Page 1216 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 216716111611661206121412151216121712181226126613161716 ... LastLast
Results 24,301 to 24,320 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Mother Earth Tripel Overhead 2015

You read that right.

Irresistable.
    Was among my favorites before ME discontinued.

Brassy gold.

Smells akin to what heaven may smell like (who knows???).

Rich, malty, and surprisingly fruity (apricot, peach, mango).

Cheers! 🍻
    I really miss that beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I really miss that beer.
    Gotta tell ya, as much as I enjoyed the BBA Tripel Overhead, the original (2009?) Tripel Overhead was as special as Allagash Tripel compared to Curieaux.

As a somewhat tangential side note, the Mother Earth Motor Lodge is as kitschy as I expected it to be. Fun way to spend Valentine’s Day with my (far) better half, and Chef and the Farmer is yet to come!

I really miss that beer.
    Seconded. May have to order a case of Ardent's BBA Honey Ginger if/when it's released this year and drive up to Richmond for a meet-up with accfanfrom1970...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Gotta tell ya, as much as I enjoyed the BBA Tripel Overhead, the original (2009?) Tripel Overhead was as special as Allagash Tripel compared to Curieaux.

As a somewhat tangential side note, the Mother Earth Motor Lodge is as kitschy as I expected it to be. Fun way to spend Valentine’s Day with my (far) better half, and Chef and the Farmer is yet to come!
    Chef & Farmer is terrific. That said, I liked Boiler Room Oyster Bar better.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Seconded. May have to order a case of Ardent's BBA Honey Ginger if/when it's released this year and drive up to Richmond for a meet-up with accfanfrom1970...
    I’ll be ordering two cases. And I look forward to any and all visits.

Chef & Farmer is terrific. That said, I liked Boiler Room Oyster Bar better.
    Thinking that may be tomorrow's destination for fuse, along with another visit to Mother Earth if they have any beer left...

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’ll be ordering two cases. And I look forward to any and all visits.
    Penciling in road trip for this fall...

Hanger Ale

This is an Amber ale that the Interwebz say is a collab involving HAss (sage-h) Clown. Pours a bright brown color. Off white head of medium size. Nice and malty. Went wonderfully with ribs and BBQ tonight at Bibs. Had never seen this beer before, so glad I took a flyer on it. Solid Cat 2.

Sauvageonne-Brasserie Trois Dames (Rue de France 1, 1450 Sainte-Croix, Switzerland)

Really? A Swiss sour? Local? (lol)

Credit-either a trader or gift/leftover from RJ199 during Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub Sour Day in October; thanks!!
    Format-caged and corked 750 ml bottle (375 ml tonight)
    Freshness info-it's been in various barrels for 3 years; who cares?
    Style-Lambic-inspired ale; blend of sour beers aged 3 years in our solera system in barrels of Cabernet Sauvignon
    Stemware-Gouden Carolus chalice
    Appearance-cloudy; amber red; no head
    Nose-apple cherry cider vinegar
    Mouthfeel-puckery; very puckery
    Tastes-represented the nose well; vinous; moderately sour; acetic; vinegar fruited with berries, cherries and sour apples; wet wood; funk
    Adjuncts-don't think any
    IBU-10 (sour, not bitter)
    ABV-6%
    Overall impression-if you don't like sours, you won't like this; if you do, it's an outstanding beverage
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 3; I intended to share with family but they're tiring of my sour selections

Sauvageonne-Brasserie Trois Dames (Rue de France 1, 1450 Sainte-Croix, Switzerland)

Credit-either a trader or gift/leftover from RJ199 during Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub Sour Day in October; thanks!!
    Style-Lambic-inspired ale; blend of sour beers aged 3 years in our solera system in barrels of Cabernet Sauvignon
    Tastes-represented the nose well; vinous; moderately sour; acetic; vinegar fruited with berries, cherries and sour apples; wet wood; funk
    Adjuncts-don't think any
    ABV-6%
    Overall impression-if you don't like sours, you won't like this; if you do, it's an outstanding beverage
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 3; I intended to share with family but they're tiring of my sour selections
    What is solera? Funny you should inquire. I never researched this before today:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solera

fad957cef4818f825c3e167dd6ba60f2_640x640.jpg

Another very interesting variant in the Dire Wolf Series.

More tonight after remainder of bottle consumed, but not Up All Night .

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Holy cow, yes. I forgot about the Burial Pilsner. I forget the name, but it is great. Zillicoah and Eurisko also make great pilsners. I have never had a Red Oak beer, but knowing they specialize in lagers I assumed they made one.
    You definitely need to try a fresh Red Oak Amber Lager. It's great on draft or out of bottles if they've been kept cold (it's not pasteurized).

Casita Cerveceria has also made an outstanding Pilsner, not sure how readily available it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You definitely need to try a fresh Red Oak Amber Lager. It's great on draft or out of bottles if they've been kept cold (it's not pasteurized).

Casita Cerveceria has also made an outstanding Pilsner, not sure how readily available it is though.
    Most of what he brews are "one-offs" so you may never see it again. I'm not sure I've ever had a CC pilsner. My loss. I can't think of anything average or mediocre I've had from CC since I "discovered" their brews a couple years ago. Many are outstanding.

Adjuncts-don't think any
    ABV-6%
    Because of the bolded above, I'm considering finishing this bottle with tonight's pasta, marinara and garden salad. As fuse and I have discussed before, not many beers pair well with Italian foods.

Note to RJ199:

I haven't forgotten about all those fine traders/gifts of sours back last fall. I'll knock out a couple this weekend.
    You're good! I understand completely. I'm still making very slow progress on my beer fridge. One weekend I might drink 3 beers. The next might be zero. Not having ACCN gets me out of the house more, like today. No beer before driving from Winston to Cameron. Bringing A game.

Have fun with that Bourbon tour! Def hit up Buffalo Trace. I don't know much about bourbon, but anything from them has to be the gold standard.

Adjuncts-don't think any
    ABV-6%
    Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for the great review

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You're good! I understand completely. I'm still making very slow progress on my beer fridge. One weekend I might drink 3 beers. The next might be zero. Not having ACCN gets me out of the house more, like today. No beer before driving from Winston to Cameron. Bringing A game.

Have fun with that Bourbon tour! Def hit up Buffalo Trace. I don't know much about bourbon, but anything from them has to be the gold standard.
    Kinda looking like we'll have to make 2-3 trips to complete most of the Bourbon Trail. We're staying near Bardstown so this trip is likely 3-4 tours there. Another time will be the "urban bourbon" loop in Loovil and the 3rd journey will be in/around the Frankfort area. (Yea, I know, there's another thread for that discussion .)

I *guess* a lot of the barrels for Ymm, Beer discussions originate in that area .

2dd66a38856628f8b5a957a558531650_640x640.jpg

Any sightings?

Must have a timer set...