Page 921 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 421821871911919920921922923931971102114211921 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,420 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Great review. This is one of Brueprint’s best offerings.

I’ve never had the Catawba Hooligan you reference. My limited tastings of Catawba beer have been “meh” at best.
    You also traded a BBA Blackberry Midnight Brue (imperial stout) with me a couple years ago which was also outstanding, IIRC.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Highland's Black Watch on tap at Bottle Revolution now. Amazing coincidence that it's 1.5 blocks from my office.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Highland's Black Watch on tap at Bottle Revolution now. Amazing coincidence that it's 1.5 blocks from my office.
    Black Watch (draft)-Highland Brewing Company

Half pint pour ($4). Onyx with a small, mocha head. This lives up to the memories of when I had this 2-3 years ago. Smells like Ghirardelli dark chocolate brownies and tastes like them, too. Almost chewy, fudgy consistency and amazingly smooth (oats in the grain bill) on the palate. Labeled at Bottle Revolution as a double chocolate milk stout also implies that lactose is added. IBUs about 50 I'd guess and the ABV is 8%, so this is an imperial milk stout. I actually like the Booneshine Long Winter Mocha Stout a shade better but this is still an excellent brew.

Roadside Prophet (draft)-New Anthem Beer Project

Two ounce taster because it's kinda/sorta local (Wilmington) and I had to try another beer with chilies .

Pour was dark mahogany with a foamy, beige head. Dark chocolate nose and a palate full of spices like vanilla and cinnamon (both added) which muted the mild heat of the chilies and blended nicely with the added chocolate. I'll guess IBUs of 60 and the ABV was 10.7%, both pretty standard for the imperial stout style. I'd certainly order a half pint of this if it's still available next week and sip it over 30-45 minutes to see if "warmed up" over that time. Made me think of Stone's Xocoveza.

I feel seen:

“A lot of beer drinkers have developed a sort of ADD with respect to the beers they drink, so going for a glass of beer at the bar or pub becomes less a pleasant distraction and more a relentless search for what’s new and exciting. In this mad rush towards the unusual and unknown, we tend to forget the great, familiar and still-wonderful beers that guided us all along the path to the craft beer renaissance,”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/taranurin/2019/01/09/a-new-flagshipfebruary-campaign-aims-to-save-core-beer-brands-before-they-disappear/#6b795a850587

I feel seen:

“A lot of beer drinkers have developed a sort of ADD with respect to the beers they drink, so going for a glass of beer at the bar or pub becomes less a pleasant distraction and more a relentless search for what’s new and exciting. In this mad rush towards the unusual and unknown, we tend to forget the great, familiar and still-wonderful beers that guided us all along the path to the craft beer renaissance,”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/taranur.../#6b795a850587
    Guilty.

(I'm still ready to trade those last 4 singles from my Christmas-gifted Sierra Nevada Snowpack .

Speaking of beer ADD - Bourbon Rasberry Stout w/Madagascar vanilla beans. One bottle limit from Hardywood.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Speaking of beer ADD - Bourbon Rasberry Stout w/Madagascar vanilla beans. One bottle limit from Hardywood.
    So, how many family members are you taking with you for additional purchases?

I can't even have a beer today so this has to go BTTT so someone can enjoy a great one and post about it after that shot.

I can't even have a beer today so this has to go BTTT so someone can enjoy a great one and post about it after that shot.
    I don’t have a great one, I have a lousy one. The Budweiser Copper Lager. Reading the label closely, “aged on real barrel staves.” So not barrel aged. Just tastes like regular Budweiser I guess, I don’t drink Budweiser. No oak or bourbon flavor. 6.2%. Couldn’t even finish it.

But I have a bourbon barrel aged GBS opened to properly celebrate the win. It is a great one

In-game was Deep River Joco White Tater, a Belgian dubbel brewed with white sweet potatoes. Almost as delicious as Cam’s swish!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I don’t have a great one, I have a lousy one. The Budweiser Copper Lager. Reading the label closely, “aged on real barrel staves.” So not barrel aged. Just tastes like regular Budweiser I guess, I don’t drink Budweiser. No oak or bourbon flavor. 6.2%. Couldn’t even finish it.

But I have a bourbon barrel aged GBS opened to properly celebrate the win. It is a great one
    You just saved fuse and me trips around the area and lotsa $$ looking for this one. Thanks! Kinda reminds me of that old michelob barrel-aged swill from a few years back.

Enjoy that GBS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    In-game was Deep River Joco White Tater, a Belgian dubbel brewed with white sweet potatoes. Almost as delicious as Cam’s swish!
    I haven't had that one in several years. I may have to re-visit next week.

I haven't had that one in several years. I may have to re-visit next week.
    Worth revisiting. A nice bit of bubblegum flavor to it.

Have I ever told anyone that Fullsteam makes great beer? 🙄🍻
    https://www.fullsteam.ag/journal/sou...ood-food-award

Celebrating Cam Reddish's coming off the schneid with Deshutes's Black Butte XXIX Birthday Reserve porter. Brewed with cacao nibs, cinnamon and cayenne, then 50% is aged in bourbon and rum barrels. Deliciously smooth. The cinnamon and cayenne play well off one another, and the barrel aging adds some depth. It looks like the ABV listed on the bottle is around 12% (it's a little blurry, although that might just be the effect of having consumed a goodly portion of this bomber ). I'd guess IBUs in the upper-30s. Another outstanding Deshutes offering.

Nope.

Think they'll be releasing Steak Knives this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Celebrating Cam Reddish's coming off the schneid with Deshutes's Black Butte XXIX Birthday Reserve porter. Brewed with cacao nibs, cinnamon and cayenne, then 50% is aged in bourbon and rum barrels. Deliciously smooth. The cinnamon and cayenne play well off one another, and the barrel aging adds some depth. It looks like the ABV listed on the bottle is around 12% (it's a little blurry, although that might just be the effect of having consumed a goodly portion of this bomber ). I'd guess IBUs in the upper-30s. Another outstanding Deshutes offering.
    Sounds like a bit different recipe than the Black Butte XXX that I had last summer on draft in a Portland 'burb.

Sounds like a bit different recipe than the Black Butte XXX that I had last summer on draft in a Portland 'burb.
    XXIX is a really interesting beer.