingly smooth at only 18 IBUs with the ginger providing a bit of a warming bite. ABV was a dangerous 11.5% as it was seductively smooth and easy sipping and could have been consumed in one sitting. Or shared (hint to accfanfrom1970: we'd gladly welcome one or more of these to a tailgate this fall if you and your wife are able to attend again-yes, I'm shameless). Cost? I got this and two Hardywood GBS variants for $25, almost unheard of pricing for beers of this quality.

Thank you again!
    I'm pretty sure I could drink myself silly with a couple bottles of these in one evening. Great beer. More tomorrow.

From 2/17/18:

Bourbon Barrel Aged Honey Ginger (brewed on December 8, 2017)-Ardent Craft Ales

World class beer. (Can I stop my review there? )

Delivery source: accfanfrom1970 (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!)

Normally, I'd cellar a beer like this for 6-12 months or more given its characteristics and expectations, but somehow, this one beckoned me on Tuesday and Wednesday nights when I divided this 750 ml capped bottle.

Poured into Gouden Carolus and Allagash tulips, the color was gold with a modest fizzy and foamy head. As anticipated, aromas were ginger, honey/light brown sugar and bourbon. Tasted like a classic bourbon and ginger ale cocktail with a tad more sweetness from the honey-ish finish. Amazingly smooth at only 18 IBUs with the ginger providing a bit of a warming bite. ABV was a dangerous 11.5% as it was seductively smooth and easy sipping and could have been consumed in one sitting. Or shared (hint to accfanfrom1970: we'd gladly welcome one or more of these to a tailgate this fall if you and your wife are able to attend again-yes, I'm shameless). Cost? I got this and two Hardywood GBS variants for $25, almost unheard of pricing for beers of this quality.

Thank you again!
    From the last 2 nights:

Bourbon Barrel Aged honey Ginger-Ardent Craft Ales

Brewed on December 8, 2017. Amazing that this 750 ml capped bottle lasted this long and it may have been even better in the bottle for another 14 months.

All the above still applies, adding that it's a tripel style ale and there may be some more wood, vanilla and lightly toasted coconut flavors after additional aging. If Ardent released this in 2018 and any bottles are still available, I think I'd take a case of this for trading, sharing and hoarding, err, aging .

Thanks again to accfanfrom1970 for allowing me to choose this last year as one of my traders for some $10 Curieux large format bottles!

[QUOTE=devildeac;1156411]From 2/17/18:

From the last 2 nights:

If Ardent released this in 2018 and any bottles are still available, I think I'd take a case of this for trading, sharing and hoarding, err, aging .

Thanks again to accfanfrom1970 for allowing me to choose this last year as one of my traders for some $10 Curieux large format .

This has been my favorite beer since it’s first release. I like their regular honey ginger, their BBA put it over the top. 2017 I was able to buy it at total wine and Tom Leonard’s, in addition to their draft room. I must have bought 20 bottles which is why I didn’t mind trading some. Then 2018 I couldn’t get a release update other than it was “in the barrels.” I don’t know if there were production or barrel issues, but it sold out in two days one weekend and never hit the stores. I missed it out of town. I’m still searching, but am resigned to 2019.

[QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1156432]
    From 2/17/18:

From the last 2 nights:

If Ardent released this in 2018 and any bottles are still available, I think I'd take a case of this for trading, sharing and hoarding, err, aging .

Thanks again to accfanfrom1970 for allowing me to choose this last year as one of my traders for some $10 Curieux large format .

from accfanfrom1970: This has been my favorite beer since it’s first release. I like their regular honey ginger, their BBA put it over the top. 2017 I was able to buy it at total wine and Tom Leonard’s, in addition to their draft room. I must have bought 20 bottles which is why I didn’t mind trading some. Then 2018 I couldn’t get a release update other than it was “in the barrels.” I don’t know if there were production or barrel issues, but it sold out in two days one weekend and never hit the stores. I missed it out of town. I’m still searching, but am resigned to 2019.
    I'm always honored and humbled when someone serves/allows me to choose one of their favorite beers. I'm good this winter for a bottle, a case or some quantity in-between if/when they release it this year.

