Page 1399 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 399899129913491389139713981399140014011409144914991899 ... LastLast
Results 27,961 to 27,980 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Yep on the go-to.

I may have to stop there here in a bit on a way back to the 828. Stopped by last Friday passing through. They have a great selection and the gentleman working was very nice. Needing to find some Irish brews for Saturday.
    Me too.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Latest box from the Hardywood Family Tree membership:

Long Boil Basil Hayden Barleywine [Aged for 16 months]

Famille Saison - White Wine Barrel Aged Saison Refermented on Apricots

Family Tree Baseball Shirt
    Family Tree Face Mask
    Family Tree Coaster Set

AND the return of Who Ya Gonna Call - Russian Imperial Stout aged in Basil Hayden Bourbon Barrels matured on vanilla beans, toasted coconut, and toasted marshmallows.

Ymmmm Beer indeed

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Latest box from the Hardywood Family Tree membership:

Long Boil Basil Hayden Barleywine [Aged for 16 months]

Famille Saison - White Wine Barrel Aged Saison Refermented on Apricots

Family Tree Baseball Shirt
    Family Tree Face Mask
    Family Tree Coaster Set

AND the return of Who Ya Gonna Call - Russian Imperial Stout aged in Basil Hayden Bourbon Barrels matured on vanilla beans, toasted coconut, and toasted marshmallows.

Ymmmm Beer indeed
    Sounding better than the Brewery Bhavana Cellar Door program all the time.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sounding better than the Brewery Bhavana Cellar Door program all the time.
    And I should also mention you get a $5 off anything on tap coupon, and 10% off all purchases on tap or to go.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    And I should also mention you get a $5 off anything on tap coupon, and 10% off all purchases on tap or to go.
    How's the Richmond housing market?

Anniversary day () for the devildeacs but nothing to offer because of on call status (). Will be a better contributor tomorrow night ().

So I just had my first Ardent Honey Ginger tonight. I know, I know, old news. But remember, I've only been back living in Richmond for a couple years, somehow I missed it.

Loved it. Thought I'd check to see who else reviewed it here. A search pulled up page after page after page. Clearly everyone here has already sampled and enjoyed. Well, now I feel like part of the team.

Lucky for me, I got three more waiting for me... (Might have to save one for the Mrs. when she gets back in town.)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

How's the Richmond housing market?
    I hear Monument Avenue has some lots available.

Ducks and runs...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

New Sarum Yadkin River Lager

On draft at our home golf club. A super-refreshing, flavorful beer. Bright gold. Minimal head. Good yeast. Great mouthfeel. Dunno what it would be like in cans, but was terrific on draft. Every bit the equal of Red Oak Amber. Very highest of Cat 2, if only because (like kölsches) standard lagers have a bit of a hill to climb. Excellent swing oil!

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    So I just had my first Ardent Honey Ginger tonight. I know, I know, old news. But remember, I've only been back living in Richmond for a couple years, somehow I missed it.

Loved it. Thought I'd check to see who else reviewed it here. A search pulled up page after page after page. Clearly everyone here has already sampled and enjoyed. Well, now I feel like part of the team.

Lucky for me, I got three more waiting for me... (Might have to save one for the Mrs. when she gets back in town.)
    Not sure what styles your wife likes but I'd imagine that would very likely be pleasing to her palate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    New Sarum Yadkin River Lager

On draft at our home golf club. A super-refreshing, flavorful beer. Bright gold. Minimal head. Good yeast. Great mouthfeel. Dunno what it would be like in cans, but was terrific on draft. Every bit the equal of Red Oak Amber. Very highest of Cat 2, if only because (like kölsches) standard lagers have a bit of a hill to climb. Excellent swing oil!
    Hmm, I've seen a few New Sarum brews but have never tasted one. This'll likely sway me.

Hmm, I've seen a few New Sarum brews but have never tasted one. This'll likely sway me.
    They make some decent beer. This may be the best one I have had thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post

Welcome to the club! Come fall-winter when the BBA Honey Ginger comes out you’ll have to try that too.

Me too.
    First trip to the Brewer's Kettle. Nice space. Good beer selection, but nothing "Irish" (whether reds or dry stouts). Not even the fetching young lady working behind the counter could find any. Oh well. Came home with some interesting stuff anyway.

First trip to the Brewer's Kettle. Nice space. Good beer selection, but nothing "Irish" (whether reds or dry stouts). Not even the fetching young lady working behind the counter could find any. Oh well. Came home with some interesting stuff anyway.
    Was your gal Stella helpful?

If not, I found 4 different suitable beverages at a Total Wine earlier this week and will return tonight for an additional 4 pack of a certain classic stout that has been barrel-aged.

Was your gal Stella helpful?

If not, I found 4 different suitable beverages at a Total Wine earlier this week and will return tonight for an additional 4 pack of a certain classic stout that has been barrel-aged.
    No rendezvous with Stella, and likely none before Saturday.

No rendezvous with Stella, and likely none before Saturday.
    Now, granted Total Wine's selection of Irish brews was not great, I still saw a couple other possibilities of US brews labeled as Irish-style stouts that were possibilities, like Fullsteam's Shenanigans, but, that was released several months ago and may not be available any longer.

Just read that Hiwire is looking to open their 5th(!)
    taproom this fall in Wilmington. Are there any other NC breweries with that many locations?

Starting to get nervous (or is that nrrvous?) about Irish beer acquisition before Saturday.

I may be having Blarney beer 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Just read that Hiwire is looking to open their 5th(!)
    taproom this fall in Wilmington. Are there any other NC breweries with that many locations?
    Not to my knowledge. I believe several have two locations and Trophy used to have three in Raleigh but closed one this spring, a COVID casualty.