I had no clue they named a beer after one of these:

220px-Southern_Cassowary_7071.jpg

https://hardywood.com/beer/cassowary/

I had no clue they named a beer after one of these:

220px-Southern_Cassowary_7071.jpg

https://hardywood.com/beer/cassowary/
    And it’s the basic stout for their Hoax, Trickery and Foolery.

Boulevard Brewing “Rye on Rye 6” 2019 limited release. 4-pack 12 ounces, from total wine. An ale, spicy rye malt , aged in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels. It’s malty, spicy, hints of vanilla and oak. A bit of sweetness and a bit of a boozy finish. 12.9% and only 16ibus. Exceptional beer, if you like the Rye finish. I enjoyed the Rye GBS from Hardywood so picked this up on impulse. 4-pack for $17. I will get another 4-pack if it’s available. The “6” is the 6 year barrels, Templeton ages their whiskey 6 years not the typical 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Boulevard Brewing “Rye on Rye 6” 2019 limited release. 4-pack 12 ounces, from total wine. An ale, spicy rye malt , aged in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels. It’s malty, spicy, hints of vanilla and oak. A bit of sweetness and a bit of a boozy finish. 12.9% and only 16ibus. Exceptional beer, if you like the Rye finish. I enjoyed the Rye GBS from Hardywood so picked this up on impulse. 4-pack for $17. I will get another 4-pack if it’s available. The “6” is the 6 year barrels, Templeton ages their whiskey 6 years not the typical 4 years.
    Nice find/alert. I've liked Boulevard (Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat) ales for years, especially their Smokestack Series offerings.

Nice find/alert. I've liked Boulevard (Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat) ales for years, especially their Smokestack Series offerings.
    This is also part of their smokestack series.

[QUOTE=devildeac;1156450]

I'm always honored and humbled when someone serves/allows me to choose one of their favorite beers. I'm good this winter for a bottle, a case or some quantity in-between if/when they release it this year.
    I’d be in for a couple of bottles, were they available.

This is also part of their smokestack series.
    Ymm, Bourbon Barrel Quad, a staple in my "cellar" and tailgates for years.

Another up-and-coming North Carolina brewery (Fonta Flora):

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/busine...9eb168289.html

"Starting with himself and one full-time employee and a $125,000 initial investment, the brewery now has 13 full-time employees, as well as 12 part-time servers (primarily moonlighting teachers) working in its two tasting rooms, Boera said.

“We played it safe the entire time,” he said. “We started super-small, and we expanded into a reasonable-size brewery.”

Besides the direct sales and tourism benefits, he said, the brewery’s use of local farm products — including more than 100 tons of grains and malt and 20 tons of fruit this year — provides a more than $250,000 infusion into the local economy."

Beer=good for the economy

From 4/16/17 (to celebrate 2 years):

Raspberry Stout (2015?)-Hardywood Craft Brewery

Thanks, duketaylor!

One of the 750 ml corked and caged bottles that never got delivered during FB or MBB finally arrived in my back hallway after our younger daughter and a couple her friends met up with duketaylor a couple weekends ago for the exchange.

Pour was a dark, dark brown with lots of ruby highlights. Modest head and the expected aromas of chocolate and berries. Tastes tantalized with more of the same with a little bit of sour but a lot of red raspberry and dark chocolate flavors. There's some dark roasted grains and a drop or two of coffee here, too. Think a raspberry-chocolate torte or layer cake. IBUs of 50 and a deceiving ABV of 9.2%. This was divided 4 ways and we still haven't seen or tasted any baked goods with our liquid pleasures.

There is a second bottle and I think I see faint lettering on the label that looks like "fuse" but the printing is getting very, very difficult to discern...

From last PM and tonight:

Raspberry Stout (2018?)-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

Hardywood doesn't date their bottles in any way so I'm guessing this is a fall/winter release as I bought four 500 ml bottles (a new format at $6 each-a very respectable price) in February with 2 going to our son as traders and the other 2 for me as I couldn't find "fuse" designated anywhere on any of the purchases .

I doubt much has changed as my visual and tasting impressions were pretty similar with the above and the current sampling with the same advanced stats. Perhaps this issue was a bit more tart/sour but the dark chocolate/cacao nibs and red raspberries were still shining stars. Highly recommended. I *think* accfanfrom1970 mentioned or inquired about a BBA version but I haven't seen that in NC. Perhaps he has a few thoughts he'd like to post...